Author Topic: The game crashes when i use more bots!  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
The game crashes when i use more bots!
« on: 05-12-2009, 20:12:08 »
Hy 1rtly i want to say that iam an old player of forgotten hope , i used even to make my own textures for german units .
It is by far the best mod of any kind that i have ever played.
But i want your lights here, my Fh2 2.2 when i had 16 bots used to crash but periodically , i was playing and after half of an hour or so i might have a crash with a windown that was suggesting to me that if i wanted i could have reported the error to fh2 team.
When then i have read and followed the instructions on how to increase the bots in sp game from the deafautlai  then the crashes were almost immdiate.
Well it is such a pity when i tried to play that magnificent mod with glorious numbers of enemies that would have made it more cinematic and realistic and i cannot because it crashes
Can anyone please tell me why when i use more bots the game crashes , and is there any solution to that problem?
And 2ndly can anyone please give me instructions on how to play that mod in multiplayer?
Thanks very much

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: The game crashes when i use more bots!
« Reply #1 on: 05-12-2009, 20:12:14 »
Not sure about adding more bots but for Multiplayer, make sure you have the 1.5 patch, updated punkbuster from evenbalance.com, and of course the mod version 2.2. witht that you should be set

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-12-2009, 21:12:26 »
what excatly do i have to download from that site, cause there are a lot of files

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-12-2009, 21:12:02 »
go to BF2-->to download --> then hit PB setup. When that is downloaded, select BF2 from the list to check for updates
Note: I forgot to tell you that this is only required if punkbuster keeps kicking you

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-12-2009, 23:12:32 »
Ok i have installed pb and i have added the bf2 game , now what do i have to do in order to play it.
forgive me for the many questions i havent done this before

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-12-2009, 02:12:58 »
After you've updated punkbuster by doing an update, double click on the FH2 shortcut, and log into a multiplayer account(create one if you haven't already), and click multiplayer and join a server that has some people on it with a low ping. That's about it. 

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-12-2009, 03:12:14 »
Crashes happens on all maps?

Keep in mind some maps crashes after a while, maps like Goodwood and Aberdeen will crash after, in goodwood, the Sherman spawns. And Aberdeen, no idea.

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-12-2009, 05:12:34 »

i have noticed that in aderdeen when i added more bots the game crashed immediately when i had 16 bots the game was taking far more to crash
Well to be more precise every signle map that i tried was crashing when i added more bots, not immediately many maps were taking more from others to crash but the final conclusion is that every map crashes when i add more bots

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-12-2009, 07:12:15 »
i have tried another mod and the same error does not exist.
I think maybe there is something wrong in the mod that can be fixed
PLEASE FH2 team FIX THIS!

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-12-2009, 08:12:49 »
What are your system specs?

And how many bots are you trying to run?

My specs:
CPU: Opteron 170 (@ 2.4GHz)
RAM: 2 Gig
GFX: 9600GT

I can run 31 bots (max difficulty), anymore and it gets too laggy.

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-12-2009, 08:12:46 »
i have quite good specs ,4gb double core cpu
i can add 100 bots without serious lagging but it crashes after a while
not in all the mods i use

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-12-2009, 09:12:39 »
Try increasing the amount of bots in steps...e.g: Instead of 100 bots, first try 32 and see if it still crashes.

And try it on Crete, Giarabub, or Siege of Tobruk (I haven't had a CTD on those maps).

What type of RAM have you got? DDR, DDR2, or DDR3?

Could you post a copy of your aidefault file?

And SP Goodwood is SNAFU. The Shermans aren't the only problem on this map, I've replaced them and it still randomly CTD's.

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-12-2009, 09:12:45 »
Try increasing the amount of bots in steps...e.g: Instead of 100 bots, first try 32 and see if it still crashes.

And try it on Crete, Giarabub, or Siege of Tobruk (I haven't had a CTD on those maps).

What type of RAM have you got? DDR, DDR2, or DDR3?

Could you post a copy of your aidefault file?

And SP Goodwood is SNAFU. The Shermans aren't the only problem on this map, I've replaced them and it still randomly CTD's.

Sorry for my persistance on this  i have done it allready using alot of bot numbers the mod crashed with every bot number choice i have done , but as the bots increased the crashes increased also, the aidefault that i use for fh2 is exactly the same i use for anohter mod witch i dont want to name , the problem in that mod doesnt exist at all, although Fh2 is far superior from that mod unfurtunately gives me those crashes, i suspect something of course, i will try to use many bots in a previous fh2 patch, not in 2.2 if the problem disappears i will then reinstal the 2.2 that i will download from a different source  hopefully this will answer to me many questions

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-12-2009, 10:12:18 »
The only other thing I can think of is, try running the game in a window, when it crashes it should give you an error message (not the FH error msg).

Do you CTD when playing online? If so, maybe your install is corrupted...

Offline Napoleontas1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-12-2009, 12:12:16 »
The only other thing I can think of is, try running the game in a window, when it crashes it should give you an error message (not the FH error msg).

Do you CTD when playing online? If so, maybe your install is corrupted...

I have tried a little to play online but i couldnt