Author Topic: Vehicle/weapon waiting ethics - a poll  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
Re: Vehicle/weapon waiting ethics - a poll
« Reply #15 on: 11-04-2010, 15:04:24 »
I don't wait for vehicles, waste of time. If theres no vehicle, bad luck, I'll walk.
This, unless its a flag in NA in the middle of nowhere, but then again there's never lines for kubels anyways. Overall there just isn't a big enough difference between tanks to make it worth waiting 5 minutes for a specific one. Planes are a bit more understandable but I'm not a pilot.

For the people who are waiting I guess I'd say B, though. Or at least smashing "E" is okay, it's still nice to give the vehicle to whoever was there first.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11-04-2010, 15:04:51 »
I don't wait for tanks. Waiting on tanks is for chums. Fight you shall! ;)
Apart from the couple of guys who really know how to make a difference in a particular tank I find it hella annoying that you try to play a good team game and you constantly see half your team in main waiting to fullfill their personal fetish.

More inf. oriented myself but if I spawn in a base with a tank I'll take it. Earlier I didn't give a F what kind of tank, but now that I've dug a little deeper into the different models and classes in FH I try to take the best one that's available (for what I'm about to do at that moment).
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-04-2010, 17:04:22 »
I take what I can get. If there are no vehicle's I don't get one.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11-04-2010, 17:04:07 »
If its Aberdeen, Villers, Totalize or some other maps with a shitload of tanks, and i spawn at the tank-yard, and theres no tanks there i wait, but in a map with few tanks i never bother.   Some maps, like Aberdeen, i would say you need a tank. You can run for 5 minutes and get shot, or take a rambo-kubel assault, who when i drive at least, fail 90% of the time.

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #19 on: 11-04-2010, 17:04:54 »
Exactly. I'm not much of a waiter myself, but once I set my mind to 'driving around tanks and shooting stuff' I really dont mind waiting. Especially if in the end, I do usefull stuff for the team.

The number of times I've sat still in a bush for 30 minutes just letting my squad spawn trying to get some impossible flag....cannot count that anymore. I don't mind really, as long as the team benefits.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11-04-2010, 18:04:34 »
I don't wait for vehicles, waste of time. If theres no vehicle, bad luck, I'll walk.

Same here, except maybe if its a marder but thats another story

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11-04-2010, 18:04:43 »
I'm a C, I guess.  nobody takes my goddamn jeep.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11-04-2010, 19:04:57 »
I didnt really understand C. How is it different from B ? What else can you do than stand in the right place and desperately push E ?  Or did C include TK others who want the tank ?

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11-04-2010, 20:04:44 »
Only noobs spam e, pros hold it down and stand right where it spawns 8)
This.

I just to be A until the server Admin's said all's fair in love and war.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #24 on: 11-04-2010, 20:04:35 »
I didnt really understand C. How is it different from B ? What else can you do than stand in the right place and desperately push E ?  Or did C include TK others who want the tank ?

The 'C' Type of people think they actually own the tank, and that hence everyone else should p*ss off. This might result in swearing, annoying and general annoying behavior.

In contrast, someone who is from the 'B' philosophy does not care too much if he 'loses' the tank-spawn. He just walks to another one and repeats his actions. The 'C' type will do anything to get 'his' tank back (including counting the seconds, pushing others away, NO! voice calling, typing etc etc).

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-04-2010, 20:04:48 »
I'm a C, I guess.  nobody takes my goddamn jeep.
Jeep FTW!  ;D
Me, I guess if I really wanted that vehicle it would be A. Although I rarely take vehicles, especially tanks...airplanes only if there are very few people on the map and just feeling like screwing around (before the real game starts), so generally I only take light transport vehicles, which there isn't much of a fight for.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #26 on: 11-04-2010, 20:04:24 »
Waiting for vehicles is so 2002

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-04-2010, 22:04:13 »
I always take the weak tanks i like a challenge. Like taking a daimler and kill all the pz3's with assshots :)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11-04-2010, 22:04:19 »
I always take the weak tanks i like a challenge. Like taking a daimler and kill all the pz3's with assshots :)

Haha, yes, just ninja them in the flank, i once ran across 4! German panzers that way, killed them all because they where to busy camping the front line :D

Offline Saegetier

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12-04-2010, 02:04:32 »
A mix of A and B

If I died as a Gunner, because my Tank driver was too stupid, I make my E-Button burn.

If I don't know the others before me, I am polite and wait.