Author Topic: Battlefield V  (Read 12724 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #30 on: 27-05-2018, 07:05:39 »
I read this thread before watching the trailer and thought surely it's not that bad. Well, what the fuck was that woman  ???

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27-05-2018, 17:05:07 »
Nobody talks about possible modding tools anymore eh? Love how Dice got away with it..

That is, for me, the biggest insult towards the community... People modded far more difficult games.

I think it is more to do with how they developed the Frostbite engine.  As far as I can recall, it utilizes a lot of third party plugins rather than being its own comprehensive engine.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27-05-2018, 20:05:21 »
I read this thread before watching the trailer and thought surely it's not that bad. Well, what the fuck was that woman  ???

Considering all the features they are talking about the game could be really good but they REALLY screwed up with that trailer. How did no one at DICE/EA think that putting a bunch of rambos (including a woman with prostetic arm) in a WWII environment was going to backfire horribly. Official trailer almost has 300k dislikes rofl.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28-05-2018, 01:05:05 »

But the idiots decided to make it western front only. W

Well if by western front only you mean africa and Norway, sure why not.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28-05-2018, 18:05:54 »
Poland should be there too. If they really include Bedouin or British Gurkha, that will be bold. But going full pandering mode is bad.

Regardless of that, I think the gameplay should be fun and full of random shenanigans to laugh about.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28-05-2018, 20:05:34 »
everything I hear about the gameplay makes me think that this trailer just showed the extremes of the customization. I really hope we see something more tame in the EA play reveal.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29-05-2018, 01:05:25 »
Poland should be there too. If they really include Bedouin or British Gurkha, that will be bold. But going full pandering mode is bad.

Regardless of that, I think the gameplay should be fun and full of random shenanigans to laugh about.

Maybe in the future.

I know that Rotterdam would be there at the release.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29-05-2018, 02:05:14 »

My brain is dead, being politically correct in excess is BAD. Teach her about the important role of women in WW2, that they did their job very very well with great passion. There's no need to tell her a lie, because the game is lying right now.

I feel like DICE is trying to make this political when the community just wants a fucking Battlefield game, making this controversial is good for them after all, people are talking about their female soldiers.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29-05-2018, 04:05:25 »
There is no problem of having female soldiers in Battlefield, but this game's historical setting and genre (first person shooter) does not lend itself well for the inclusion of playable female characters in combat roles unless you have a gamemode of partisans vs regular troops or have the faction specific Soviet women snipers/pilots.

The only reason I do not like their approach for this game is the fact that they have the resources and technology to make a great and authentic WW2 sandbox, but they choose to go the fantasy route with these character customization, mixed equipment, etc.  There is SO MUCH that you can mine from WW2 to make interesting and new experiences without having to resort to fantasy!

Also, I am all for equality, but how narcissistic do you have to be to be unable to play as a character that does not look like you or is the same gender as you?  So what if a female gamer can only play as male soldiers in a shooter based in a historical time period?  I have no problem getting into games that feature female protagonists as a male...fight the battle of inclusion and equality where it is appropriate.  There are plenty of modern-day and sci-fi genre games and shooters that are entirely appropriate to feature women, people of color, etc in a prominent way that is deserving of their inclusion!

What would have been an interesting approach for Battlefield V where they could have featured all of the things they wanted to was to make it a spiritual successor to DICE's first battlefield-like game, Codename Eagle.  That was like a steam-punk ww1/ww2 mix fantasy setting which would be entirely appropriate for them to include all the things that they showed in the first BFV trailer!
« Last Edit: 29-05-2018, 04:05:20 by Wilhelm »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 29-05-2018, 14:05:58 »
It is called whitewashing the history. At least Mafia III went on full post-Jim Crow's 1960s racist mode. They don't censor calling our character "jig" and trigger violence when we enter "no coloured allowed" places. It is historical accuracy.

But when you include women and minorities in WW2 games, where they were never existed just to make all of us feel good, it is called white washing. The past is sexist and racist, we get it. But faking it is not the solution. We should tell people as how the reality was: world war 2 made us aware and realise that we need women more than we imagined, and racism can be very very very destructive.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29-05-2018, 14:05:40 »

Jesus how stupid are these kinds of people. He should tell his daughter she can't make a female character in a WWII game because historically in that conflict they did not participate in combat (bar a few exceptions) but served other roles instead, which is just how the history is and a lot has changed since then. His argument is retarded.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2018, 15:05:12 by Sander93 »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29-05-2018, 15:05:29 »
If what he wanted was to include female soldiers in Battlefield V for that reason, then they could have done historical justice to women who did indeed fight in combat, like Soviet women's units, Polish female partisans, or female auxiliaries in the German army at war's end.  But he, and they, don't actually care about history, or about respecting those women who fought and died in the Second World War.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29-05-2018, 16:05:05 »
I have to wonder at which point games started being about politics and "getting out the message" first and authenticity, story and general fun second.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 29-05-2018, 16:05:10 »
If the standard is like BF1 Im def gonna buy this. cant wait :-)

This is the only ww2 arcade shooter game comming out this year that looks fantastic uber awesome.
The other ww2 fps games looks like 5% FH2 in a little better GFX engine.
I really dont get the PS & HLL hype. But maybe that is just Me :-)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29-05-2018, 23:05:09 »
Then if he is on the right side of history, by including strong women with iron arms killing nazis in early WW2, then what is Battlefield 1942?, no women is included in the game, does that mean the BF 1942 developers were all anti-women and that all of them were part of a far-right movement?, no... neither were Doom developers having a male main character being super strong...

I never felt the urge to have a male Lara Croft, or a male Jill Valentine in RE games, BFV is a fictional, very fictional game about a historical conflict.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if they deleted the name of Hitler from their game and gave the Germans black soldiers, which would make the Nazis look as a tolerable kind of people...