Author Topic: Weapon 3D ironsights/sway feedback  (Read 32970 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon 3D ironsights/sway feedback
« Reply #45 on: 27-11-2009, 01:11:17 »
its not really something your going to notice anyways, unless your jacking off at an uncap with it

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28-11-2009, 17:11:39 »
I-KIRJAIN ajaa ei osata jokin soumi lukuunottamatta yxi kaxi kolmen, paskapää, siipää, puolalainen voi ja vittu. ja -lta elämäntapa voi vittu! ". Joten pohjimmiltaan I-KIRJAIN olen kirjaillen nyt kuluva ajaksi ei ajatella järkevästi , I-KIRJAIN kohtuullinen haluta jotta hyvässä kunnossa kotona. ja I-KIRJAIN odottaa nyt kuluva kielenkääntäjä I-KIRJAIN olen kohteleva tehdas hyvä , te erottaa we!
Remember, kids, this is why you should never use automatic translation for anything else except individual words or very short and simple sentences ;D

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28-11-2009, 22:11:53 »
its not really something your going to notice anyways, unless your jacking off at an uncap with it
*unbuttons fly*  :P

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 28-11-2009, 23:11:48 »
The horror!   

*hides the children*

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29-11-2009, 03:11:24 »
LOL

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29-11-2009, 13:11:36 »
I-KIRJAIN ajaa ei osata jokin soumi lukuunottamatta yxi kaxi kolmen, paskapää, siipää, puolalainen voi ja vittu. ja -lta elämäntapa voi vittu! ". Joten pohjimmiltaan I-KIRJAIN olen kirjaillen nyt kuluva ajaksi ei ajatella järkevästi , I-KIRJAIN kohtuullinen haluta jotta hyvässä kunnossa kotona. ja I-KIRJAIN odottaa nyt kuluva kielenkääntäjä I-KIRJAIN olen kohteleva tehdas hyvä , te erottaa we!
Remember, kids, this is why you should never use automatic translation for anything else except individual words or very short and simple sentences ;D

And dear Lord especially not Finnish. The translators work best for languages with atleast some common origin....Finnish isn't even indo-european!

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01-12-2009, 19:12:11 »

"Letter I Drives can't something Finland/Finnish(?) except one two threes, shithead, ???, polish can and fuck. and from lifestyle oh fuck! Therefore in essence Letter I i'm writing now spending time not thinking rationally, Letter I moderate wants so that in good condition at home. And I letter waits now consumable translator Letter I i'm treating factory, you fire us!"

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01-12-2009, 19:12:48 »
In google translator:

I do not know anything except soumi Yxi kaxi three, bastard, siipää, Polish, and can fuck. and of course to you! '. So basically I'm writing this for no reason, I just want to fit in the home. And I hope this translator I am using works good, you tell me!

What the hell is siipää? :D

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01-12-2009, 19:12:43 »
Quit it. Stay on topic or I'll have to bring out the broom and sweep off all this filth.

Offline emiik

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04-12-2009, 19:12:47 »
Hi Kev4000,

I love so far what you have done with weapons. Maybe after next patch I can even hit something with M1A1 Thompson because now in 2.2 the sight goes rather weird when shooting. But anyway there's something that bothers me with weapon animations.

The problem is that currently one can almost immediately raise to ironsights and shoot accurately after sprinting, which in my opinion isn't the way it should be. I know that there's a small animation which happens when player moves the weapon from sprinting stance to hip but one can shoot during the animation or even completely bypass it (or it is just too fast for my poor eye to see it). This is particularly annoying with SMGs but it works with rifles as well.

Now this could be fixed by making the tozoom time longer, and I know you have already almost doubled it for the next patch (big thanks for that althought I would like it to be even longer ;)), but I think that won't be enough and after reading this thread I've understood you ain't gonna make it even longer.

So I ask that is it possible to make one unable to shoot while that transition from sprinting stance to hip stance is active and make it possibly last a bit longer? This would make people to think more where and when to sprint and making it a less superior offensive tactic.

Edit: Deleted the video.
« Last Edit: 11-12-2009, 12:12:34 by emiik »

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05-12-2009, 02:12:49 »
It looks much better with the longer tozoom time, but not entirely fixed. I'll look into fadein and fadeout times for sprinting.

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 20-01-2010, 10:01:53 »
Bump.
Any opinions on the new system or all good? That is besides the MG42/MG34. I'm doing some experiments with those weapons but will not guarantee anything at this point.

Offline Fuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 20-01-2010, 15:01:38 »
The new first person animation is awesome, but useless...You can just cancel it when clicking fast on the zoom when the animation start. I don't know if it's possible to force the animation before use the ironsight.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 20-01-2010, 20:01:59 »
The new first person animation is awesome, but useless...You can just cancel it when clicking fast on the zoom when the animation start. I don't know if it's possible to force the animation before use the ironsight.

You mean the one for the Mg34/42?  You could do that before.  Works for Boys/Pzb.39 as well, but at least the Pzb seems to still have a delay before you can fire it if you do that.

Offline Kev4000

• FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 20-01-2010, 22:01:19 »

This topic is only for the ironsights only, not for the going prone animation. Ironsight animations include zoom_stand (standing sway), zoom_crouch (crouching sway), zoom_prone (no sway), zoom_run (walking when zoomed), zoom_fire (the camerashake and the weapon being pressed towards the screen), aswell as the tozoom (animation played between right clicking and ironsight).

However, on that note, the animation is such to prevent dolphindiving. Upon going ironsight after proning, you will have to wait before you can fire.