Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29589 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #210 on: 11-08-2013, 16:08:01 »
I don't want to to make everyone think like me. If I see strong arguments, I can change my mind aswell
OK, but you make people look as dumbasses when they disagree with you. You post stuff like "Is that so hard to understand?", implying that the people who disagree with you simply don't have the brains to comprehend what you are saying. A bit insulting, if you ask me.

Both want to have the invincible biker ingame, wich is a cheat so my question to them and you was:
Should we encourage people to use cheats?
Same here. I'm not stupid, of course I don't want cheats. I also never said that the biker thing is good. And where did you read that they actually prefer the biker to be invincible? You are making the biker way bigger than he actually is. You wrote yourself a while ago that the bike was put in by the devs for the lulz, so why are you making such a fuss about it?

I don't know how often people grab bikes to cheat with them, I have never seen it myself. But if it happens everyday, ruining gameplay, then I understand your point. Still, you should try to refrain from posting stuff like "Is that so hard to understand?", because you are perfectly capable of discussing with a bit more respect, I'm sure.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 11-08-2013, 16:08:24 »

A cheat could be the ability for tankers to simply sit and snipe with there zoomed in sights, or planes to reload on the fly, some guns to have unlimited ammo, or an engineer sitting on a tankers ass constantly repairing him, these are all things that are not true to real war therefore, based on your opinion of the bike issue, these must be "cheats".  I really don't understand what the issue is with the bike?  I know you can't kill the guy by shooting him, but its not like theres hundreds of bikes on the maps, theres maybe one or two and they hardly get used.  Too me it just seems to be a minor issue.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 11-08-2013, 16:08:58 »
Next to this I would like to state, that the biggest part of the active community is not posting here in this forum: people from Team Cont@ct for example and a big part of the 762 admin team, aswell as many other players and longtimers who share the same opinion. We are trying to communicate the problems that we see in our daily contact with the players and bring this to the devs. I don't know whether this is something that we should be ashamed of or not. The mainreason, why we are so stubborn and try to push and motivate the devs, is to keep the mod alive, nothing else.

Jimi stands and claps... At 1st i was appalled at the Private 762 Awards system & saw it as self serving....still do....but now my feelings have morphed into acquiescence as i see your heart is in the right place.....

...Actoville DOES work better & your communities efforts SHOULD be noted by the DEVS in the form of cooperation.

I understand that we can get a "bit" annoying from time to time, but it would be sad to see this mod dying sooner than later just because of failed communication.

I applaude Shit's integrity for telling it like it is & being a man about it.

Prost!

Ok...back into semi-self enforced fh2 forum retirement .......
 :P

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 11-08-2013, 16:08:05 »
When did a thread titled 'Development Progress' turn into a 2.45 tanking thread (slightly relevant but there's already a thread for that in the Feedback forum) and more recently a 762 bashing/ questions thread? (of which there is one somewhere)

Also Lightning/ garavant both gave us previously unknown information about the state of the development progress AND what's to come in the next patch. Other than those two posts its been almost ten pages of personal arguing and insensitive whining. ::)

Is this now just a complain about your bad times in FH2 thread?... cause if so.. *the sky in Sidi Bou Zid is very desolate and makes me sad when I play the game :'( therefore it should be changed in the next patch otherwise the devs are just WAITING for this mod to fail >:(* *sarcasm*

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 11-08-2013, 18:08:56 »
But we are talking about serious things which make this mod unplayable...  ::)

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 11-08-2013, 18:08:46 »
Personally I enjoy the lighting and sky in Sidi Bou Zid.
« Last Edit: 11-08-2013, 18:08:43 by Roughbeak »

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 11-08-2013, 18:08:18 »
Indeed. Less irony and sarcasm.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 11-08-2013, 20:08:53 »
Thanks Gavrant for the post I was waiting for. Tell me also what is the status with fixing the angle mod/meshes or whataver which is responsible for this bugs relating to tanking?
I have some relation, direct or collateral, to the bugs listed in my post, while the armor affair lies completely out of my "department", so sorry, but I can't say anything useful here.

Please check your facts Gavrant. As of yesterday, we could play Anctoville. Before we made the alterations, that was not possible. Because objects did NOT appear. Now the stars sometimes stay on the map, yes. But the necessary next objects appear ingame and can be destroyed. That is what matters.
OK, here's what I saw during my Anctoville round as a Brit on the #4 server (IIRC) on the 22nd of June:
- Quite chaotic and messed up spawning. The British could spawn in the middle of the first group of objectives before it was destroyed. Both the British and the Germans occasionally spawned almost in the same place at the same moment.
- The round ended before the last group of objectives appeared.
- The objective stars from Anctoville were still visible on the following PdH (the flak) and Totalize which confused some of the players.
Good if all the issues above are fixed now.

On the K98 I might be wrong. So it is just me having a hard time hitting with it. Agreed.
It's probably the same thing as with SMGs. I prefer the Beretta 38 or Thompson M1A1 over the MP40 even if I know that they are exactly the same in the config part.

Gavrant, there is a line between fighting and discussing. As long as we don't call each other names I have no problem with it and I don't think that the other beta testers or participants have a problem with it either, because people keep discussing and are interrested in the subject as you see, otherwise it would be damn quiet. Atleast that's how we do it, where I come from. I don't know whether you call a discussion with different opinions fighting? We even learn this in school. As a long as it stays clean - and I think it is atm - I see no problem.
But even your opponent doesn't consider that as a clean and calm discussion, see reply #210.

You can give clear names, I have no problem with being contradicted, Gavrant.
Furthermore: why don't you have the strenght to say the names of people, who you don't want to cooperate with?
If the name is so important, the piece I quoted belongs to Watchy. Well, maybe, the post is not particularly criminal, but that shell landed near my foxhole, figuratively speaking.

I have not put the said "attitude" out here. It is when I get people claiming things that are not true, where I do contradict.

- such as "broken ranking" (not true)
- such as "angle mod is a [762] problem" (not true)
- we ban so many players that it kills the mod (not true)
Odium has a good point: as long as people come up with their wild speculations, we can defend 762. We get alot of hard words from people like Korsakov, but nothing based on FACTS, and that is the point where we start to take part in the discussion. Because we will not accept, that people spread their lies about us.
For me, as an outside viewer, the defense often follows this scenario:
An enemy ship dares to sail near the 762 territorial waters. The ship is intercepted by a scout boat which is soon joined by a wolf pack, while the ship is reinforced by passing convoys. Both sides then proceed with the usual routine of trying to torpedo and mine each other with who banned whom for bazooking infantry in the year 200x, whose ranking is true to the Bible, what would the Founding Fathers say about the ABC line rule, and so on.
Perhaps, if you occasionally let a trawler to slip away, people would long forget most of the false accusations instead of reiterating through them again and again?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 11-08-2013, 20:08:26 »
The Mp40 and Beretta are identical, the Thompson shoots a different rounds with more damage and more recoil.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 11-08-2013, 20:08:03 »
M1A1, 1928 or both? In my recent experience with our lethargic AI bots it takes the same 3-4 hits to kill someone with the M1A1 as with the MP40.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 11-08-2013, 20:08:34 »
All Thompsons use .45.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 11-08-2013, 21:08:41 »
Then I stand corrected - for me, the Beretta is better than the MP40, and the Thompson M1A1 is better than 1928 :P

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #222 on: 11-08-2013, 21:08:17 »
Thanks for the reply Gavrant. You are welcome to stop by on the servers and check if how Anctoville is working as of today. Criticism and feedback is ofc welcome, you can directly contact Knallkopp and Neo about that.

About watchtower, he is entitled to his opinion, I will not regulate every word my admins say or attitude they have. If there is a serious problem, feel free to contact me and I'll try to help solve it.

Nice fleet analogy, but we don't have a battle plan on how to counter criticism.

We let more accusations pass then you may realize. I only react to serious criticism, when Theta comes up with his Panzerfaust story nowadays, I have learned to smile and ignore him along with the rest of the audience. Other than that I have learned that accusations have a tendency to mobilize into rumors and rumors into bad reputation if you do not contradict at one point.

Such as "stolen ranking" or "lazy developers". Both is nonsense. Just at some point you step in because you want to rectify it, may you be [762] contributor or FH2 developer ;)
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 11-08-2013, 21:08:07 »
Peace and prosperity! Peace and prosperity!  :)
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 11-08-2013, 22:08:23 »
Gavrant, Slayer told me that I make my opponents look like "dumbasses" - his words, not mine. Did I call them "dumbasses"? No. I admit that my discussions can be quite hard and I may ask them some unpleasent questions (wich some of them still fail to answer - yes, you Chad1992), but you should know that I stay fair and that I never insult my opponents. If I see proper argumentation I have no problems to change my mind or give room, but both fail to argue. I don't write their posts so they are responsible how people perceive them and the stuff they post. I don't need to explain why we can't take people like Korsakov serious and Chad doesn't seem to understand the difference between a gameplay mechanic that translates reality into a game and a hack/glitch or cheat and why this stuff is important, not only for fluid gameplay but also for me as a server admin.

About Chad's argumentation:

"Sniping tanks looking through their optics" - what a damn hack. Seriously? I agree on the plane and rearming mechanic - but still not a hack or glitch. "Guns with unlimited ammo" - Does this give me the abbility to get bulletproof with my body exposed? Chad simply misses the important point that people in fact abuse the ability to get bullet proof on bikes. Whenever there is a map with bikes, I see people riding them into the flagzones. Brest, Sfakia, PeB just to name a few. That's not a joke, that's the reality on our server and it makes the game look like a complete joke. Sad but true ... when you are not so often on a server, you won't notice this hiding in your corner, but when you play quite often and walk with open eyes over the maps, that gets something different. So when you have a strong playerbase, the biggest part of it will notice it. At the end Chad still owes me the answer, whether we should encourage cheating/hacking or not.

I think, I don't have to explain why invincible players in computer games are a kind of hack, glitch or cheat. And we will not accept this stuff on our server. We can't do much about the biker atm - thatswhy it is so important for me that it got fixed by devs - but we will kick people for abusing glitches like hiding inside objectives and this stuff. If this is not enough of explaination, then I am lost for words. Ofcourse there are people who have the opinion that cheats are cool and they are entitled to have this opinion and they also might think that this is a "minor issue" to quote some of the people here, but in general those kind of people get a quite bad reputation and find themself alone on a server.

Over and out  ;)