Poll

More Maps With Objective Mode,s

Yes
54 (93.1%)
No
4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: 03-01-2012, 03:01:08

Author Topic: Poll: Objective Mode  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Sir_Pee_Alot

• View Profile
Poll: Objective Mode
« on: 14-12-2011, 03:12:08 »
I like to see if people want more maps with Objective mode.

and please say how you like it to be
« Last Edit: 14-12-2011, 03:12:12 by Sir_Pee_Allot »

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Objective Mode
« Reply #1 on: 14-12-2011, 11:12:18 »
Certanly yes.
More missions with some fuel dumps or planes to destroy (maybe a conversion of Op Hyancinth) and other interesting stuff like a V2 facility in France/Belgium.
I always liked Essen from secret weapons in Bf1942. It makes the game spicy!

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-12-2011, 12:12:09 »
Battle of Britain... /thread
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-12-2011, 12:12:10 »
Battle of Britain. Destruction of airfields. BFSW had the best objectives. Essen, Mimoyeques...FH also had some awesome objectives (Bombing the Reich <3 and the american/german daylight bomb-the-factories map from a TDP mappack...)
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-12-2011, 12:12:26 »
it was called Operation big week , I think.
And yes, big bombing maps FTW!

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-12-2011, 16:12:13 »
Voted yes. We (read I) need Coral Sea .... nowz.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-12-2011, 16:12:40 »
2 Guys must be crazy. Ofcourse we need such maps. How often was a official remake of BoB suggested? I can't even count it anymore. But as we all know, it takes alot of time.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-12-2011, 16:12:14 »
Certanly yes.
More missions with some fuel dumps or planes to destroy (maybe a conversion of Op Hyancinth)
^ this ;)

+ some other maps which pops up relatively rare on the server could benefit from objective mode (like Anctoville?) also map like battle of britain in the future and some objective map on the eastern front in the closer feature :P

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-12-2011, 17:12:37 »
Certainly yes.

Objectives make players work together more.

But obviously, many players missed a lot of objective-hidden rewards, such as when special vehicle spawned after a certain flag position is captured. Let's say, a map where each team are fighting for vantage point, we should reward any team that captured the vantage point a special bonus, such as spawning artillery batteries or SP Howitzers.

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-12-2011, 13:12:02 »
Certainly yes.

Objectives make players work together more.

But obviously, many players missed a lot of objective-hidden rewards, such as when special vehicle spawned after a certain flag position is captured. Let's say, a map where each team are fighting for vantage point, we should reward any team that captured the vantage point a special bonus, such as spawning artillery batteries or SP Howitzers.

Or pink Barbie King Tigers!  :P

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-12-2011, 14:12:12 »
Affermativo!  ;D
Would love to have destroyable fuel dumps / radio towers etc as objectives [only]. Have never been able to play Hyacinth with its objective mode  :-[

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16-12-2011, 08:12:20 »
I would like it too :) Feels more fresh and fun than standing near mysterious flagpole to claim ownership of an invisible bubble...  8)

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16-12-2011, 09:12:42 »
But i dont like maps with forced "objective mode" ,  like PDH now  :P . Hyacinth in other hand , is playable and very fun map .

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16-12-2011, 12:12:02 »
I've always had this dream of seeing a new uber version of.. wait for it... Alpenfestung TWO! made in objective mode.

With an underground secret weapons factory dominating the second section of the map, from which all the German toys are spawned, with their static parked/ uncompeted versions being objectives to destroy, and the final one being the closing of Metal Gear Solid, The Ratte defended by among other things, 2 Maus and at least one ME262, that requires the ever increasing arsenal of the allies as they cap flags, to destroy it.

The battle evolves from the chunky defenses of bunkers in open fields and AT guns, to low stony walls, and finally, the factory.

The setup will be such that the Ratte cant be destroyed head-on while its in the factory, but needs to brought out in the open (Both sides need this because the Germans will bleed fast until one of the former bases can be recapped, and the Yanks and British special forces need this to bomb it from the sky or hit it from the rear.

The factory fighting will be dark, with metal pillars, stairs, upstairs rooms and parked vehicles, the key ones like the King Tigers, Sturntigers and take-off bar for such things as the Nater and V1 etc etc that need to be destroyed.

You get German vampir pickup kits for infantry and scoped STG44s with such tech in that area, with the Allies firing mostly blind.

I also wish some maps in conquest will be objective in 64 size - Like Hyacinth, Battle of Britain etc. So that people know objective gameplay can work alongside.

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19-12-2011, 19:12:09 »
That doesn't really sound like FH2 but rather FHSW. :P

Yes for obejctive mode! I liked it since the release of 'Battle of Britain', it brings in some variety in your usual conquest gameplay.