Author Topic: medals effect!!!!!!  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: medals effect!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 19-09-2011, 02:09:00 »
I'm not even mad. That could have been cool.

I fantasize about weapon unlocks for factions... But I guess it's hardcoded that every faction get the same weapon, and as far as I know, no weapons were used by all parts :/

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Berkolok_Bf42Veteran

• cCc İnci Siker cCc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19-09-2011, 18:09:16 »
I'm not even mad.
why you getting mad ?
cCc Altını Ser Incis İker cCc
Semper Fidelis

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-09-2011, 15:09:45 »
I'm not even mad. That could have been cool.

I fantasize about weapon unlocks for factions... But I guess it's hardcoded that every faction get the same weapon, and as far as I know, no weapons were used by all parts :/

I don't know, whether it is hard coded, since Battlefield 2  has in general a system with weapon unlocks. Other mods (AIX and EoD for example) use the same system of weapon unlocks also dependend on faction (if you play US in EoD you can only unlock american weapons ...). But it would be alot of work and difficult to balance.

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21-09-2011, 01:09:15 »
actually if possible I were totally in favour of giving more mature players some kind of advantage.
especially when it comes down to real newbies taking the most valuable equipment and basically ruining the entire round for one team (e.g. artillery, important planes, king tiger or other valuable tanks)

yet this really needs to be balanced in order to prevent players becoming too powerful and changing gameplay overall (i.e. players only "hunting" after score points). Probably most effective if there was a strong "timing" component, (e.g. players need to have 50h+ experience to take the KingTiger..)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-09-2011, 13:09:43 »
actually if possible I were totally in favour of giving more mature players some kind of advantage.
especially when it comes down to real newbies taking the most valuable equipment and basically ruining the entire round for one team (e.g. artillery, important planes, king tiger or other valuable tanks)

yet this really needs to be balanced in order to prevent players becoming too powerful and changing gameplay overall (i.e. players only "hunting" after score points). Probably most effective if there was a strong "timing" component, (e.g. players need to have 50h+ experience to take the KingTiger..)

That's limiting the freedom of people, and devs DON'T like that. Yes we all hate newbs... But after they took the Tiger for the 10th time and got themselves blown up, they're just gonna give up (or get better :P)

You gotta give them the chance to learn. As for the trolls, there are always admins to take care of them.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline DAzLAYER

• [DLF] Leader
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
« Reply #20 on: 21-09-2011, 14:09:58 »
Missing stats:
Controlpoint captures minus Team Kills
Kill/Death Ratio
Kills/minute
Deaths/minute
Controlpoint captures-TK/minute
Medal Points/Round

Taken from bftracks.net

Also:
Teamplay score/min
Combat score/min

Stuff you don't have to waste shitloads of time to have good stats in. Also easier to compare players with different playtime using these.

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-09-2011, 15:09:58 »

That's limiting the freedom of people, and devs DON'T like that. Yes we all hate newbs... But after they took the Tiger for the 10th time and got themselves blown up, they're just gonna give up (or get better :P)

You gotta give them the chance to learn. As for the trolls, there are always admins to take care of them.

well in my opinion that just ruins allot of rounds (e.g. the 10 tigers lost) and destroys the gaming experience for all others.

yes, they should have a chance to learn, i guess that is what singleplayer is for? or unpopulated servers?

finally, server admins are rare and they really can't intervene if some noob takes the tiger the 10th time or takes the AT-Kit just to hide somewhere and not engage tanks..

just my 2 cents..  ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-09-2011, 17:09:07 »
yes, they should have a chance to learn, i guess that is what singleplayer is for? or unpopulated servers?
No. SP is there for people who can't play online. And I don't know if you ever tried it, but it is totally different from MP online. Some stuff you can practice, yes, like not crashing a plane into the terrain, but how to play the game properly is learned by playing online. Unpopulated servers are totally not useful. How can you learn to shoot enemies when there are none?

Try to remember your first games, would you have liked it if people would have told you to go play SP or leave the server or anything? No. I'd like new players to feel welcome in this community, not being told off by self-appointed veterans.

Offline Mobilis_in_Mobili

• VC Firefly & Achilles Crew Apply Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-09-2011, 21:09:37 »
I'm surprised no one has the Tanker Gold award at this time... any bugs there (or specific tanks types light, medium, or heavy armor)?
Breakfast of Champions: Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Stugs, & Panzerfausts-on-Legs.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24-09-2011, 23:09:36 »
I'm surprised no one has the Tanker Gold award at this time... any bugs there (or specific tanks types light, medium, or heavy armor)?

it is hard not because of the total amount of tank kills, but instead, the time you spend in a tank. 45 minutes(that almost means that your tank cannot die) is damn long for a full server (if you could kill that many enemy tanks probably the round would be over very quickly as your team would gain the decisive advantage).