Author Topic: Cannot retrieve account  (Read 1239 times)

Offline N1xX

• View Profile
Cannot retrieve account
« on: 09-12-2016, 17:12:27 »
I can't login into my FH2 account, after typing my nickname and password there is infinite "Connecting to account server" and spinning teddybear screen and game stops responding.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot retrieve account
« Reply #1 on: 09-12-2016, 23:12:49 »
Have you tried connecting through the FH2 Launcher?

You can try with your old account data, and if that doesn't work, select <None> and then make a new one.

Offline Nahomag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-04-2017, 09:04:49 »
Lets bump this topic a bit  ;D
Same problem here. After trying to retrieve old account there is infinite "Connecting to account server". Any chances of retrieve old account rather creating a new one?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-04-2017, 15:04:16 »
I wouldn't know of any means to do so, but I'll ask in the dev/testerteam if someone knows a solution.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-04-2017, 21:04:59 »
OK, so I asked and the reply was: "it looks as something blocking their connection to the server, so resetting accounts is not going to help".

So I guess you have to check if a firewall, an antivirtus program, or something else is blocking traffic between your PC and the server. If you are on a network, make sure that traffic is forwarded to you and not to someone else's PC.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-04-2017, 12:04:40 »
I can't login into my FH2 account, after typing my nickname and password there is infinite "Connecting to account server" and spinning teddybear screen and game stops responding.

Had exact same issue a couple of times
A mess up in "C:\Users\username\Documents\Forgottenhp 2\Profiles" can happend IF Pc Hard Frezzes, Crashes -> reboots etc. during gameplay or game loading

After Reboot accounts are missing in FH2 Launcher and can not be retrieved in game.

Sollution is to allways keep a working backup of that "Profiles" folder to replace/overwrite with
When backup is copied into profiles folder. profiles can be selected again in FH2auncher

FH2 Launcher should have a possibility of backing up profile into hdd/usb. !!!!!! :-)

Offline MK96

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-01-2020, 12:01:30 »
Got the same issue on my new device. Any solutions? Got no Firewall active and even tried via old (working) profile folder files of my old PC. I cant make a damn online account..