Author Topic: FH Game Night #5 and #6 !  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: FH Game Night #5 and #6 !
« Reply #60 on: 19-05-2010, 10:05:48 »
It's summer and FHGN's seem to be on Saturdays - this is a fundamental problem in and of itself. Still single, and even if I wasn't, summer inevitably brings the "cottage trips" with friends on weekends.

So for me, it's OK to have a summer break. Once the autumn hits, it's much more appealing to sit inside in the warmth of the PSU in the eerie glow of the monitor, rather than go through the cold, wet darkness outside in order to drink overpriced watered-down drinks and hear the millions of variations of "GTFO" from the girls. :P

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 19-05-2010, 11:05:21 »
It's not bad to have a summer break. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

@Kemola
Let us hear some of those GTFO variations  :D

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 19-05-2010, 17:05:25 »
If there is gonna be a summerbreak (which is totally fine by me), pls let it be in July and not on June. Most people still work/go to school in June.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 19-05-2010, 17:05:29 »
If there is gonna be a summerbreak (which is totally fine by me), pls let it be in July and not on June. Most people still work/go to school in June.

eehh seems more like a valid argument to actually have the break in June... 

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19-05-2010, 19:05:53 »
Heh, I meant that they will go on holidays in July, not being able to sit behind their PCs, let alone join in on a GN (which is on Saturday, so should not be a problem to attend for people still going to school/work).

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19-05-2010, 20:05:48 »
Heh, I meant that they will go on holidays in July, not being able to sit behind their PCs, let alone join in on a GN (which is on Saturday, so should not be a problem to attend for people still going to school/work).

I have a different approach:

June is often the month which require the most of your job, and most students have exams. They probably won't go for the entire month of July on vacation (most will go for one or two weeks in either July or august) and therefore there will always be a minimum population remaining to play online .