Author Topic: Strange disconnecting problem.  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Strange disconnecting problem.
« on: 04-04-2009, 15:04:06 »
Well I got this strange problem that disconnects me on some servers but not on others.
For example: yesterday evening I joined HSlan, no problem at all but ingame I get disconnected and it says the connection is lost so I try again. Again, and again. Keeps disconnecting. While on another server it doesn't disconnect me, WOLFgaming it was.
Now today. Tried to join HSlan it simply says I have failed to connect. Doesn't matter how many times I try again and when I do get it it disconnects while loading.
And then I tried Skyttegrav and that works fine. What the?
Tried to update Punkbuster with PBsetup, problem still there. Really strange all this. Tried googling but people who have it seem to have it on ALL servers and I just have it on a few.

IN SHORT:

Problem: disconnecting on some servers, can't connect some servers while perfect on other servers.

Tried solving with:
updating punkbuster, it updated but the problem is still there.
different servers, some work others not.

Suggestions? Reinstalling BF2/FH2 seems never to work on Google hits so that will be a last resort. Can it be suck internet? Don't believe it since then it would mean everything would suck and some servers run fine.

Thanks for any help!

Fuchs
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: Strange disconnecting problem.
« Reply #1 on: 05-04-2009, 13:04:51 »
If you don't get an answer here, maybe try the hslan forums, maybe they have any ideas.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-04-2009, 16:04:17 »
I played on HSlan this morning without any problem. Rawhide can confirm that.
Strange. Also played on 130th Private last night without any trouble.

Well we'll see if it comes back.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #3 on: 05-04-2009, 16:04:55 »
I take it you were disconnected very shortly after joining a squad on Sidi.  Because I was there and wondered where you went.

And I sumetimes get randomly disconnected from servers.  It doesn't happen too often though.
« Last Edit: 05-04-2009, 18:04:53 by Eat Uranium »

Offline Magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-04-2009, 11:04:12 »
Exactly the samething happens to me sometimes also on hslan, get disconnected and can't reconnect to hslan but i can to other servers. The message when I want to reconnect "failed to connect, check your network settings" or something simular.

Luckily it's very rare but it's strange it only happens with hslan server.

Solution reboot your rig and it's solved, at least in my case.

Hope it will help you.

Magnus

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-04-2009, 12:04:55 »
we met with some of the HSLan guys  few weeks ago and talked about some of this stuff.
the bf2 engine is very limited ans we know and fh2 pushes these limits very hard. HSLan server is running around 80% load on a almost full server.
we believe this is one of the reasons for the random disconnects, also if the server is running on windows (32bit/64bit) or linux can make a huge difference.
as almost none of our testers experience random disconnects of the kind you get on HSLan.

to get back on HSLan getting a new IP (router reconnect/ reboot) can help but there is no real solution to this.

Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-04-2009, 16:04:50 »
It auto-solved it actually. I've googled abit about it and read about the router thing, don't have a router though  :P Thanks for all the kind help, I'll keep this in mind if it turns up again.