Author Topic: Low Caliber Flak Issues  (Read 3596 times)

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
Re: Low Caliber Flak Issues
« Reply #45 on: 04-01-2013, 18:01:48 »
Interesting, guys discussed the problem of shielded 88s for few days without response. I try to give them a practicle solution(which it is), and some moderators and betatesters immediately pop out, making sarcastic post or saying how bad, how sad, how "cunt" it is.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04-01-2013, 18:01:35 »
I don´t see a problem there. I don´t do it, but seeing there are people flying with joysticks and having an advantage in aircraft/dogfighting - who cares?
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04-01-2013, 18:01:05 »
Interesting, guys discussed the problem of shielded 88s for few days without response. I try to give them a practicle solution(which it is), and some moderators and betatesters immediately pop out, making sarcastic post or saying how bad, how sad, how "cunt" it is.

Because it's like cheating being a solution to sucking.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06-01-2013, 11:01:29 »
Installing aimbot, a practical solution too?

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06-01-2013, 19:01:38 »
So you think something on the center of screen = aimbot?

Now I know everyone plays vanilla BF2 with aimbot :P

Offline Horstpetersens

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07-01-2013, 05:01:40 »
Like playing on low graphics to gain an advantage
lame

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07-01-2013, 10:01:46 »

Why don't you read it again.

It is cheating, just like aimbot, wallhack, whatever. Obviously not as "offensive", but it still is. Other players don't have such dot (don't even try to tell you only use it on 88) and you gain advantage there. Crosshair wasn't removed just so everyone could place their own dot on screen. Also, not only does it help with hip diring, it also makes weapon sway non existant, as you can aim down the sights and still use the dot.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07-01-2013, 19:01:53 »

No, it is a comparison, like ajappat posted.

And about the no response to the 88 thing: I wouldn't know a solution, except for someone to remake the model of the 88, of which I'm quite sure it has very low priority. So why should I post? Should I have posted that it has low prio? Then you would have moaned and complained about that, right?

But since you started to advocate using cheaty stuff, I felt the need to post, so there you go.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07-01-2013, 19:01:48 »
Come on stop this trashtalk. The topic is quite interesting and not worth to be spammed with this rubbish.

I don't not even think that it's that low priority to make a gun work properly, that is AT and AA at the same time and on very many maps. I don't mind if the size of the shield is currently a bit wrong, I'd just like that there is a solution that makes 88's with shield able to perform well as AA gun, for example by moving the sights closer to the shield so it does not worsen the view that much anymore.

Don't forget that 88's are often simply base defenses and won't ever see a tank, because of ABC lines or because they are behind a hill or at some position the enemy can't be seen at all. When they then also have a shield attached, then they are just decoration on a good bunch of places, as the 88's with shield really can't be accepted as proper AA gun currently.

Not like high priority, but I don't think it's that low either. It should be a point on the list in my opinion.

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07-01-2013, 21:01:34 »
and you gain advantage there.
From time to time some players will get advantage over some other players: flying with joystick, playing under low ping... the same as a dot on center. No one cares and no one can care, feel free to think it as cheating but that's not how I look at it.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07-01-2013, 21:01:23 »
^It's cheating in every mean possible. You are using something that the designers of the game removed on purpose... The designers didn't remove your good ping on purpose, it's something they don't have any control of... As for the joystick issue... Some people are better with it, some prefer the keyboard... Whatever floats your (flying) boat.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07-01-2013, 22:01:43 »
I strongly agree with Surfbird on this one. Especially on Cobra the 88s could make a big difference if they were not that bad. At least remove the possibilty to get instakilled by AP into the shield. Problem is that you cannot do the same to the Sherman anymore.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07-01-2013, 23:01:36 »
At least remove the possibilty to get instakilled by AP into the shield. Problem is that you cannot do the same to the Sherman anymore.

Is it possible to make shells pass through the shield? So you can be one shotted if the tank exactly shoots the place you are sitting at but not if the shell just passes through... Kind of like in Men of War?
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08-01-2013, 02:01:26 »
I don't not even think that it's that low priority to make a gun work properly, that is AT and AA at the same time and on very many maps.
When I said "low priority" I meant the shape of the shield, not the AA/AT thing, of which I think it is quite a good suggestion.