Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306008 times)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #6600 on: 18-01-2017, 17:01:29 »
Why should I? As far as I remember, members like Jan, TheTao, and others made many posts in their few months.

Just do as I do, i.e. make no more then a dozen posts within the next five years, and your sins will be forgiven, my son.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: 18-01-2017, 18:01:58 »
Why should I? As far as I remember, members like Jan, TheTao, and others made many posts in their few months.

Just do as I do, i.e. make no more then a dozen posts within the next five years, and your sins will be forgiven, my son.
Hmmm. I will make this arangement: I will not create new topics or post in topics where I have not already posted. ;)
« Last Edit: 18-01-2017, 18:01:38 by FHMax3 »
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: 18-01-2017, 19:01:28 »
So, I got offered a 12,8cm Flak shell, complete minus the explosives in good condition. I would look great with the rest of my Flak collection but now I have the problem that i have no idea on what I should offer for it, anyone here have a clue?

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: 18-01-2017, 21:01:56 »
So, I got offered a 12,8cm Flak shell, complete minus the explosives in good condition. I would look great with the rest of my Flak collection but now I have the problem that i have no idea on what I should offer for it, anyone here have a clue?
How can one store live shells? Or you just have a cannon in your neighborhood AA battery? ;D

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: 19-01-2017, 15:01:03 »
He said that he didn't have the explosive (charge / gunpowder) in it. So, everything is safe, except the heavy projectile.

Just google the commodity price for nickels, steel, etc. And offer the guy extra sum for his effort on recovering that piece.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: 19-01-2017, 17:01:09 »
He said that he didn't have the explosive (charge / gunpowder) in it. So, everything is safe, except the heavy projectile.

Just google the commodity price for nickels, steel, etc. And offer the guy extra sum for his effort on recovering that piece.

The problem is that it is a rare shell, It has a collector value in other words that is bigger then the value of the materials. and you find almost nothing about it online.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: 19-01-2017, 17:01:33 »

The problem is that it is a rare shell, It has a collector value in other words that is bigger then the value of the materials. and you find almost nothing about it online.
Take it
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: 19-01-2017, 17:01:23 »
Can't you just ask what he/she wants for it?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: 19-01-2017, 18:01:19 »
Can't you just ask what he/she wants for it?

Do you know what happens when you ask a salesman how much he wants for it? I hate the whole haggling thing.

Maybe somebody here has more luck then me on google and can find an old post somewhere of somebody selling one. Hell, maybe you can find a picture of one, i dont even know how it looks.

Offline 2Cool2Fool

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: 19-01-2017, 19:01:24 »
There's someone selling one on egun (a german guns and militaria auction site), though seperately.

He's charging 100€ for the shell and 350€ for the complete projectile without explosives.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6279077
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6229607

Though the condition isn't the best

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: 19-01-2017, 20:01:00 »
There's someone selling one on egun (a german guns and militaria auction site), though seperately.

He's charging 100€ for the shell and 350€ for the complete projectile without explosives.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6279077
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6229607

Though the condition isn't the best
Well, 12.8 cm shells are rare, so it is best take it right now. About the condition, I don't know.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: 19-01-2017, 20:01:34 »
Do you know what happens when you ask a salesman how much he wants for it? I hate the whole haggling thing.
Since you can't seem to find a price, the only options are asking or gambling a bid. Try something low-medium and see what happens.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: 19-01-2017, 21:01:38 »
So "siben" is offered a half shell? What does mean without explosive-only the "head" or the whole thing without any propellant? Also I have seen that some shells are devided by two before they are put in the gun"s breech-why?

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: 19-01-2017, 22:01:02 »

In is a Fuse (worth 50 euro) a projectile with mostly original paint (worth ???) a steel casing, rusty but cleaned, preserved and solid. and an empty powder bag. Everything is treated and conserved, comes from Norway, probably the army found some in a warehouse and sold them to a dealer. Norway is exporting a lot German ordinance these days in good condition. I already have a 88mm Flak 18 from there. Thinking of also getting a Flak 41.

Anyway, pricewise, €500? honestly don't know.

For egun you need to watch finished auctions, the last 10 minutes the prices always fly up. Also people realy overpay there.

Dancho, they make the shell into 2 pieces because i believe the full weight is like 43 kilo. try lifting one of those all day long if they make it into 2 pieces its a lot simpler. Live shells are simply to dangerous to have. They always remove the propellant and explosing. Also, i dont want like 5kg of high explosives in my house, that is a really big bomb you know.

2cool2fool, thanks, pricy indeed.
« Last Edit: 19-01-2017, 22:01:51 by siben »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: 20-01-2017, 15:01:03 »
So, EUR 350 is your target then? Start at EUR 300, and let him gouge up a bit (usually 100 on top of that), until you settle at EUR 350. Everything will be mooooiii.

I've seen Western Europeans bargain, it is like a monastery compared to ours down here. Two sentences exchanged, deal is done. We need a couple of hundreds to hurt a feeling first, before come to an agreement.