Author Topic: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!  (Read 18626 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Your epic fail in FH1/FH2!
« Reply #90 on: 07-06-2012, 20:06:38 »
Killing my own squad with a granade, while im the SL.
:D
at least they could respawn on you ;)

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 07-06-2012, 21:06:55 »
My entire reaction time and spotting ability in a tank. Half the time, i find myself hit "out of nowhere" by an enemy tank.

Also, any time I just CAN'T RESIST being a paratrooper on Crete after we already have a base secure, often resulting in several 40mm Bofors shells being fired at my face, provided the Ju-52 survives at all.

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 10-06-2012, 18:06:41 »
Fh 2 today, Map Fall of Tobruk, playing Fh2 a couple of years, but only today I found out to my surprise that
the church tower has stairs and a nice spot to snipe.  ???
I was really wondering and searching that door a couple times. My epic fail, to blind to get closer and examine that hole in the wall.
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 10-06-2012, 23:06:06 »
My entire reaction time and spotting ability in a tank. Half the time, i find myself hit "out of nowhere" by an enemy tank.

I know what you mean, it's like you're playing five seconds behind everyone else in a tank. I'll edge out into a street on Eppeldorf and see no enemy panzers, and then continue to drive down the street and suddenly a wild Panther appears right in front of me, except that I saw it the second I looked down the road and my brain didn't register 'enemy' somehow. This is similar to the brain fails I have when I'm driving a tank and see an anti-tank gun in the distance, and then retardedly continue to drive right at it for several seconds before I suddenly come back to myself and try to take it out/take evasive action.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 11-06-2012, 02:06:43 »
Fh 2 today, Map Fall of Tobruk, playing Fh2 a couple of years, but only today I found out to my surprise that
the church tower has stairs and a nice spot to snipe.  ???
I was really wondering and searching that door a couple times. My epic fail, to blind to get closer and examine that hole in the wall.

That map is absolutely jammed with all kinds of neat kits to find. Thermo bombs at Musso FTW, I can only find one bare hands kit though.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 14-06-2012, 21:06:00 »
Minutes ago on 762 at Eppeldorf: tickets around 4-2 for the germans. I see a silhouette on a farmhouse windows: results a teamkill. Germans won with tickets 2-0.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Target

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 01-07-2012, 20:07:22 »
I was a commander and ordered a supply drop at my position, one second later I got distracted by a close fight and moved a few steppes randomly. Ended up squashed by my own crate. /facepalm

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 03-07-2012, 03:07:00 »
I destroyed a captured ıs-2 at berlin  ::) Yeah i know i'm a noob.  ;D
That's quite a feat! You destroyed an IS-2! (although, you destroyed an IS-2 that was captured and you could fight in)

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 17-07-2012, 18:07:39 »
I'd say trying to fly a plane in FH2 is a neverending series of fails. Without a doubt, your typical pubby pilot is probably the most irritating kind of player in the game. I hardly ever fly but with 2.45 I thought I'd give it a spin in a few of the planes and it's an appalling experience. It is difficult to be patient with someone when you're standing in an empty hanger for five minutes with your pilot kit on, and someone runs up to you with a fucking MG42 and takes the plane when it spawns, but even that is almost better to being one of five guys standing where the Stuka should spawn, and you're the only one that doesn't know the exact pebble and blade of grass to stand on to make sure you get into it first.  Everyone standing there, letting the tension rise between each other, who will get it first.. what a bunch of shit. Who will get into the plane first should not be at all part of the excitement. Server rules don't matter, they aren't enforced unless you're lucky enough to have an admin waiting for the same vehicle.

Assuming you even get into the air, I suppose theoretically fun can be had, but I haven't had any yet. Reasonably this is much more my own lack of skill, though I do suspect there is an awful lot of people upping their mouse sensitivity to make the dickheads that can send King Tiger turrets spinning like ballerinas look like fair players. It's also a bit of a kick in the nuts that the guy you addressed (by name) when you were standing on the airfield on Totalize, he ran up to you with a fucking PIAT and took the plane, conveniently doesn't understand English.. until some other player asks if he played Red Orchestra too and he tells long boastful stories of his shit behaviour in that game too.

If you want to be your team's pilot for a couple rounds, no problem. If you want to be either teams pilot for all round, every round, then on behalf of every other person to ever play this mod, FUCK YOU AND LEARN TO SHARE.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 01-08-2012, 12:08:32 »
Well yesterday I encountered a fail, that resulted in my dead, but certainly was not my fault.

Giarabub, I was brit and going from forest/oasis to castle, from the collapsed part on wall. I notice there were s-mines all over the place. I started carefull crawl past them and I was almost through, when I saw friend running at me. I spammed No, No, No, Retreat, No, with voice command, but he just kept coming. He hits the first mine and I didn't die, I had crawled far enough from it! The the ragdoll of that player came down right next to me and triggered mine much closer to me and I died  ::).

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 04-08-2012, 17:08:31 »
Playing Falaise Pocket on WaW, the server nearly full for a change. Germans took the first two flags fast, then the second two flags even faster - we were down to just Lambert North and Mortar Battery, both cappable, and the tickets were around 650 for Canada and 450 for Germany, with Canadians bleeding badly. We said in team chat we were going to hold them at all costs, even though the mortar and artillery spam was horrendous, even for Falaise. Horstpetersens got 114 kills, so you can well imagine what the last half an hour was like. At times, Lambert was greyed and occasionally captured, but we got it back. Had a few heart-stopping moments when Mortar Battery was greyed, but we never let them cap it. The Germans couldn't manage to grey both flags at the same time, which is what they needed to do to win (which is kind of ridiculous, surely they should have to cap both).

Wherever we saw Germans, we killed them. We patrolled behind Mortar Battery, killing squad leaders. We S-mined paths and stopped Germans from getting behind us. The German tickets were falling achingly slow. 400.. 300.. 200.. 100.. we were going to do it. It was beyond a shadow of a doubt the single most impressive defense of a pair of flags that I can remember seeing in now 8 months of FH2. 50 tickets.. 40 tickets.. 30 tickets.. we won.

Oh wait, no, a tank drove up, shit out four infantry, greyed Mortar Battery and the Germans won 16-0.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 07-08-2012, 10:08:27 »
Yesterday on +64 server on Totalize:

I was flying the Typhoon and actually doing well in it, blowing up several Panthers and Tigers as well, when I was suddenly hit by a FW-190 and started burning. I was like: "Screw you, plane, I'm outta here!"
Managed to bail out succesfully, but had no pilot kit. Luckily I landed in the river. Apparently as I hit the water surface, it didn't register, so I was floating on the surface but still kept falling, making my swimming painfully sloooooow.. And when I got to the shore, it was literally touch'n'die.

Shortly after (or was it before, can't remember, doesn't matter) I landed the Typhoon on the runway on the opposite side from the plane spawn. I repair and rearm, when i see Odium jumping into the Spitfire. I immediately thought that he's not gonna make it over the Typhoon I just landed there. Then same thought process as above (Screw you, plane, I'm outta here) occured, and I bailed my aircraft.

Now, many people on this community know that when you bail a tank or a plane you end up on top of the said vehicle. I didn't remember that. I turned out that the Spitfire gets up in the air fast enough to clear the Typhoon with no problems. However, if you add approx 1.8m tall player on top of the Typhoon, he doesn't clear you. So I ended up with my head chopped off by Odiums propeller.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 07-08-2012, 11:08:25 »
Not my fail, but my opponent's one.

When i'm low on ammunition and i got many teammates around me, i always sacrify myself when we see a tank by charging it with Pistol/SMG (whatever you want ^^), like in private ryan. I often die, but this time...

A panzer IV was firing on me but as he was in AP, he can't fire HE...i avoided all his mg bullets, and then he ceased fired (while i was in front of him firing with thompson^^) to change ammo...he knows that i can't do anything and he was the master for this one...and then a Zooka saved my live =D
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 07-08-2012, 14:08:11 »
I was flying the Typhoon and actually doing well in it, blowing up several Panthers and Tigers as well, when I was suddenly hit by a FW-190 and started burning. I was like: "Screw you, plane, I'm outta here!"
Managed to bail out succesfully, but had no pilot kit. Luckily I landed in the river. Apparently as I hit the water surface, it didn't register, so I was floating on the surface but still kept falling, making my swimming painfully sloooooow.. And when I got to the shore, it was literally touch'n'die.
Hehe, yeah, I had the same on Crete 64+, jumping from a Ju52.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 07-08-2012, 14:08:00 »
A few days ago on Villers Bocage. I spawn on the SL in Villers Bocage town as Engineer, on the top floor of a building. I look out of the window and there is a Panther below us, standing right next to the wall of the building. I thought I am supercreative and put out my explosives. The window was one without wooden crossbar and I threw it through the window... nearly. I blew up the whole squad which was lonely in Villers, with no other squad leader around and the team did not have the Point 213 flag, so the whole attack on Viller Bocage failed.

After that I was taught that there is an invisible wall which makes it impossible to throw the explosives out of the window, it's like throwing it against a wall. Lesson learned ;D