Author Topic: Separating Plane Wings as Individual Vehicles?  (Read 608 times)

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
Separating Plane Wings as Individual Vehicles?
« on: 16-08-2012, 01:08:11 »
Just a small suggestion/question, but is it possible to have each wing of a plane to have its own health bar? And once that wing's health is at zero, it would pretty much get blown off, making the plane spiral uncontrollably to earth.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Re: Separating Plane Wings as Individual Vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: 16-08-2012, 01:08:24 »
It is not.

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-08-2012, 01:08:10 »
That's a bummer.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-08-2012, 01:08:35 »
Now somebody tell some game developer. The idea is great.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-08-2012, 02:08:35 »
If it were a separate vehicle, it CAn be blown off, BUT it wont cause the plane to do anything but to keep flying -- with only one wing. Which is some messed up shit.

take both wings off and you get a flying cigar. Which is totally freaky to behold.

Plane wont care that wings are gone. It knew it was flying before fine - Who cares what that attached vehicle is doing.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-08-2012, 16:08:26 »
Can this be used on ships one day though? Would be cool to have destructible turrets and engineering (maybe if ships had very slow auto repair and if you take out engineering they lose it)...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Herc

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-08-2012, 22:08:28 »
If it were a separate vehicle, it CAn be blown off, BUT it wont cause the plane to do anything but to keep flying -- with only one wing. Which is some messed up shit.

take both wings off and you get a flying cigar. Which is totally freaky to behold.

Plane wont care that wings are gone. It knew it was flying before fine - Who cares what that attached vehicle is doing.

Unless you add Physics wings to the wing vehicles that only provide winglift
And use physics. Wings on the main plane with only flap lift. That way If a wing is destroyed you would lose lift on that side. It might be nessesarily to reduce the bodywing lift so it drops faster. I don't have any experience attaching vehicles to one another this is more in stubbfan or kev4000s area.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-08-2012, 19:08:12 »
It's not possible to have a vehicle with damage system attached to another vehicle, if it was we'd have many cool things like turret and tracks, mg's blown off tanks etc etc. IIRC it was however made possible in bf2142 (well so i heard, i never looked at that game). Of course we could port whole fh2 to bf2142 instead :)...