Author Topic: Visual Enhancement  (Read 577 times)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
Visual Enhancement
« on: 17-01-2017, 01:01:54 »
Good evening everyone,

I was watching a video on YouTube of PR. And I told myself "damn those explosions are awesome!! Looking so real!"

Indeed and from an honest point of view, you only can admit it's true.

FH2 ones are outdated, I feel they lack real movement of dust but the color of the dust is ok I think..

And is it possible to make real looking columns of smoke above wrecks of vehicles or buildings?

I really feel that it would add so much intensity to the mod.... I know that PR borrowed you No4 at least, and the Saint lo breakthrough map for their WWII minimod. You could ask to rework their effects for FH2, right?!

Please just think about it! :)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
Re: Visual Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: 17-01-2017, 16:01:04 »
you can always buy a new monitor/gfx card with higher resolution or put reshade https://reshade.me/ on top of fh2 to get visual enhancement

btw. Dell showed a new 8K monitor at CES :-)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-01-2017, 00:01:10 »
I don't think you're being pertinent...

Having better screen or whatever won't do anything to what I asked.

Is anyone interested on what I actually written or trolling is the rule?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-01-2017, 01:01:03 »
Relax. Alublat wasn't trolling, although I don't think he read your entire post.

About effects; yes, I think PR has more 'realistic' or 'powerful' effects compared to FH. I think they had a very nice team that worked on making the effects for everything very real and very intimidating.

I'd like to see an overhaul of FH2's effects, but atm I don't think anyone is working on them because it isn't priority. I also don't know how easy it is to mess with effects (actual dirt, smoke, sounds etc....) I think it's a very large undertaking, especially considering the amount of materials + calibers of weapons there are. I don't think it's just a matter of using PR's effects on FH2 stuff either.