Author Topic: It was... beautiful  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: It was... beautiful
« Reply #15 on: 27-04-2009, 20:04:00 »
Simply put, flying in FH1 was a lot more fun than now. In FH2 you must rely on tricks and cheap tactics to win the day. Surely that was not the point of the map?

http://www.dice.se/

Check if there is a contact mail and sue them, we did all we could

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27-04-2009, 21:04:45 »

http://www.dice.se/

Check if there is a contact mail and sue them, we did all we could

I wasn't aware that Dice made a Kiddy game for the gameboy 1st followed by a racing game whose landscape layout reminds me of BF1942 already.

Lobo is right.  I've never played this map where the germans have failed to cap at least one flag (even for just a few seconds).  I'd say its certainly one of the best maps in the mod.

However, that is exactly how the first version of that map played. And that is a bit hackneyed, if you ask me. In the very early crete germans usually managed to cap one flag before the british rush came from the remaining 5 flags, nailing the germans on their position with all sorts of tanks and guns.

But well, most of the time they even manage to cap at least 2 flags. That is already an improvement.
« Last Edit: 27-04-2009, 21:04:31 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27-04-2009, 23:04:20 »
you told it, the first version. Crete 2.15 works, and we all have seen axis won this map more than one and two times.

Axis can't win FH1 Crete unless the british team is a bunch of drunken friends celebrating a stag party with the hookers over the kness

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28-04-2009, 00:04:46 »
you told it, the first version. Crete 2.15 works, and we all have seen axis won this map more than one and two times.

Axis can't win FH1 Crete unless the British team is a bunch of drunken friends celebrating a stag party with the hookers over the knees

Dunno about you but I wouldn't play computer games if I had a hooker on my laps... but that's just me.

Offline hslan.Faust

• View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #19 on: 28-04-2009, 23:04:26 »

Axis can't win FH1 Crete unless the british team is a bunch of drunken friends celebrating a stag party with the hookers over the kness

are you serious?

besides having FH1 planes (nosecam for better overview, much better flying physics & accuracy, no land-to-reload feature), including the dreaded me-110, axis could use the allied tanks and aaa in FH1s 0.7 version of crete. and the british air-defense wasnt nearly as dense as it is in the FH2 version, with only 6 bofors overall (4 concentrated at hill107, and another two at the sunken destroyer at suda bay).

from my personal experience of playing hundreds of hours of both FH1 and FH2 on public servers, i can assure you, that FH1s version was a "walk on the beach" for axis compared to the FH2 version even after the adjustments being done for the FH2.15 version.

and yes, axis can win the FH2 version, i experienced it quite some times even with a full 64 player loadout. it just requires some good teamwork and a bit of luck to be at the right place at the right time. but your comparison with FH1 cant be further away from the truth.
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-04-2009, 00:04:22 »
Ok, then is an initial Alzheimer, because that's my experience with FH1 Crete, boring and a walk in the park for tommies

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-04-2009, 00:04:56 »
Hrrm...I've never been able to win a round as Axis in Fh2 Crete. Then again, I hardly play the map.

The only time I can remember winning as Axis is in Fh1, when it was something like 8 on 4.

Offline hslan.Faust

• View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #22 on: 29-04-2009, 00:04:36 »
Ok, then is an initial Alzheimer, because that's my experience with FH1 Crete, boring and a walk in the park for tommies

well, your enthusiasm about the FH1 version leads to suggest you are not that familiar with that map. and as i said before, it was one of my fav maps, which i played lots and lots of times (mostly equiped with a tommygun fighting between hill107 and the airport).

i can assure you that the winning balance between axis and allies has been quite ordinary on vanilla FH0.7 crete.

and just to add: history tells us that axis won that battle despite heavy losses...
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29-04-2009, 01:04:49 »
Good for you, for me was a borefest of epic proportions.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29-04-2009, 01:04:36 »
FH2's Crete is easier than .7's overall for the Axis in my experience, but as it has been said before this is mostly due to the SL spawn system. In my experience paradropping onto the island is much more difficult than it was in .7, to the degree that a lot of people just try to get around doing it by crashing the Ju52 into the sea and swimming to the island or using other lame tactics.

I think FH.7 had about the right balance in terms of flak- enough that the stukas and Me109s could be dealt with, but if the Ju52 pilot was careful they could still avoid flak and drop troops from a realistic altitude, albeit not directly over most flags.

Offline The Crimson Major

• I'm an Armchair General!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01-05-2009, 05:05:45 »
I'm tempted to say "pics or it didn't happen" but I think that would only make me more sad that this has never happened to me.
sig.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-05-2009, 12:05:54 »
I enterede the game shortly after the beginning, one flag was taken but lost again (I believe it was Chania). After that, taking off became dangerous, as there was a guy in a Chevy who could shoot us all immediately after takeoff, which kind of surprised me.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #27 on: 02-05-2009, 13:05:47 »
Yes, the AA Chevy's are fucking ridiculous, it annoys me alot when I get shot down by a Chevy while taking off.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02-05-2009, 13:05:22 »
They fire blindly at the general direction in hopes of hit indicator?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-05-2009, 14:05:12 »
Someone typed something about fog cheat/hack, but since I don't know anything about that kind of stuff, I wouldn't know if the guy was actually cheating. His fire did seem quite accurate, though: no Junkers could take off and make one turn without getting shot down.