Author Topic: Realism?  (Read 6091 times)

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Realism?
« Reply #45 on: 24-04-2009, 19:04:16 »
Well, the PR guys get suggestions from FH2, too.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f257-v0-85-general-feedback/56404-add-fh2-warning-sign-grenade-traps-mines.html

"Project Reality Message
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: (...) "

It's doesn't seem to be open for the public (oddly enough, shouldn't/aren't their forums also open for guests to read?? You'de assume so...).  Got a working link or is it  strange forum setup that prevents guests from seeing (some) of their forums?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24-04-2009, 19:04:46 »
Weird.

So... grenade traps.

The removal of the minimap and the mine indicator and the addition of the nade trap has left insurgents in quite a pickle, with avoiding getting blown up is a matter of either looking at a map while walking around hoping that the traps are marked (impossible since you only get one marker per person) or studying the ground when you should be studying the american with the m16 rounding that corner over there.

So why not do what FH2 does and let you stick a sign the the dirt where the trap is. Just some regular red sign, not to short but more or less impossible to miss.

This would provide a real world marker, an actual warning on the spot that you should watch your feet for a moment. If you place a sign near an entrance on the insurgent side, i think it's 10 times more likely too actually understand that entrance is trap then without it while still having the same danger too those pesky Americans since on their side there is only a wire.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Ops wrong forum, move to suggestions please... :/

The suggestion is actually not half bad, the system would fit for PRs gameplay.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #47 on: 24-04-2009, 19:04:08 »
Well, the PR guys get suggestions from FH2, too.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f257-v0-85-general-feedback/56404-add-fh2-warning-sign-grenade-traps-mines.html

"Project Reality Message
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: (...) "

It's doesn't seem to be open for the public (oddly enough, shouldn't/aren't their forums also open for guests to read?? You'de assume so...).  Got a working link or is it  strange forum setup that prevents guests from seeing (some) of their forums?
Some sections are, some not. Don't know why.
I can visit the mapping tutorial without logging in but that section needs me to log in.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."