Author Topic: No Man's Land News: Succesfull smoke.  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Chariot

• Rememberer of the unremembered
    • View Profile
Re: No Man's Land News: Succesfull smoke.
« Reply #30 on: 21-08-2010, 13:08:42 »
Tanks wern't to common in the first world war so not too many people would get the chance to drive them in the first place making this conversation completely void
« Last Edit: Today at 18:07:17 by Chariot »
Also known as HMS Campbeltown

Anyone who supports the UN is a closet totalitarian and most likely supports a one world government which will enslave us all.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21-08-2010, 13:08:07 »
It's not like one rifleman could kill it. In any sensible time anyway. It would take a whole bunch of Germans with AP ammo, just like in real life. (At least I hope so :p )

Well if the smoke kills, then the Germans will just spam them.
Just like the British white phosphorous smoke grenade is being spammed against infantry all the time in FH2?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21-08-2010, 14:08:32 »
AP ammo? Does it mean we will get 5 rounds of SMK AP rifle ammo, per infantry man?  :o
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21-08-2010, 14:08:45 »
It's not like one rifleman could kill it. In any sensible time anyway. It would take a whole bunch of Germans with AP ammo, just like in real life. (At least I hope so :p )

Just like the British white phosphorous smoke grenade is being spammed against infantry all the time in FH2?
Yep :)

Offline Arc9

• nmlforums.low-ping.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21-08-2010, 15:08:03 »
Tanks wern't to common in the first world war so not too many people would get the chance to drive them in the first place making this conversation completely void
As I said, there won't be too many tanks on a team. This promotes teamwork seeing as people will man the machine guns and such and try to protect the few tanks they have, not to mention a tank makes good cover which means some infantry will stick together even if they don't want to.
One of the biggest problems with fh2 is people are so obsessed with tank whoring that there's not enough infantry to do anything properly and all the tanks do is go on their own little adventure to kill everything they can before being blown up. There's not a lot of teamwork going on in the infantry, at most they just stay relatively close to the squad leader. Spawn waves only made everything worse. If anything, your argument is completely void.
« Last Edit: 21-08-2010, 15:08:12 by Arc9 »
Derp

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21-08-2010, 16:08:03 »
what about making the tank necsesary to capture the flag? wich means you Have to protect it?

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21-08-2010, 17:08:11 »
Nice update! Thumbs up!

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22-08-2010, 21:08:39 »

Already tanked to Mudra about this, apparently thw Whippet could be pierced anything more powerful than a pistol, and that flamethrowers could roast the people inside.  No special ammunition required.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22-08-2010, 23:08:22 »
Idk if people would like playing with tanks that can be killed by rifle fire :/
Don't get me wrong I like shitty tanks I'm the guy who uses the vickers in FH2, but idk that thing really sounds like a piece of shit.

But tbh whats the fun of using a tank that gets killed by everything? Wouldn't most players just huff it out on foot?
Feeling of actually doing something useful with it one day? ::) but most ppl will go by foot instead yes  :P
lol brave souls!
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945