Author Topic: deckungszielgerät for spw mg  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
deckungszielgerät for spw mg
« on: 25-05-2014, 15:05:14 »
i  found a Picture of a spw Crew which Shows a nice view of an mg 34 which can be used from under cover
maybe you can use this for the mod

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
Re: deckungszielgerät for spw mg
« Reply #1 on: 03-06-2014, 05:06:22 »
Very cool. If this ever gets added to the mod it should come with a kitten.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Officer_Dufus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-06-2014, 15:06:58 »
Even so, MGs should still be able to be fired "blind" even if you are in the ducking/cover position.

Not being able to fire an MG because you have ducked down doesn't make much sense.

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-06-2014, 11:06:40 »
it also make much sense to fire a mg blind into the area...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-06-2014, 11:06:55 »
but... but I saw soldiers firing weapons blindly in COD?! And in war movies!! >:(

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-06-2014, 11:06:13 »
I heard stories from war veterans saying they indeed have shot their rifles and machine guns in the general direction of the enemy, and the enemy did the same. When bullets are whizzing in your direction, you do not stand up and look at the enemy, you fire from cover, have the bullets flying over their heads too.
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-06-2014, 12:06:27 »
Of course it did happen IRL but it doesn't make much sense in a game where we lack the fear factor or at least possibilty to animate it in a cool looking way.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-06-2014, 17:06:34 »
^And here we are again... We don't need "fear factor"... That's what suppression shaders are for! :p

And they do a decent job .... when they work (only some video cards - PR doesn't have this problem afaik, and only MGs and big explosions cause them to trigger).

In my opinion they should be triggered by all guns (except pistols, maybe), with shorter periods for single shot guns, and longer for burst fire weapons, but since I don't know how they work internally (i.e. if the duration can be set on a per-gun/bullet basis) I'll leave my rambling aside...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-06-2014, 17:06:51 »
^And here we are again... We don't need "fear factor"... That's what suppression shaders are for! :p

And they do a decent job .... when they work (only some video cards - PR doesn't have this problem afaik, and only MGs and big explosions cause them to trigger).

In my opinion they should be triggered by all guns (except pistols, maybe), with shorter periods for single shot guns, and longer for burst fire weapons, but since I don't know how they work internally (i.e. if the duration can be set on a per-gun/bullet basis) I'll leave my rambling aside...

I fully agree.  One reason I really stopped playing FH2 was the lack of suppression effects....

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-06-2014, 18:06:10 »
I agree too. That's a good point to do improvements at.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-06-2014, 19:06:39 »
More suppression would be great.  It takes away the edge from the low-ping twitch monkeys.  It is so disheartening to sneak up on a guy, would him, then watch him do some strange break-dancing and head shoot you with a pistol.

One of the reasons we have only one populated server is that ping really matters in this mod.  That's why you have a European community and a dwindling NA community that rarely mixes.  It's hardly a factor in PR where you routinely have Korean, Brazilian, and Russian squads on the same servers with Brits and Yanks.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-06-2014, 20:06:07 »

I fully agree.  One reason I really stopped playing FH2 was the lack of suppression effects....

i was playing on sunday and i had a guy pinned down a long ways away with my 1919a6  laying down as much lead as i could for what had to be 30 seconds,  next thing i know he pops like 1 or 2 seconds of mg42 fire and im dead....

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-06-2014, 00:06:20 »

how long it has to be repeated that suppression shaders can't be fixed? Why do you even compare it to PR? Graphics changes made in 2.4 broke those shaders, I'm happy for you that they work on YOUR video card but don't expect any changes to it (even if I agree with you), nobody will probably work on something what's broken. Btw, what I meant by the lack fear factor was lack of the suppression shader ::)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-06-2014, 01:06:42 »
how long it has to be repeated that suppression shaders can't be fixed?

Often enough for the people who weren't here way back when and the new guys we don't want to turn away.

Why do you even compare it to PR?
The only other active BF2 mod?  Can we compare it to BF2 Pirates?

If the shaders can't be fixed, what about the other issues around this same thing. 
Seeing blood fly out of your target's head when your hit doesn't register on his computer.
Shooting a guy a couple of times.  He turns around, one shots you, and runs away.
No, I don't want it to be PR and certainly not like those other games that jerk you around when shot, but maybe a little bit of both.

I'm all for new content but it's the basic gameplay glitches that make people give it up, particularly the close quarters action.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-06-2014, 02:06:21 »
I'm all for new content but it's the basic gameplay glitches that make people give it up, particularly the close quarters action.
Yes, and developers ignore those problems just to make new players go away and piss people like you off. Thank you for your input but constant reminding about known problems doesn't fix them.