Author Topic: Problem with Shaders  (Read 4645 times)

Offline kstewart10

• View Profile
Problem with Shaders
« on: 02-04-2009, 00:04:42 »
Hi, I've been having a problem with Forgotten Hope 2.  First of all, when I try to start it up and shut , I get an error message, it says:

What happens is that I am able to PLAY the game just fine, only when I zoom in with my rifle or pistol or whatever, I get a sort of hazy, grey look.  Its comparable to setting off a nuke in World in Conflict, or the screen turning grey, looking like heat haze, and the screen is wavy.  The only other way to describe it is looking into a TV that is losing it's signal.

So I come moseying onto the forums here, looking for a solution.  Of course, I read the stick here at the top of 'Help/Support'.  But perhaps the details were a little too hazy for me to understand?  It states that you are to clear the graphics cache under my documents, and I did that for both BF2 and FH2.  It says that if that doesn't work to:

If the problem still persists: Go to your battlefield 2 mod directory (commonly c:\program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

you should find two files there shaders_client.zip (187kb) and shaders_client.zip-vanilla (219kb), rename shaders_client.zip to shaders_client.backup we wont remove it just in case, then rename shaders_client.zip-vanilla to shaders_client.zip.

Okay, so I go into my mod\bf2 folder, and there are no such files to be found in that directory.  They're not even in the 'shaders' directory.  However, if I go to the mods\fh2 directory, there are two files there.  One is called 'shaders_client.zip' and the other is 'shaders_client.zip.backup' both are 187KB in size, but there is no .zip.-vanilla one. 

This is the current log I am getting for it:

Quote from: My Error Log
-- fh2.exe -- starting log
IsFirstInstance? Yes
MoveIntoPlace: executing task 'move aside vanilla shader cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache-vanilla'... Failed (2).
MoveIntoPlace: executing task 'move in fh2 cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache-fh2' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache'... Failed (2).
MoveIntoPlace: executing task 'move aside mods/bf2 shader cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/bf2' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/bf2.tmp'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: executing task 'move in mods/fh2 shader cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/fh2' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/bf2'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: executing task 'move aside vanilla shaders'
Moving 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip' to 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip-vanilla'... Failed (2).
MoveIntoPlace: executing task 'move in fh2 shaders'
Taking a backup of 'mods/fh2/shaders_client.zip' to 'mods/fh2/shaders_client.zip.backup'... Done (0).
Moving 'mods/fh2/shaders_client.zip' to 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: executing task 'move aside warning video'
Moving 'mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik' to 'mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik-disabled'... Done (0).
Starting profile processing...
Found a profile directory here: 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001', processing...
Cleaning up any old FH2 controls in Vanilla controlmap: 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con'...
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con.tmp' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con'... Done (0).
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.bf2'... Done (0).
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.fh2' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con'... Done (0).
Queuing undo of profile processing...
Found a profile directory here: 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001', processing...
Queuing: Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.fh2'... Done (0).
Queuing: Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.bf2' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con'... Done (0).
QueueRebootMoveBack: queue reboot-time reversal of task 'move aside warning video'
QueueRebootMoveBack: queue reboot-time reversal of task 'move in fh2 shaders'
QueueRebootMoveBack: queue reboot-time reversal of task 'move aside vanilla shaders'
QueueRebootMoveBack: queue reboot-time reversal of task 'move in mods/fh2 shader cache'
QueueRebootMoveBack: queue reboot-time reversal of task 'move aside mods/bf2 shader cache'
QueueRebootMoveBack: queue reboot-time reversal of task 'move in fh2 cache'
QueueRebootMoveBack: queue reboot-time reversal of task 'move aside vanilla shader cache'
Execing 'bf2.exe +modPath mods/fh2 '
Waiting...
bf2.exe finished. Clearing up...
bf2.exe gave exitcode: 00000000
Undoing profile processing...
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.fh2'... Done (0).
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.bf2' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Controls.con'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: reversing task 'move aside warning video'
Moving 'mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik-disabled' back to 'mods/fh2/movies/warning.bik'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: reversing task 'move in fh2 shaders'
Moving 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip' back to 'mods/fh2/shaders_client.zip'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: reversing task 'move aside vanilla shaders'
Moving 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip-vanilla' back to 'mods/bf2/shaders_client.zip'... Failed (2).
MoveIntoPlace: reversing task 'move in mods/fh2 shader cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/bf2' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/fh2'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: reversing task 'move aside mods/bf2 shader cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/bf2.tmp' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/mods/bf2'... Done (0).
MoveIntoPlace: reversing task 'move in fh2 cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache-fh2'... Failed (2).
MoveIntoPlace: reversing task 'move aside vanilla shader cache'
Moving 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache-vanilla' back to 'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Battlefield 2/cache'... Failed (2).
-- fh2.exe -- Exiting.

can anyone tell me what is up with my FH2 and help me through this?  Thanks! :)

« Last Edit: 02-04-2009, 00:04:02 by kstewart10 »

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Re: Problem with Shaders
« Reply #1 on: 02-04-2009, 00:04:44 »
Ive had this problem, the only solution i found was a reinstall. After reinstalling i backed up my FH2 folder so that when it happens (its reocurring) all i have to do is delete the bugged one and drag in the second.

azreal

« Reply #2 on: 02-04-2009, 00:04:53 »

Offline kstewart10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-04-2009, 01:04:40 »
You checked here yet?
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0

Yes

And it looks like I'll just reinstall.

:/

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-04-2009, 08:04:42 »
You don't need to back up the entire folder, just back up the shader_client.zip in both the bf2 and fh2 folders.
Perhaps you can get those two from some friend, that might save you from a reinstall.

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Siccy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-04-2009, 02:04:45 »
Not to be the bumper of all demons but I have this problem too.

Now...I'm lazy. There has to be a quick fix for this where someone sends me the shader files and we get on with it?

I refuse to re-install.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-04-2009, 09:04:09 »
Vanilla: http://files.filefront.com/13611792

FH2: http://files.filefront.com/13611799

Note the FH2 ones are actually the backup file, because FileFront wouldn't let me upload the normal ones because they had the same name as the Vanilla ones.  I don't know what your supposed to do with it.  If it doesn't work, I'll find a way to get the real FH2 shaders onto FileFront.

From what I can understand from the screen shot of the error message, you only need the vanilla ones anyway.

Oh, and if I'm not supposed to upload those for any reason, tell me and I'll take them down.

Also, Sicarius...you suck.  ::)

Offline Siccy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-04-2009, 18:04:09 »
This quick fix worked. For anyone who wants to know step by step:

Download the files in the post above.
Copy them to BF2/mods/bf2/
Play game.

Simple as that.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-04-2009, 19:04:52 »
This quick fix worked. For anyone who wants to know step by step:

Download the files in the post above.
Copy them to BF2/mods/bf2/
Play game.

Simple as that.

Your welcome.

Anyway, the FH2 ones should actually be put into BF2/mods/fh2 and renamed shaders_client.zip.  At least, I think that's how it works.