Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 0.7  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Forgotten Hope 0.7
« on: 28-08-2011, 01:08:17 »
A quick question. Are anyone playing the classic Forgotten Hope for 1942? Any populated servers? Is it worth finding my old BF42 CD to install it, or is it dead? I sure miss the good ol' times with 42. I want to feel like I am 13 years old again.   :'(

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline M00SE

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 0.7
« Reply #1 on: 28-08-2011, 02:08:19 »
I think there is still a little activity going on at the TDP and Pixel Fighters servers. Not totally sure though cus I was just ear wigging on someone elses conversation the other day :)

I sold my BF1942 on Fleabay a few years ago, I never even installed it. I bought RO and BF at the same time incase one of them was poop. I installed RO and BF never got a look in.

Grrrrr.......  I'm regretting it now  ::)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-08-2011, 11:08:40 »
Pixel Fighter is still active, they are in fact working on a Forgotten Hope Complete mod which will totally revamp our good old FH1 experience with new maps, mechanics, vehicles and more!

They also hosted summer events running custom maps, and the organized events are supposed to make a comeback in the fall...
« Last Edit: 28-08-2011, 11:08:18 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-08-2011, 01:08:40 »
Well, seems like I'm gonna look after my BF42 CD tomorrow, then  8)

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-08-2011, 11:08:30 »
I still got my FH0.7 + Mappack 6 and FHSW installed on my computer but haven't play it for a long time now. Would be nice to see some FH1 event/game night someday :D

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-08-2011, 15:08:38 »
Pixel Fighter is still active, they are in fact working on a Forgotten Hope Complete mod which will totally revamp our good old FH1 experience with new maps, mechanics, vehicles and more!

They also hosted summer events running custom maps, and the organized events are supposed to make a comeback in the fall...

My honest opinion, most of their maps and moddings SUCK.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-08-2011, 16:08:05 »

Well some maps are good, some are horribly unbalanced, and most aren't really historically accurate... But they're still nice and fun at times...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-08-2011, 18:08:00 »

This was my lat experience as well. Of course, that was years ago, pre FH2.0, so maybe they have learned in the meantime. But back then their modding seemed to be about adding stg44's and king tigers to all levels...

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-08-2011, 22:08:12 »
I tried it some months ago, was still some 20-30 players online. However everything was so much uglier than I remember it  ;D