Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 187116 times)

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #1335 on: 04-05-2012, 19:05:05 »
The Avengers 9/10

The ultimate superhero ensemble movie, imo. Can't see how this can be bettered, except by Joss Whedon doing a sequel. I absolutely loved it. :)

Good balance between the different characters and everybody gets their turn to shine. The action is impressive, realistic (people get hurt) but still comic-book. On the verge of over-the-top but still "believable" within the story and the movie's universe (take note Michael Bay, this is how you do blockbusting right!). Good humor too, but again, character specific. For example, you won't hear Cpt. America trade witty one-liners with the rest of the team cuz he's not that type of guy.

FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: 04-05-2012, 20:05:25 »
Am I the only one who thinks 3D is useless crap?
Nope, i don't like it as well.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: 05-05-2012, 12:05:30 »
Am I the only one who thinks 3D is overpriced crap?

Corrected

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: 05-05-2012, 12:05:22 »
Am I the only one who thinks 3D is useless crap?
Nope, i don't like it as well.

3D is simply a technique everybody else besides James Cameron has trouble with using correctly, apparently. If it works, it works. In the case of the Avengers I probably could've done without the 3D, but to be honest I didn't notice my glasses after a while so it must've done something right.

But they really should stop the extra admission fee. That's just silly, especially considering what you get (only 1 out of 10 movies is actually worth it).

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: 05-05-2012, 14:05:40 »
Yes, and here it costs almost twice as much. 2D usually 6 €, 3D often 10 - 12 €. I liked the 3D when i watched Transformers 3 for example. I usually avoid 3D though.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: 05-05-2012, 16:05:20 »
I only watch 3D in random. I just come to the ticket booth and mention the name of the movie. "Toy Story 3," when the guy asks "3D or regular?" I just reply, "which one is less full?"

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: 06-05-2012, 11:05:33 »
Just seen 'Red Tails'. It's bad, real bad. Corny dialogue, thin plot, historical inaccuracies on multiple levels, tinny sound effects (.50 cals sound like stones rattling in a can), two dimensional characters, the list goes on. Suffice to say that you lot will tear this movie apart if you can stomach watching it the whole way through. 'The Tuskegee Airmen' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114745/) is far and away a better movie then this. The real Tuskegee Airmen deserve better.
« Last Edit: 06-05-2012, 11:05:29 by LtJimmy »

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 06-05-2012, 13:05:58 »
Just seen 'Red Tails'. It's bad, real bad.

Damn, really? I kinda had some high hopes for this. Not just because of its subject but also because, despite the drama that was the prequel trilogy, I always thought Lucas does have some director-like qualities in him. But alas...

Where did you see it btw? I heard even Lucas had troubles getting a cinema release for a movie with  an all black cast.

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: 06-05-2012, 13:05:26 »
Where did you see it btw? I heard even Lucas had troubles getting a cinema release for a movie with  an all black cast.
*taps nose* ;)

Offline Wasntmenl

• FHT Mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: 06-05-2012, 13:05:07 »
Guys I just went to Bosnia and learned a lot about the war that was fought over there. Now my question is to you guys: Do you know any good documentaries etc regarding the war?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: 06-05-2012, 13:05:46 »
Guys I just went to Bosnia and learned a lot about the war that was fought over there. Now my question is to you guys: Do you know any good documentaries etc regarding the war?
Here's a thread for documentaries:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=2210.0
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1346 on: 06-05-2012, 15:05:38 »
Die Hard
- Still got it.

8 out of 10

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: 06-05-2012, 17:05:50 »

Whatever you do, ignore Angelina Jolie's Land Of Milk & Honey, horrible movie. Well, then again, I hate people telling not to go see a movie, so yeah, give it a try. I liked her dedication but a good director/writer she is not (yet). But since there aren't many big scale movies that are set in that period, it has at least the novelty factor going for it.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: 06-05-2012, 17:05:38 »
The Avengers 9/10

The ultimate superhero ensemble movie, imo. Can't see how this can be bettered, except by Joss Whedon doing a sequel. I absolutely loved it. :)

Good balance between the different characters and everybody gets their turn to shine. The action is impressive, realistic (people get hurt) but still comic-book. On the verge of over-the-top but still "believable" within the story and the movie's universe (take note Michael Bay, this is how you do blockbusting right!). Good humor too, but again, character specific. For example, you won't hear Cpt. America trade witty one-liners with the rest of the team cuz he's not that type of guy.

Yes absolutely.

Watched The Avengers (2012) by Joss Whedon just tonight.

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Cobie Smulders,Chris Hemsworth, and else

The movie wasted USD 220 million, 20 million more than the failed Battleship (2012), but only after 3 days in Indonesia and more than two weeks elsewhere, it returned twice. Should speak for itself. It outgrossed The Hunger Games (2012).

I'd say this: the best superhero movie so far. Spider-man series is easily surpassed. I prefer this one, less emo moments, more awesome action, jaw breaking, skull smashing, and not enough funny jokes cracked.

I gave it an awesome 9/10, I love it, except the Acura commercials. You don't shoot that logo and 2012 RCX marque for more than 2 seconds for not seeming too obvious. I love Acura cars, but not how they forced Captain America and Hawkeye to slowly pass the SUV's rear side.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: 08-05-2012, 09:05:14 »
I'd say this: the best superhero movie so far. Spider-man series is easily surpassed. I prefer this one, less emo moments, more awesome action, jaw breaking, skull smashing, and not enough funny jokes cracked.

Hmmm being better than the Spiderman series isn't hard in my book, they were fairly bland imho.
How would you say does it compare to "The Dark Knight", which for me is the best comic adaptation ever. Hands down!

I'm so psyched about "The Dark Knight Rises"!
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off