Author Topic: The North Korea Crazy thread!  (Read 24101 times)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: The North Korea Crazy thread!
« Reply #315 on: 06-04-2013, 05:04:24 »
Comrade Fidel published his first column in almost 9 months yesterday.
Se trata de uno de los más graves riesgos de guerra nuclear después de la Crisis de Octubre en 1962 en torno a Cuba, hace 50 años.
He compares the gravity of the situation in North Korea to the October crisis. I agree with him, the outcome of the situation of today and five decades ago is equally uncertain.
http://www.granma.cu/espanol/reflexiones/5-abril-guerra-corea.html

In other news, Pyongyang authorities advise all foreigners to leave the country as they will be unable to guarantee their safety after April 10th. Just what do they plan to do on April 10th...?

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 06-04-2013, 06:04:42 »
"No one can say a war will break out in Korea or not and whether it will break out today or tomorrow."
To bad there still at war.  ::)

Offline Kading

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 06-04-2013, 06:04:06 »
Comrade Fidel published his first column in almost 9 months yesterday.
Se trata de uno de los más graves riesgos de guerra nuclear después de la Crisis de Octubre en 1962 en torno a Cuba, hace 50 años.
He compares the gravity of the situation in North Korea to the October crisis. I agree with him, the outcome of the situation of today and five decades ago is equally uncertain.
http://www.granma.cu/espanol/reflexiones/5-abril-guerra-corea.html

In other news, Pyongyang authorities advise all foreigners to leave the country as they will be unable to guarantee their safety after April 10th. Just what do they plan to do on April 10th...?

Gotta say, don't see how North Korea now compares to Cuba during the October crisis. Neither Russia, nor China is going to have a nuclear war with the US over some madman at the helm of a 3rd world country. Nothing will happen. They keep making threats and deadlines year after year, and people keep going "uh oh, what if they mean it this time." I respond by saying "screw it!" Let them fight, sick of this happening over and over and over again. If there was a war to topple the DPRK, their people would be better off.
That being said, Kim Jong Un would have to start the war. None of that preemptive strike crap again.
Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 06-04-2013, 13:04:09 »
annual military exercise
If you were a 29 year old despot with an unsteady hold on your power, wouldn't you  get nervous?
Funnily enough, this annual military exercise is business as usual (yes, militaries do exercise) and no more threatening than any other before it. Usually, if you are going to stage an invasion you rarely announce the timing and the forces that will take part beforehand (unless you are a Clanner doing a batchall).

Wouldn't you exercise if your neighbour happens to be a dictatorship that has among other things shelled civilian targets and sank your warship while technically under armistice? Don't remember South Korean/US forces doing similar things. Also, don't remember South Korea or the US declaring that "war is inevitable" or threatening to conduct pre-emptive nuclear strikes.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
18 banned pictures from North Korea.
« Reply #319 on: 11-05-2014, 01:05:27 »

Restriction: inhabitant too badly clothed to be photographed.

Waiting for the bus. Pyongyang.

It is forbidden to show monuments in an everyday environment. The carpets at the Teapdong River are such an everyday environment.

Pyongyang street life.

Roadworks.

Computer usage in north Korea. Note that it is off.

Sleeping soldier at the roadside.

Photography of the audience is fobidden.

Renovation works.

Kaesong, historic center.

Soldier working on a farm.

Street hawker.

You can only guess whether he is going to eat it.

Malnutrition. Hamhung.

Children seeing escalators for the first time.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 11-05-2014, 13:05:09 »
Nice pics, Dukat. What's the context?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 11-05-2014, 14:05:25 »
I am actually amazed they let in Toyota and Lexus cars there. Don't this people hate the Japanese for what they do during occupation and the fact that they are capitalist pigs?

And it is sad to see the street hawkers there. It must be forbidden and difficult for them to sell things.

Look at what they sell: all things are for lighting fire! How basic! The first discovery of mankind: fire!

And that computer and escalator is actually quite shocking. They did allow such things there.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 11-05-2014, 22:05:56 »
Nice pics, Dukat. What's the context?

The pictures have been taken by french traveller Eric Lafforgue who visited North Kortea multiple times since 2008 using a tourist visum. Accordingly to the article, the picture with the sleeping soldier at the roadside was the final reason for his denied entry nowadays.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 11-05-2014, 22:05:44 »
Ah, thanks. So he was taking pics secretly (since you write for example that photography of the audience is prohibited)? Did he publish them in a magazine as well, or just on his own site?

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 11-05-2014, 23:05:14 »
I have little info. The article states that Lafforgue is a frenchman from Toulouse who travelled North Korea on his own to get his very own impression of it. He must have had a guide who told him what pictures to take and which not. Apparently, he took the pictures either way, which got him banned in the end. There is no link given to a website, the photes are published with the article of a german magazine, but a google search does the trick:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mytripsmypics/sets/72157604812751507

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2611998/Bizarre-lifestyle-North-Korean-women-convinced-burgers-local-treat-Lady-Gaga-MAN.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-Lafforgue/253083980614

http://www.politicaltours.com/photography/eric-lafforgue-2

Edit:// This must be the series I took the pictures from:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624164/North-Korea-Starving-people-child-labourers-dilapidated-homes-appear-harrowing-new-images-taken-inside-rogue-state.html

« Last Edit: 11-05-2014, 23:05:15 by Dukat »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 11-05-2014, 23:05:15 »
Thanks, I know Google ( ;)) but I thought you posted them here because you read some magazine maybe. Thanks for the extra info!  :)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 19-05-2014, 01:05:52 »
I could imagine the sleeping solder getting executed... :(