Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180116 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #390 on: 03-01-2010, 08:01:52 »
All i see from Borat is comedic sarcasm at issues like you said above: racism. Other than that i see that on homophobic, patriotism (remember when he sang the anthem?), and forgot the rest.

It is hilariously funny. I must see "Bruno". "I want to be the next famous Austrian after Adolf Hitler!", too right mate.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 03-01-2010, 09:01:59 »
Naked wrestling is part of the comedic shock value. They both got arrested for that I believe.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 03-01-2010, 20:01:58 »
Just saw Avatar. A movie about the evils of corporatism, made with enough money to feed Africa through the next decade.
Other than that it was great entertainment, made with ground breaking technology. Luckily it used it more like the original Star Wars to create fascinating and interesting worlds and not like Transformers, whcih used it to make a lot of noise and to fast cuts to see who his beating who atm.
I would have wished for the movie to be less "clear cut" in portraying the moral choice the hero makes. The natives were just too perfect and human to be believable.
Also: Am I the only one who is creeped out by him fucking a freaking ALIEN? I mean for christs sake that is not much better than screwing an ape, sure their intelligent but... yuck.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 03-01-2010, 20:01:02 »
Xenophobe, boo!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 03-01-2010, 20:01:15 »
lol
Reminds me of Terry Pratchett: Specisist! Vitalist!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 03-01-2010, 21:01:25 »
I'm serious, you'll hang for that!

Additionally, I watched The Life of Brian few days ago. Maybe not as good as The Holy Grail but still one of the best comedy films ever created. Graham Chapman as Brian was absolutely brilliant, as always.

4/5
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #396 on: 03-01-2010, 21:01:38 »

Additionally, I watched The Life of Brian few days ago. Maybe not as good as The Holy Grail but still one of the best comedy films ever created. Graham Chapman as Brian was absolutely brilliant, as always.

4/5

my parents are philistines. they both fell asleep during it. they didn't find it funny at all.

norway has no sense of humor

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #397 on: 03-01-2010, 21:01:37 »
Was in a Chaplin mood so..

Modern Times 9/10

Such a classic, genius movie  ;D Everything is there, sad parts, funny parts, happy parts. Genius 'stunts' by Chaplin, must see!

The Great Dictator 7/10

I wanted to see this one because it was anti-Hitler and I must say that Charles quite got a view on how life would be in the occupation, ofcourse the serious parts are deep to seek. Not as super comedic like most of his movies but worth a watch, well out thought story. The World War 1 intro is a genius part, I wont spoil the story  :P

4/5
What? Not as good as the Holy Grail?
Sorry dear sir but Life of Brian is a way better movie then the Holy Grail. It actually has a story, which the Holy Grail doesn't really have. If you are looking for sketches, yes then it's the holy grail but for a movie then Brian is much, much better.

I'm personally not that charmed by Avatar, looks like a Furries movie if hes fucking an alien :-\
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 03-01-2010, 21:01:38 »
Im not going to bother seeing avatar. :|

Saving Private Ryan, watched it last night/this morning. DONT KILL ME  >:(
Even if it is historically inaccurate it still was a good movie, I always like the beach landings. 4.5/5 for being a good movie.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 05-01-2010, 07:01:13 »
The Matrix and sequels.

10/10

Don't like it, then kill yourself.

but in all honesty they were great movies

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 05-01-2010, 09:01:22 »
Matrix 1 - For me the only one that exists 8/10
Matrix 2 - Nice effects... Storyline gets carried away 6/10
Matrix 3 - Going, going, gone.... 2/10... Like Terminator 2, the Matrix shoulld have ended when it was still ahead - I begun to hate the characters from Neo, to Trinity to Morpheus

Life of Brian - SOME funny bits, buts its kinda embarrasing to watch tbh... they try too hard in some places. Haven't seen the Holy Grail in over 15 years so not sure... Still recall the killer-rabbit though

Gotta love Monty Python

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 05-01-2010, 09:01:59 »
"You may call me Tim...the Enchanter"  ::)

Of course, The rabbit made me crack up. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch was even funnier

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 05-01-2010, 15:01:02 »
Matrix 1 :         5/10
Matrix 2 :         1/10
Matrix 3 :         0/10       
                                          Sorry to be that critical to the film you like, but the Matrix trilogy is the worst waste of money ive ever seen. The story is just a mess of unrealistic action and bad ideas, everything with the excuse that the matrix can be bended. Its also a complete copy of Johnny Mnemonic,  Akira and Ghost in the Shell. Aswell as much from Terminator. Theyve even stolen the intro to Ghost in the Shell, aswell as many scenes are directly copied.
    The "war" against the machines is ridiculous. Both the humans and machines use meaningless stupid "tactics". But they dont really care either, before the final fight of humankind the humans just party instead of preparing. But i guess they knew it was no point fighting, since they have built combat-robots the driver hang outside so anyone can kill him with a simple hand gun. But the machines dont really attack either, they just fly around in weird patterns, so the humans have good time to kill everyone before they finally attack.
    The main persons i also hate. They think more about beeing cool in shiny leather outfits, than having real camuflage. Their haircuts are way to cool. I even dislike their names,  Cypher, Neo, Trinity...   bleh.
    The main idea is stupid aswell. To tap electrical power from living creatures must be the least effective way of getting energy. And if you first decide to use living creatures, the electrical eel would be alot better, or at least just cows or some simple minded creatures who dont need a huge brain-matrix to be pacified, and have more body mass and electricity too.
    Thankfully its ages since i saw it, orelse i could fill up page after page of stupid scenes if i remembered them.

On the other hand, Life of Brian is awesome. I would give it ... hmm... 8/10

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #403 on: 05-01-2010, 16:01:17 »
Transformers 2 watched it last night...  8/10

I acctually lulz'd, seriously, I lulz'd at the screen when that kid tasered himself, it seemed like one of those bits of footage that happened by accident but they kept it in.  lulz.

Story was, meh, I do like references though and the film has lots of small ones, and not just references to Transformers the cartoon of yore, some sinister ones, like bumble bee using a tekken finishing move (Bruce Lee character, hold arms and knee to the chest).  Optimus Prime steals the show despite only being in half of it, he's the ever wise monomyth that many of us remember from childhood. There are numerous references to 9/11 which should be overlooked.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 05-01-2010, 16:01:37 »
One person that agrees with me...

Loved that one - With a light plot like that, you can't really go wrong with making a sequal like they did - Its not better, neccesarily, but it gets cooler

And for us who grew up on such cartoons, it certainly does us proud