Author Topic: What's Your Ugliest and Most Beautiful Tank of WW2?  (Read 76309 times)

Offline Forlorn_Hope

• The 3rd Canadian Expeditionary Force
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Ugliest and Most Beautiful Tank of WW2?
« Reply #60 on: 07-01-2010, 06:01:40 »
Good thing nobody had mentioned this tank before, because it certainly beats all of yours  ;D 8) :P

The M24 Chaffee isn't going to take out the panther or the tiger, but it sure looks more awesome.
3rdCEF Steele_Xia

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07-01-2010, 06:01:24 »
Good thing nobody had mentioned this tank before, because it certainly beats all of yours  ;D 8) :P

The M24 Chaffee isn't going to take out the panther or the tiger, but it sure looks more awesome.

This is why I would bring my Panzershreck then make a barbecue for everyone.

Offline Kading

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07-01-2010, 06:01:50 »
NK-101, holy shit-balls! teh 53)(

Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07-01-2010, 07:01:22 »

This is why I would bring my Panzershreck then make a barbecue for everyone.
Enough with your damn nationalism of the past... German lost the war... there tank, there weapons was not enough great against allied stuff. Yeah right they made some stuff really badass like panther... but one thing we can learn about war is technology will not give victory...

And your grandaddy was a               in an SS divison... they were son of a   who help hitler evil plan. Damned revisionnist...

PS: Sorry, I don't want to change the subject of this topic.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07-01-2010, 07:01:32 »
NK-101, holy shit-balls! teh 53)(

What the hell is that?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07-01-2010, 07:01:47 »
Thats a Alkett-Raumgerat

Some kind of Miner Roller, never saw service.

Spend all of its life on Kummersdorf, were it was found by the Soviet forces.

The High Command ordered the project to be stopped, too outdated/Slow for 1944 and it was left there.

The soviet forces placed it in Kubinka, after some trials.

I think the, thing, had a extra wheel on its back, but it seems that, its not there..

Still, a very unique piece of history!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 07-01-2010, 08:01:21 »
From what I know, it was meant to be a high speed recon vehicle....

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #67 on: 07-01-2010, 08:01:06 »
I love the looks of French tanks, they look amazing. I can't really think of an ugly tank. I can of strange tanks.

T10 Mine Exploder for example, I laughed so hard when I first saw it some years ago.

Nope, that is definitly a cromwell.  Comets have return rollers for the tracks.

Anyways, since its going this way: Centurion > all German armour
It is nor a Comet, nor a Cromwell, nor a Charioteer. I think it's some Israeli conversion they did themselves, not sure. Anyway, about the return rollers, there where Comets without return rollers  ;) Early versions.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 07-01-2010, 09:01:31 »
I love the looks of French tanks, they look amazing. I can't really think of an ugly tank. I can of strange tanks.

So you are with me? nice,  i really like the Somua

Offline Stonechater

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 07-01-2010, 11:01:00 »

T10 Mine Exploder for example, I laughed so hard when I first saw it some years ago.

It is nor a Comet, nor a Cromwell, nor a Charioteer. I think it's some Israeli conversion they did themselves, not sure. Anyway, about the return rollers, there where Comets without return rollers  ;) Early versions.

Looks like a reindeer walking on ice LOL  ;D

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 07-01-2010, 12:01:29 »
Ugliest:
i find allied tanks.. less pretty

Beautifull:

PanzerKampfWagen II Aufs L "Luchs"

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 07-01-2010, 13:01:29 »

Enough with your damn nationalism of the past... German lost the war... there tank, there weapons was not enough great against allied stuff. Yeah right they made some stuff really badass like panther... but one thing we can learn about war is technology will not give victory...

And your grandaddy was a in an SS divison... they were son of a   who help hitler evil plan. Damned revisionnist...

Oh so we retort to this type of problems around here. So? My grand father was just a MG42 machine gunner that fought in the Eastern Front, the Ardennes and in so more parts of Europe. Did he help Hitler's evil plans? No...Did he commit war crimes? No...he was just a soldier doing his duty for his coutry. Just to making that clear; my earlier comment was just a joke.

You can continue with the topic now.
« Last Edit: 07-01-2010, 13:01:36 by Yustax »

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #72 on: 07-01-2010, 15:01:52 »

It is some modified cromwell, alot of the tanks at that Israeli museum look odd. But Eat Uranium is right. The comets had return rollers, a different shaped turret and a new shape gun mantlet.

**EDIT** Just did some searching and aparently its just been fitted with a dummy gun. It is a cromwell.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 07-01-2010, 15:01:12 »

And your grandaddy was a in an SS divison... they were son of a   who help hitler evil plan. Damned revisionnist...

Oh so we retort to this type of problems around here. So? My grand father was just a MG42 machine gunner that fought in the Eastern Front, the Ardennes and in so more parts of Europe. Did he help Hitler's evil plans? No...Did he commit war crimes? No...he was just a soldier doing his duty for his coutry. Just to making that clear; my earlier comment was just a joke.

You can continue with the topic now.

OffT:
Joining the ss das reich isn't a meaningless choice(except for the forced enlist)
Waffen SS aren't soldier, they are milician of the nsdap.
You don't need to have your nsdap card but you fought for the ideology. You joined in by opportunism or by ideology.

He didn't commit war crimes but he did help or was nazi.
In time of peace, the waffen ss role was to crush any german/occupied people revolt(not all the german was nazi and this is the reason why the power need waffen ss as super policemen to crush revolt, things police can't do ) or army revolt.
In time of war, the waffen ss fought for the army (they weren't in the army), borrowed by the nsdap.

Sure, the army was pro-nazi (ss prefered the army compared to the waffenss ...) and has commited crimes, but it was 12 millions of enlist men (or 18 i don't remember, but with that number you can easily found criminal in it) compared to 400 000 german volunteers (i don't remember the exact number or german native) + nazi foreign nationalists craps fighting for the nsdap first.

I certainly can't reduce this very complex subject in 3 paragraphs, but what is sure is that the waffen ss aren't "soldier" like the other and weren't fighting for their "vaterland". This crappy idea is an other great idea of the post war nazi to give them a new virginity.

Perhaps alakazou shouldn't have been so picky. But your answer smells bad imo.

PS: oh yeah i'm a little bit off, but let's say that after what i experience at filefront forum, i'm taking this subject seriously.

OnT:

the ugliest:
any rushed tank like the arl44

the most beautifull:
perhaps the amd201 because of his modern design

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 07-01-2010, 15:01:40 »
Pretty:

So rugged & russian. It can FUCK YOU UP while looking like it'll fall apart at any moment.

Runner up:

My true love, I could play counterattack-1940 all day tank camping for that & cruising around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugly:

It was a close tie between this & the Sherman. Both just look so generic.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".