Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 179835 times)

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #405 on: 05-01-2010, 16:01:48 »
Both transformer movies: 0/10.

The sheer awfulness that is the film making for those movies is evident. gross.

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #406 on: 05-01-2010, 17:01:44 »
Matrix 1 :         5/10
Matrix 2 :         1/10
Matrix 3 :         0/10       
                                          Sorry to be that critical to the film you like, but the Matrix trilogy is the worst waste of money ive ever seen. The story is just a mess of unrealistic action and bad ideas, everything with the excuse that ...........0

I certainly thought it was a load of codswallop when I saw the first one, soon as that Trinity jumped up the wall to evade the police I thought "ach shaite what's this bull!" and turned it off.

But when I gathered that the story was about Gnostism I lent the 3 from a mates collection and watched them again. I was reading about Gnosticm at the time and yeah, the films were a lot more understandable and enjoyable when I knew what the story's were mirroring.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/religion/blrel_matrix_gnos.htm

LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 05-01-2010, 17:01:54 »
I was then a Christian, when I watched The Matrix and I sort of gathered that.... Actually created a good analogy at the time, but a leacturer of mine some years later, an atheist, used it for the exact opposite reasons.. to demonstrate exiting the constraints of belief and the status quo it creates... I don't think a stupid movie can have that effect

And like movies such as Avatar, Gladiator and the Lord of the Ring, everything is well-timed to emphasize the metaphor or deeper lesson

Can't hate such movies... They actually add to me - Matrix just did it with action and the concept of Destiny versus Choice... And I bow to the plot designer for being able to marry the two.. Although, I now think Keanu Reeves was a shite choice... for any lead character after 1996

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #408 on: 05-01-2010, 17:01:29 »
Now I almost want to start a shiny new flame proof thread for anyone who dare utter "I was a Christian". Implying you had a fall from grace? A loss of faith?

I was born as Catholic, adopted as a child and baptised as Church of England (Christian) regardless of the imposing values of my peers I have always seen the universe as a cycle, filled with incomprehensible  circumstantial events which could not have occurred out without intervention, and not necessarily from a 'loving god', but intervention through curiosity perhaps.  Never the less I am without faith in higher powers, yet I feel some sense of loss because I do not wish the precious gift of my own life to be limited to simply 'one life'.

Anyway, Babe 2 pig in the City 7/10
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 05-01-2010, 17:01:55 »
Never watched Babe 2, a have a phobia of sequels, especially for movies I felt could have ended as a happy single and not another franchise - But like I said, haven't seen it, can't judge it

'Was a Chrsitian' isn't my saying fall from grace, just a change of perspective - I found my lecturer's point of view ironic since I only appreciated it once I was no longer a Chrsitian - '

Its not something [anyone] can tell you, you have to see it for yourself'... Funny how that can fit both ways :-)

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 05-01-2010, 18:01:02 »

And for us who grew up on such cartoons, it certainly does us proud

Maybe, that they made the movies in the first place. Ive only seen Transformers 1, and there i was alittle disappointed that they have changed the characters too much. But i guess it was no way around, since it also have to sell to the nowadays kids. It would have been alittle stupid if they were cars from the 80's, but i still think its changed too much.

Talking more about Matrix i would say the comparing to gnostism sounds wrong. I have very little clue about gnostism, but i read the link from Captain_C, and i think it sounds like a coincident. Alot of movies would be gnostic then imo. From that description it also sounds like scientology imo. Or like any other movie about a supernatural hero saving people from entrapment. I think Neo seems strongly influenced by Tetsou (?) from Akira, except hes good and not evil. He do many of the exactly same things in the exact same scenes. Its many paralells to gnostism i guess, aswell as other religions. But i really doubt it was deliberate from the makers. Even if it is, it wont change my opinion. Maybe it would if i was a gnostic. People easely see paralells to their ideas in everything. I just deny to accept that the makers of Matrix had any deeper meaning behind it. Without knowing much about gnostism, i think the rest of the movie is so simple and commercial, to have any room for more profound ideas, regardless of what they should be. Once i remember i read one who claimed Alien was an antifeminist movie filled with sexual symbols, like alien itself was a phallus symbol and similar stuff. Insane :P  (the last example i said for fun, the matrix/gnostic - idea is alot more reasonable than this of course  :) )

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #411 on: 10-01-2010, 15:01:55 »
Rio Bravo
- The duo consisting of John Wayne and Dean Martin is just plain awesome

Offline Schultz

• I seh nix, I hör nix, I weis nix
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 10-01-2010, 15:01:05 »
I saw Phantasm 1-4 last night. I cant realy review the movies. because my english is not good enough to explain all. but what i can say is, that these movies are good old fashioned horror movies. with creepy ambience, excellent music and interesting characters, especially the tall man ;) i like the old classic horror movies.

10/10
« Last Edit: 10-01-2010, 15:01:58 by Schultz »
InGame: Evil_Tr00per

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 11-01-2010, 03:01:35 »
All Quiet on the Western Front, 1979 version.

Epic, Thoughtful, Depressing.  Three things that make a great film.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 11-01-2010, 04:01:46 »
Errr... what?  If you're attempting to point out the older version, yes, I've seen that too.  I prefer the newer version.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 11-01-2010, 04:01:56 »
Rio Bravo
- The duo consisting of John Wayne and Dean Martin is just plain awesome

Great movie

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 11-01-2010, 13:01:19 »
seen 2 films last 2 nights, both went on tv. Seen them both countless times though.

Pulp Fiction
Do I need to say anything, great film. Tarantino does manage to bind together all stories in a quite exciting way. Though this time I did notice several similarities with his previous Reservoir Dogs.
Nevertheless, great film.

8.5/10

Platoon (or The Platoon?)
The famous vietnam film about Chris Taylor and his platoon. I'm sure you all know it so I won't bother explaining anything about it. This is one of my favourite war-films ever I think.

9/10
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #418 on: 11-01-2010, 13:01:09 »
Inglorious Basterds
------------------

WTF, Tarrantino has lost it.  Yeah there is a story in there somewhere but it's the same as Kill Bill, a tale of meandering revenge.  Fucking sort it out, perhaps pull your head out your fucking arse you over-rated pretencious fuck.

3/10.  And that is only because Christoph Waltz plays Hanz Landa as such a good character.  All others FAIL!>
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #419 on: 11-01-2010, 13:01:00 »
I felt the same way after I came out of the cinema, von small.

But after have seen it on dvd a few months later I gotta say it's getting better then my first reaction.'

But still, ye. Tarantino's weakest link if you look at the four previous hits (Reservoir/Pulp/Jackie/KB).

Waltz was the fucking bomb though.