Author Topic: Punk Buster  (Read 2618 times)

Offline ssdd

• View Profile
Punk Buster
« on: 28-01-2011, 22:01:36 »
i keep getting kicked from PB when i connect to a server, i have windows 7, all the  patches and i updated my pb, still get kicked from a server

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
Re: Punk Buster
« Reply #1 on: 28-01-2011, 22:01:42 »
Well then, delete you hacks.

Other than that, I'm not quite sure what to say if you've been updating your PB maunaully? What is the error message?

Offline Lloydyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-02-2011, 18:02:34 »
i get the same problem, and when i get kicked its just the standard "Service Abnormality" error, i've updated manually with PB got all the patches and everything...

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-02-2011, 18:02:06 »
if you get kicked you should get a detailed kick msg with an error code that sould help explain whats wrong

it could be simply that you are running fraps in the background but OLDER fraps versions get blocked by PB since they use simmilar techniques as hacks.

or stuff like xfire, teamspeak overlays  any program that injects some visual above the actual fullscreen game
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Lloydyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-02-2011, 18:02:33 »
if you get kicked you should get a detailed kick msg with an error code that sould help explain whats wrong

all it said was

PunkBuster kicked player (player name here) for 0 minutes
RESTRICTION: Service Abnormality

i actually managed to play on servers for a while with no PB error, only now its starting to mess up

and i am not running anything in the background fraps, Xfire etc

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #5 on: 20-02-2011, 23:02:04 »
I am having the same problem here :'( and I  am not running anything in the background

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-02-2011, 09:02:46 »
A PunkBuster "Service Abnormality" normally means that something is interfering with communication between the client services running on your PC (PnkBstrA, PnkBstrB, PnkBstrK) and the server.

Quite often this could be antivirus, firewall or security software ... or a host of other programs ... which can have services or hooks running in the background even though switched off or disabled.

Most official advice boils down to submitting a support ticket to evenbalance (who require patience to deal with) and/or eliminating suspect services.

Offline Lloydyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-02-2011, 11:02:31 »
after sending in a Support ticket Punkbuster told me that Compatibility greatly effects PunkBuster, turn it off whenever you can

Offline Fair_Player[PL]

• View Profile
Punk Buster Duble grafic card on windows 7 64 bit
« Reply #8 on: 06-06-2011, 15:06:37 »
Im playing in Fh 2 with Fair_Player[PL] nick. I bought laptop toshiba A 660 - 1 ek. It haves 2 grafic card (GF 330 m GT and Intel HD). The problem is with punk buster. During playing on multiplayer, PB kicks me for "multiple direct3d loaded". I read a lot of post connected with PB and duble grafic card or duble grafic procesor. I reinstaled, updated, and manualy started PB services = nothing helped. In my opinion problem is with nVidia program witch is switching between first grafic card (accelerator) and second powerfull card GF. i have newest grfic driver and updated windows 7.

Playing in BFBC 2 is also imposible due PB (the same error).

Any Advise

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06-06-2011, 16:06:18 »
unless someone here had the same problem and solved it i would advise you to visit the punkbuster forums (http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?act=home)

and check there if someone can help, this is too specific of a problem that we could help.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline MK

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-06-2011, 18:06:56 »
If you have win 7 64 klick on FH2 shortcut(or BF2.exe)turn off desktop themes and run as admin

Offline Turkletoon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-06-2011, 00:06:05 »
I've been getting constant kicks from punkbuster who gives me the message: Time out, can't update punkbuster.
I've tried to update it manually by saving the pbsec.htm, but it keeps deleting the file. The only firewall I have is windows firewall, and that one can't even see the punkbuster program, so I don't know if it is blocking it  :-[

Help please  :'(

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-06-2011, 02:06:47 »
 @Shield,

Have you tried downloading the pbsetup.exe that is available from evenbalance.org?
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Neo82

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #13 on: 24-06-2011, 04:06:06 »
@Shield

Try this link to download the pbsetup.exe

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

After downloading run this programm and add BF2 on it... Then click the Updatebutton. Pbsetup.exe will update your PB on added games.

Regards.

Offline Turkletoon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-06-2011, 11:06:57 »
Thanks, I will try this program as soon I've left work.
I haven't been able to play in months, and when I finally get my new computer running I can't play online  :-X
But I'm sure this program will work  8)