Author Topic: If you were in such a situation, what would you do  (Read 684 times)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Hello, let me ask a hypothetical question. Answers, foolish answers, or any kind of answers are welcome.

(that "you" in the situation is not me)

Situation:

Once in your life, there is a good friend of you, he was very kind to you and often help you out with stuffs, share his food, whatever.

However, later on, he become someone who is annoying somehow. And you decided not to have such a friend any more.

Unfortunately, he keep trying to find you via whatever method, such as MSN messenger. How would you deal with such a guy? Yell at him? Punch him in the face? Or just quietly change your contact information/block-list?

Discuss.
« Last Edit: 13-02-2012, 03:02:24 by General_Henry »

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: If you were in such a situation, what would you do
« Reply #1 on: 13-02-2012, 03:02:55 »
  If you don't want to chat with me on MSN anymore just say so Henry.   If you are sick of my 2am drunk MSN chats just tell me like a man.   You don't have to act like a spineless little cunt.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-02-2012, 04:02:16 »
 I would say +1 Lainer,

But that would get me banned apparently.  Thanks for the chuckle.

On topic, there's nothing more potent than the truth. If this person is bothering you, be an adult and address your concerns to them. Maybe they don't know any better and didn't realize that they gave you problems in the first place.

In my opinion, if this person helped you out so much, the least you can do is let them know how they hurt you. If they are, or were a true friend, then be a friend back (perhaps for the last time).

My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-02-2012, 05:02:21 »
You are kidding right? What a way to be with a friend. If you consider him annoying then talk to him from man to man and explay the things you dont like that he does around you and that is nothing personal. If you had a friend for years, then its for a good reason.

Dont be an asshole.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-02-2012, 06:02:28 »
Before we all execute him in political correctness, depends if it's Internet or RL. And who it is.

Some people can really be stalkerish online, I display annoyed behavior until they get it. If they don't, alas. I'm not going to explain everything to people anymore. Let's not pretend 'adult' people who 'talk' get extra points in heaven or something.

If it's a good RL friend, difficult. Guess it depends if you yourself are fed up with him/her or not.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Biiviz

« Reply #5 on: 13-02-2012, 10:02:56 »
Just take it out on your wife.

(Or you could use the block function in MSN/facebook/etc.)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-02-2012, 18:02:00 »
I assume it is RL? I always hate it when people don't confront me, so I do the same to them. Being open about stuff like this can be painful, but trying to hide it will cause way more pain when it comes out eventually (and it alsways does, for some reason).

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-02-2012, 00:02:50 »
I'd take a micture of making myself scarce and showing/telling him that you two do not have left much in common. When it comes to material things, it is more difficult. I'd probably help him out if needed, but would still try to make myself scarce. However, sometimes people change, especially when growing up or getting ahead. It is kind of normal that friends change during life.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-02-2012, 22:02:59 »
Thank you all for your replies, this is meant to be collecting some information for "research" purposes.  :)

Yes, I'm still glad to hear that most of the FH community is mentally normal. There was someone I know of who got punched in the face, humiliated, and even threaten to be "courted" just because he annoyed one of his past (good) friends a bit online (again), that's why I wonder how normally people react to this. I feel really sad about that and can't help him a bit.

(apparently his friend is either insane or have a really bad temper)
« Last Edit: 14-02-2012, 22:02:22 by General_Henry »

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-02-2012, 01:02:58 »
There was someone I know of who got punched in the face, humiliated, and even threaten to be "courted" just because he annoyed one of his past (good) friends a bit online (again), that's why I wonder how normally people react to this. I feel really sad about that and can't help him a bit.

So..., erm..., errr..., who is who and who is considered the victim here?

You know, if you were annoying me online, being a former friend from 20 years ago, I might punch your face as well, depending on the type and quality of annoyment. From what I see, somebody annoyed others and is now being annoyed in return, making it hard to judge the whole story.

I got the impression these two former friends were really good friends enjoying to annoy each other probably even in the past. Considering that, they might still be pretty close to each other in their moods, annoying each other today. Just that they don't like each other anymore, nowadays.

Did you ever consider both to be idiots being both guilty in this? Don't stick your nose into this if it isn't your beef. Might give you less headaches.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom