Author Topic: Adding a small "Panic Sprint" while red screened  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
Adding a small "Panic Sprint" while red screened
« on: 02-09-2012, 01:09:02 »
Add an extremely small sprint duration while red screened. Maybe barely 2-3 seconds of sprint, then your stuck with perma-walk.

Why add this? Well seems logical enough for a man just being shot to GTFO of there if he was capable, which in this game, you are.

This will just add survivability to players and will allow players to fall back like a mofo. It balances itself out because if the player uses the med pack once, he'll get red screened (If he's lucky enough) and will bleed out.

Don't tell me this will be OP because almost every player gets insta-killed by a gun and ONLY occasionally get the bleed screen.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a small "Panic Sprint" while red screened
« Reply #1 on: 02-09-2012, 01:09:56 »
This sounds legit. But it depends on wich body part you are hit, though.

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-09-2012, 07:09:48 »
I like this idea as well. It seems reasonable and probably doable too.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-09-2012, 07:09:52 »
Yes, good suggestion. At the moment you get hit and slowly walk away from the MG fire like nothing happened.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-09-2012, 17:09:34 »
Well its already partially ingame.
Right now when you get shot while sprinting, which since last patch means pretty much all the time youre on open ground, you can keep sprinting as long as you dont pause or till you bleed out.
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-09-2012, 17:09:12 »
most of the times I get hit while running I panic and hit the deck asap to avoid another, likely a fatal hit :D

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-09-2012, 18:09:50 »
Well its already partially ingame.
Right now when you get shot while sprinting, which since last patch means pretty much all the time youre on open ground, you can keep sprinting as long as you dont pause or till you bleed out.

Really? Didn't know that... Guess I'll have to use this more often...

But it would be nice if it's possible to add a small "Bayonet Charge!" sprint bar... Because now it feels stupid... Man jogging viciously, ready to poke his enemy with his pointy stick.

Since in the last patch the sprint bar has been rendered obsolete it would be a nice compensation... But I don't know if it's doable in the engine.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-09-2012, 22:09:39 »
Run faster with bayonet equipped? And only bayonet, because unless you have a katana or a saber you will not be charging with say, a Ka-bar.

Just a possibility, also don't know if possible as I know very little about the BF2 engine.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-09-2012, 23:09:49 »

Why add this? Well seems logical enough for a man just being shot to GTFO of there if he was capable, which in this game, you are.

It seems more logical to me, that he'll hit the ground. I don't think that people tend to run after getting shot.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-09-2012, 00:09:10 »
I agree with DaWorg. When you get hit I doubt you're able to sprint right away. Maybe in some cases you can get down, gather power and sprint for a few meters then. But there should be some kind of shock on the impact first that makes you fall to the ground, even when you are full of adrenaline.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-09-2012, 00:09:33 »
I usually ly down to use the field dressing after I get red-screened.

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05-09-2012, 01:09:12 »

It seems more logical to me, that he'll hit the ground. I don't think that people tend to run after getting shot.

Can't really base realistic logic to FH2 because if you drop to the floor in this game, You're a sitting target. Common sense tells a person to get the hell out of there and lick the wound later, if they're not horribly wounded of course. It's insanely easy to kill a dude proned on the floor than a man running around in FH2. Why is this? I blame the BF2 engine devs for not adding a weapon sway.

I usually ly down to use the field dressing after I get red-screened.

Yeah, and while you're proned and dropping the dressing the enemy comes up at you and shoots you in the head. Its horribly flawed on how fearless the players are in FH2 than PR, no-one gives a crap about getting killed because there is no consequence. And the FH2 gameplay doesn't support a harsh spawn penalty. So bottom line, we're stuck with. "Uh-oh, i've been shot in the middle of the hall, i better go prone and dress myself up. Oh wait, who's that running up at me? *Dead*"
« Last Edit: 05-09-2012, 01:09:44 by Cheesus Krighst »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-09-2012, 07:09:42 »
Usually an lafette or an MG red-screens me.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-09-2012, 11:09:44 »

Can't really base realistic logic to FH2 because if you drop to the floor in this game, You're a sitting target. Common sense tells a person to get the hell out of there and lick the wound later, if they're not horribly wounded of course. It's insanely easy to kill a dude proned on the floor than a man running around in FH2. Why is this? I blame the BF2 engine devs for not adding a weapon sway.

But guy who is running around is easier to hit, than one that dropped into cover. Plus, it would be extremly annoying to see someone i just hit with rifle to just sprint away  ;D
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05-09-2012, 13:09:08 »
What happens sometimes and is even more annoying is to see someone walking around a corner despite being hit. Even M1 Garand and K98 are able to perform this.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."