Author Topic: Why don't make the KT one shot by Allied short barrel 75mm guns from the front?  (Read 7605 times)

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
Yeah, here's my question. Don't think it's vexatious. Just answer it,I'll show you guys some interesting videos 3 days later. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here's the video

http://zh.xfire.com/video/2b3325/

The most shocking news ever,now british ROQF 75mm guns one shot a Tiger from the FRONT,decrease 95% of a KT's health as well.The video shows how to do it and also shows how serious damage the KT will take.

The first thing I want to say is KT and Tiger shares the same top armor thinkness, if we already one shot a Tiger, why not KT.

The second thing is, you devs are encouraging this kind of 1 degree shot, in previous versions a 75mm gun damage half of the KT/Tiger's health with one of these shots, I already found it doesn't make sense at that time and post a thread to question about it :http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.deindex.php?topic=3158.0
Now I've seen no improvement but things get even worse, now it become an one shot kill or seriously damage.

I said it before,KT/Tiger had 40mm top armor, in order to penetrate it, 75mm guns need to shot it with an angle more than 40 degrees, if they can get into such angle, not much problem for them to shoot the engine deck.My point was, we should just leave the engine deck to be vunerable, not the turret top.Both KT and Tiger's turret top is a little bit sloped,which means that part can be hit. But if normal angle, the thinkness of that part is 40mm/sin 12 = 192 mm, a sufficient thickness to bounce most of the shells, code this part as vunerable top armor is not appropriate in BF2 engine.

The third shot in the video proves churchill now one shot Tiger from the side, even side turret, another 2.26 "improvement" for the allied.

The fourth shot, I want to see if churchill has top armor problem, but the answer is NO! The 35mm churchill top armor survive a panther shot,WTF?

It seems only panzers suffer the top armor problem,matilda,sherman's top armor are just about 20mm in history, yet they're coded as thick as the front.On the other hand, panzer iii/iv are one shot by 2 pounder if it hit the top.I mean, if devs still think current german top armor coding is reasonable, please do the same for the allied.

The last shot, churchill's frontal hull also survive a zero distance panther shot.It just lost 80% of it's health.

Every patch since 2.2 has one theme, strengthen the allied armor, when allied boys ask for one shot a panther by short 75mm guns from the side, the devs did it, it even easier to do that in 2.26. They put those "historically correct" numerical test data to prove their point.Now I also want to follow their logic and prove something

75mm guns on panther with APCBC penetrates 125+mm armor in 500m,and 111mm at 1000m,thickest part on churchill iv is 102mm, I think it should be one shot kill.

Sherman's thickest part is 76mm,it should be one shot kill by pak40 and any other more powerful gun.

Panzer IVH's hull front is 80mm,Sherman's hull front is 61mm,sometimes pak40 cannot one shot a sherman if they hit the hull front, yet it's always one shot kill when the hit IVH's, seems the german AT gun has a better performance dealing with their own tank?

Since 2prd is "correctly coded" since 2.2,I think some German guns in the desert should be correctly coded too.The 50mm/L60 has 72mm penetration in 500m,short 75mm with HEAT had similar performance too, so they are able to one shot these things(but they can't do that currently):

Side turret and side hull of Sherman ,which is 50mm to 40mm.
Hull of Valentine from all direction, the thickest part of it is 60mm.
Side hull of Matilda,65mm.

At last , I'm here just to give some constructive critisizm to the devs,to keep FH2 away from BF1942 style games,where m10 has same performance as tiger,t34/85 have same performance as chi-ha.Don't compromise too much to the whining of allied bias boys...It's alright if you think I'm crazy,I'll be an allied player and would like to one shot a tiger any way..
« Last Edit: 17-05-2010, 19:05:41 by kingtiger1891 »

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
Because it simply didnt penetrate on combat range ? Maybe on some ultrsa rare occasions or on very short range, but not in common combat.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Someone got killed by a 17 pounder in his precious Tiger II?

To answer you question: Because the US 75 mm gun penetrated 60-70 mm on armour from 500 meters.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
... And anyway penetration doesn't always mean destruction IRL. 1 shot kills are maybe already too common in FH, increasing this trend wouldn't be good at all, especially in such weird cases.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
But then again, it doesn't always have to be a full penetration IRL to cause serious damage to the crew and equipment inside the tank. :P
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
"Why don't make the KT one shot"

What the hell does that even mean?

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th

LOL!  If I could hand out rep Kelmola....
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
I get the feeling this is a cleverly disguised moan about being frontalled by a 75mm while crossing a ditch and exposing a sliver of hull top to the enemy.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
I shot a kitty once, does that count?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
I shot a kitty once, does that count?
Depends on what kind of kitty. Only when it is a Bengal Tiger or a Tiger wearing a crown or having a large number 2 on it's forehead.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
Well i killed it three times with a crusader 3 so yes you can but you need to be the luckiest man alive to get to the right possition for this and aim right and hit it once to the engine...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
No you didn't, you killed the Tiger, not the Kingtiger.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
Ow right! What a mistaka to maka

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
Well, it's

1, one shot

2, from the front....

KT or Tiger I doesn't matter too much though