Author Topic: Hi all! Back from the dead!  (Read 367 times)

Offline [40-1]Status_Quo

• View Profile
Hi all! Back from the dead!
« on: 12-11-2017, 08:11:27 »
Hi guys,

Not here to register or anything, but I saw some [F|H] tags running around on our [40-1] server and this made wonder.. could it be the same F|H is used to take part in back in the BF1942 mod days!?

Turns out you are still going stronk! Good to see that!

I used to play in the campaign, must have been in 2004/2005 or so, yes ancient times. I had to stop playing because of availability issues, I joined the army back then, otherwise I think I would have been around for years to come.

Wondering if Dutch and HerrKreutz are still around? Are they? Dutch used to be the big cahoona and supreme leader when I was around, a very dedicated man so I would not be surprised if he is still here.

Also I used to have a squadleader (allied team) I can't remember his gamertag but his first name was Marko and he is from Serbia, as I recall he was into conceptart and game design.

I am fairly sure my handle back then was SirHinkel or Hinkel, something like that, could also have been Shermanator (no not the youtuber, he was still in diapers back then! :D )I was a kid back then and didn't care about branding, so I changed my name all the time, but the more I think of it it was probably SirHinkel or Hinkel

Would love to get in contact with these guys!

Anyway, good to see you are still around, you have a good thing going!

Greetings,

Status Quo

[edit] I think I remember Marko's gamertag, it was ActionMan I believe?
« Last Edit: 12-11-2017, 08:11:45 by [40-1]Status_Quo »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all! Back from the dead!
« Reply #1 on: 12-11-2017, 10:11:23 »
Forgotten Hope and Forgotten Honor are separate entities thought, you might want to go and say hi there too because people might recognize you better there.  :)

Offline [40-1]Status_Quo

• View Profile
Re: Hi all! Back from the dead!
« Reply #2 on: 12-11-2017, 10:11:46 »
Forgotten Hope and Forgotten Honor are separate entities thought, you might want to go and say hi there too because people might recognize you better there.  :)

Thanks for the reply Flippy, you are right, early morning post so the sleep must have still been in my eyes!  ::)

Forgotten Hope is still awesome though, FH for BF1942 is what got me into more hardcore realism FPS, been at that for 12 years now so it's safe to say the mod had a lasting influence on my life in that respect.

Keep up the good work!