Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29369 times)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #240 on: 12-08-2013, 19:08:53 »
Ah, that's something new to me... So you implemented anglemod to specific vehicles. If yes, can sb enlighten me what was the reason of implementing this anglemod to APCs, trucks when they should be destroyed by everything from every angle with 1 shot?  ???
I think it's because the angle mod prevents vehicles from taking damage from the terrain. However, most APCs and trucks only have anglemod 0.1 enabled, so you will only really notice a difference if you hit at an angle very close to 0. Then again, I'm not a coder, I don't know how the anglemod works, I can only repeat what little I think I remember from what I've read on the forum.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 12-08-2013, 20:08:11 »
Ah, that's something new to me... So you implemented anglemod to specific vehicles. If yes, can sb enlighten me what was the reason of implementing this anglemod to APCs, trucks when they should be destroyed by everything from every angle with 1 shot?  ???
I think it's because the angle mod prevents vehicles from taking damage from the terrain. However, most APCs and trucks only have anglemod 0.1 enabled, so you will only really notice a difference if you hit at an angle very close to 0. Then again, I'm not a coder, I don't know how the anglemod works, I can only repeat what little I think I remember from what I've read on the forum.

So there must be other issue causing APCs, trucks surviving tank shots...

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 12-08-2013, 20:08:26 »
Gavrant made alot of changes to current maps, that will make them a bit more balanced and enjoyable for both teams for the next version. These changes are a result of communication and discussions between betatesters and devs to find the best solutions. Maybe Gavrant can give some further information, as I don't know what I am allowed to tell or not.
Most of the map balancing belongs to Natty, not me. As for my contribution, it's usually cosmetics and fixes for known bugs. And I doubt that news such as the buggy PHL road being finally fixed will spark major celebrations across the globe :)

if beta testers' opinions would really matter it probably would be removed in the next internal update after the one it was introduced in.
Jan, Jan, Jan...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 12-08-2013, 21:08:17 »

So there must be other issue causing APCs, trucks surviving tank shots...

Jeeps and APC's are fast moving vehicles so the shots only kinda brush them. But that's not the frustrating part for me personaly as those vehicles can't fire back. When you sit in your PaK 40 and fire into a Sherman side, then the world looks totaly different.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #244 on: 12-08-2013, 22:08:48 »
Just to clarify what happened (there was no movement involved, 5hitm4k3r :) ):
This is the situation, just imagine me being a PzIV, had noone to pose for me, but I put the APC in the same place and position. Everything else is the same. I took 3 rounds AP to kill the APC (American GI inside). Any ideas about that?

On a side note, screen taken yesterday, for the faction saying it is not happening :)

« Last Edit: 12-08-2013, 22:08:57 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 12-08-2013, 23:08:48 »
It shouldn't be taking three shots at less than 30m, especially in a PzIV. Are you sure your aim was on and that there was no lag or anything? Just asking, before I bother to try and see for myself.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 12-08-2013, 23:08:24 »
I have asked the same question while one of the betatest sessions: would it be possible to completely remove the anglemod from soft targets like AT guns, jeeps or APC's? Or would this cause too much damage by the terrain when you are driving over it?

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 13-08-2013, 15:08:54 »
I personally don't see the problem with hanomag surviving because of its angled armor. It's nice that you can survive by luck sometimes.

Offline Jupp-FH1/2

• If you are unsure how to proceed, shoot again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 13-08-2013, 16:08:20 »
I personally don't see the problem with hanomag surviving because of its angled armor. It's nice that you can survive by luck sometimes.

Are you serious? You like the fact that luck determines the effectiveness of your gun?

If so, please uninstall and burn your copy of BF2...  :'(
Los Los Los

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #249 on: 13-08-2013, 17:08:19 »
Leopardi, if it was a rifle calibre round, I would have no problem.
If it was a heavy machine gun (12,7mm) round that would bounce off from time to time with a good angle, fine. As it was in real life. FH2 is supposed to be realism oriented.

But a 75mm solid armor piercing round should at least penetrate that 10mm no matter how sloped it is.

Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Horstpetersens

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 13-08-2013, 19:08:04 »
luck or somthing like weaponspray is one of the things i hate most in games
i dont care if it is realistic or not it cuts the fun.
...and the weapon spray is unrealistic huge in fh2 for some weapons and ranges

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 13-08-2013, 19:08:22 »

You know what's also unrealistic? People running around like headless chickens, people showing absolutely no care for their "virtual" lives, people riding a bicycle in the middle of a warzone.

You can't say "I don't care if it's realistic or not" and then complain that the weapon spray is "unrealistic".

Weapon spray is something you have to learn how to deal with. Can't hit something? Well, then get closer or ask a friend with a sniper rifle to shoot it!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 13-08-2013, 19:08:14 »
How am i supposed to deal with a RANDOM weapon spray? I can´t rely on anything if cant predict what consequences my actions have.
You can also say learn to play Roulette. It´s the natural character of randomness that you can´t predict results.

I´m not willed to base my play on luck. That´s why i avoid gambling.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 13-08-2013, 19:08:17 »

You know what's also unrealistic? People running around like headless chickens, people showing absolutely no care for their "virtual" lives, people riding a bicycle in the middle of a warzone.

You can't say "I don't care if it's realistic or not" and then complain that the weapon spray is "unrealistic".

Weapon spray is something you have to learn how to deal with. Can't hit something? Well, then get closer or ask a friend with a sniper rifle to shoot it!

Lucky, there is a point when a game takes too much controll out of the players hand. FH2 is at this point currently. I play alot with different people using TS, communicating what we see ingame and how we perceive certain situations from the shooting as well as from the receiving end, also in different teams. A bit of luck can be nice and a bit of spray too and there is no question that weapons have spray in RL. But not the amount of randomness we have atm. My favorite example is the stationary 2pdr as it has an extreme amount of spray that no player in the world can deal with also on close distance - it is total luck whether you can kill your opponent before you get shot. Ofcourse people are too careless in many cases, but on the other hand can I drive my Sherman totaly careless around, get a shot of a PIV in the ass from 50 metre and still survive and bail, that's something that I do not want to deserve. That's not a joke that's a first hand story from the server today. It just happens too often. :(
« Last Edit: 13-08-2013, 20:08:37 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 13-08-2013, 21:08:19 »
Ofcourse people are too careless in many cases, but on the other hand can I drive my Sherman totaly careless around, get a shot of a PIV in the ass from 50 metre and still survive and bail, that's something that I do not want to deserve. That's not a joke that's a first hand story from the server today. It just happens too often. :(

Yeah, and it's immense fun :P.

Don't remove this devs, I won't be able to run circles around the whole Axis team with the Bren carrier while all the Panzerfausts and Panzerschrecks miracoulously bounce off me! The Bren carrier was never so much useful in the whole history of FH 2! Especially now when you can take a few teammates who can spam unlimited nades at the enemy!  ;D
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...