Author Topic: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior  (Read 14011 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior
« Reply #60 on: 11-10-2010, 22:10:06 »
Gr8 work, remick! Dont worry, we got Drawde and now devilman. We covered ;-)

Once i can run this i will create entire map files to Dl for the casual SPers

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12-10-2010, 04:10:04 »
Gr8 work, remick! Dont worry, we got Drawde and now devilman. We covered ;-)

You always had me,its just that you, never listened to me

Offline Rumia

• Apparitions Stalk the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12-10-2010, 08:10:52 »
gonna test that out
thx remick

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 12-10-2010, 11:10:33 »
*crawls out from under his rock*

Sorry I haven't updated the DL thread yet, I'll fix it this weekend.

I upgraded to Win7 and bought Civ 5 and a new CPU. Between playing with my new toys and work, I've barely had time to scratch my ass.

Yesterday I finally went through the BF2/FH2 patch-fest so I could get stuck into 2.3. I've only tried a round of PeB and Brest so far, no dramas I noticed...except for one.

One that nobody has thus far mentioned (unless I missed it), and from this I assume that either: my copy of FH2 is broken, or you lot enjoy waiting half a minute to respawn... ???

That fucking mandown timer is still broken......*sigh*...I guess it's time to "fix" it... ::)

If it annoys anyone else, this is the "fix":
You want no spawntime in you singleplayer game?

# Solution 1:
Start your game, open console (~) and type:
Code: [Select]
sv.spawntime 0
You have to do this everytime your game starts

# Solution 2:
Open gamelogicinit.con and add
Code: [Select]
sv.spawntime 0 to the end of the file

You may also want to change 0 to 1, as 0 gives (really) instant spawn, which may be irritating...

Oh, and by the way kids, Legion's back... ;)

- http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=14578&view=findpost&p=166534

Offline Barryman

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13-10-2010, 00:10:22 »
Tested two of your fixes for now Remick04.

Lebisey:
Startsup now, but as soon as it is started, the map shows up, but the half of it is not on screen and I cant select any point on the map to start from.

Villers-Bocage:
Works perfectly now, The AI doesnt struggle anymore with the Hedgerows.

Three things I noticed:
- I spawned inside a truck one time I dont know if this is intended
- I had had a strange problem with the crossroads flag. The capture bar was full while I was Allies, but the Axis flag remained as Icon on the map and flag and our tanks stayed at the point as if it was not captured yet (Dont know if this is rare, because it only happend once for now)
- Allied tanks having a struggle getting pass the point shown on the screenshot below.

"" border="0"
« Last Edit: 13-10-2010, 00:10:35 by Barryman »

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 13-10-2010, 04:10:07 »
Lebisey 64 size

into: levels/lebisey/server.zip/gamemode/sp3/64/ the AI folder and the GPO file are from map "mount olympus"
because of this you could not select any spawn point in SP regime.

How to fix this problem?......Just copy and paste AI folder and GPO file from:
levels/lebisey/server.zip/gamemode/gpm_coop/64 into sp3/64
« Last Edit: 13-10-2010, 04:10:23 by aserafimov »

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 13-10-2010, 09:10:27 »
Lebisey 64 size

into: levels/lebisey/server.zip/gamemode/sp3/64/ the AI folder and the GPO file are from map "mount olympus"
because of this you could not select any spawn point in SP regime.

How to fix this problem?......Just copy and paste AI folder and GPO file from:
levels/lebisey/server.zip/gamemode/gpm_coop/64 into sp3/64

you may also want to delete the AI/Strategies.ai file from SP/CO-OP 64 as both these are from MT Olympus
Note...not sure what difference having these 2 wrong files make,but better to play it safe

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 13-10-2010, 10:10:35 »
Anyone else notice AT bots going to sleep if there's nothing to fire their bazooka at?

@Remick: What happened to Goodwood-16?

Offline Barryman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 13-10-2010, 11:10:47 »
Thank you guys, the map is working!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 13-10-2010, 17:10:42 »
Yer, the cap issue has to do with the issu of 'Double-cap' which plagues FH2 Singleplayer, sadly

Its in alot of maps. Usually happens when the enemy doesn't give the flag away without a fight right in the cap area - But it sometimes occurs for no reason - Enemy continue to spawn there, the flag is shown as friendly, and your side will remain camped there indefinitely...

The trick is to somehow get them to attack else where or get them defeated by the enemy

Either:
a/ Become the enemy and destroy them. Getting the flag back to mid point, changes it to a blank flag and nullifies the issue for that bout. Capping it all the way, might just restore things to a new instance of the issue

b/ Become a SL or commander and send them else where by command interface or commando radio
c/ Destroy them all and allow the enemy to overrun the place

I know it sucks...

I think we should really find a way of fixing this once and for all. Winterhilf did, but he never told anyone (I don't think) before he left. He did fix all maps which he'd created for the official patch ie. Fall of Tobruk's first flag etc

New challenge!!

Offline Tubesteak

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 13-10-2010, 21:10:14 »
Any chance of getting one of the Python guru's to revamp an anti bot camp script?  It was in BF2 Editor forum's ages ago, and also the XWW2 mod has a version of it incorporated.

Basically it just kills off any bot that sits idle for a pre-determined amount of time.

Also has anyone tried this AI strategy written by Void, to try and spice up the bots into attacking/defending more vigorously? 

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15109

I've run it on some normal BF2 SP maps and it seems to work quite effectively.  I'm going to tinker with FH2 and see if there is a difference.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 13-10-2010, 21:10:21 »
I'm actually quite interested in the die-off script as it solves alot of idling and allows Point Du Hoc to work, cliffs and all.

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 14-10-2010, 01:10:25 »
@Remick: What happened to Goodwood-16?

Goodwood-16 fell to laziness and exhaustion. I realized when putting together the files that I had forgotten it, and almost added the files last minute, but it would require editing the info's .desc file and that would require slightly more complicated installation instructions than simply "add to the server.zip". And I just wanted to get you guys the files I had as soon as possible so I skipped it. But Winterhilf's original files for Goodwood-16 should still work. Or one of the other talented guys on these forums can set it up for everyone. ;D

And I apologize for the Lebisey files mix-up. I was aware that some of Mount Olympus' files had gotten mixed up with Lebisey, and let the devs know, to which they said they fixed it. But something must have changed between then and release because Lebisey lost its AI files and Mount Olympus is still mix up in its Gameplay objects. I have a half dozen versions of Fh2 on my computer and I'm loosing track of who has what files and which files are in which version. I'm very appreciative of those of you who are picking up my slack because I have been slacking and I apologize for that.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 14-10-2010, 11:10:15 »
Hey, that's why we're here - Your stopgap :-)

With the sheer amount of great work done on AI, bug-fixing and map-support, this is barely a scratch

« Last Edit: 14-10-2010, 11:10:51 by djinn »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 14-10-2010, 11:10:00 »
...Also has anyone tried this AI strategy written by Void, to try and spice up the bots into attacking/defending more vigorously? 

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15109

I've run it on some normal BF2 SP maps and it seems to work quite effectively.  I'm going to tinker with FH2 and see if there is a difference.
Nope. I've been meaning to DL it and try it ever since it first appeared, but just haven't gotten around to it. From all reports though, there's a definite improvements in the AI when using it.

May be a little premature, but it might be worth considering incorporating this into FH... :-\

Goodwood-16 fell to laziness and exhaustion...
Luckily for you, Brest is doing a great job of satisfying my CQB itch, so I'll forgive your laziness...just this once... ;)  ;D

I'll add the files on the weekend. If there's no drama's or CTD's, I'll upload the updated files and post a link in the DL thread.