Author Topic: Op. Goodwood 2.25 bug  (Read 7321 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Op. Goodwood 2.25 bug
« Reply #15 on: 13-01-2010, 06:01:07 »
I thinnk you can leave them in for humans, after all, bots still use anti-tank weapons in such maps....

Sure there's no way of getting them in for bots? Especially falaise. For me, once infantry can pathmap fine and tanks can at least get to the center of town once in a while, it works for me. I can imagine Anctoville will be quite a bitch to navmesh with its narrow streets, but I think any rough for tanks will still work, since tanks are supposed to be a secondary thing in that map.

For Falaise, its another thing, since that's one of the large aspects of the battle. Maybe if the tanks would move around only in open spaces and never in narrow areas, could that work? They would still be able to move from one end to the next as long as they can cross the bridge, right? Only they can't cap flags, which is really not a problem i seem

And I hate to sound like a n00b, but where does the train code go exactly?
« Last Edit: 13-01-2010, 06:01:19 by djinn »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13-01-2010, 10:01:11 »
Some stuff guys, sp files for Anctoville, Falaise Pocket & Op. Totalize.
Anctoville & Falaise are sp inf. only...
:o.........*rubs eyes and checks the screen again*...HOLY SNAPPIN' DUCKSHIT!!! That was a short wait!  :D

It never rains, it pours, eh? If Anctoville and Falaise are half as good as Goodwood-16 (see other thread), I'm in inf-only heaven... :)

...What do you guys think, should I leave vehicles in (for human fun), or take them out?..
I won't use them if the bots don't, but on the bigger maps I reckon vehicles are a must.

Is is possible to modify the maps to make them more bot-friendly? Like widening gaps in fences and removing certain statics altogether (esp. in built up areas)?

But a tiny cog in the massive FH machine. ;D
Ah, but nevertheless......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0

8)

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-01-2010, 17:01:15 »
One question the Churchill in Op Totalize isnĀ“t ready for SP??

when i enter it it CTD

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-01-2010, 17:01:36 »
Yes it is. Both 6 pdr. and 75 mm Churchill are not ready. There are also several equipment that is not ready (like SemoventeL40, some of the Panzergrau-ed vehicles, and so on), i forgot them all, since it was like 2 months ago that i checked them out (now that the 2.25 is out, there must be a lot of changes).
« Last Edit: 13-01-2010, 17:01:29 by ZooMotorpool »

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13-01-2010, 17:01:17 »
Its great that Winterhilf gives us the SP files for the maps i saw the post at work an wow great. now i can test the maps with bots ;D i only miss Lebisey at the moment  8 ;)
but we will see^^

mfg kacklabbe

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-01-2010, 22:01:20 »
Is is possible to modify the maps to make them more bot-friendly? Like widening gaps in fences and removing certain statics altogether (esp. in built up areas)?
It won't work, the complexities are part of the charm of FH2 maps & I need to work round this best I can.
But still provide a decent sp experience. Hate taking vehicles out, like I said, it's a last resort.

@Djinn, objects_vehicles_server.zip/vehicles/train/de/wr360c14/wr360c14_europe

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13-01-2010, 23:01:36 »
thanks alot... I also noted that the AI comander in Totalize tells the Germans to attack the British uncap base

Can such commands be removed, not just from Totalize, but from all other maps where the defenders are commanded to attack enemy uncaps or defend their own uncap - It screws with the bots ability to follow a team strategy and gets them idling.

Offline kacklabbe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14-01-2010, 18:01:10 »
I played Op Totalize in SP on British side i captured the Factory after that i want to capture the Windmill after it start to capture i had a CTD. An after 20min of Playing Ancoville it crashs

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14-01-2010, 18:01:36 »
Can such commands be removed, not just from Totalize, but from all other maps where the defenders are commanded to attack enemy uncaps or defend their own uncap - It screws with the bots ability to follow a team strategy and gets them idling.

It is tough decision.

I experimented with both (making the bots attack uncap-able base in push map and making them not to attack it).

The thing is, it affects their spawning behavior. Take Bardia or Fall of Tobruk as an example.

Making the bots attack uncap-able enemy base

Bots will spawn directly at flags/base/post 'neighbour-linked' to the uncap-able base, and advance forward.

It looks pretty bad if you are in defending team, the commander will immediately issue an attack order. And instead of eagerly waiting for enemy in their defensive positions, to create realistic atmosphere, the bots charged the enemy as if they are in the upper wind situation. But it is still good to see most of your comrades spawn in the defensive position instead of all-over the maps randomly without knowing what to do. Because they usually picked the closest spawn point, next to the attack location.

However, it looks awesome if you are in the attacking team, since they seemed to counter-attack your move. And when you have wiped out their attack wave, the second spawning wave, will be on position when you attack, forming an unintentional defending initiative until their flag is attacked.

Disabling the bots from attacking the uncap-able base

It is done by one-way linking the uncap-able base to the flag next to it. So only, the attacking team can order an attack there, while the defending team do not know what to do.

The defending bots will spawn anywhere around the map without clear pattern/behavior or even destination, because at this point the commander won't issue an order. They will react only after the enemy has endangered one of their flags, then they'll start sending forces there (which is mostly too late).

The attacking bots will likely to overwhelm any posts and face little to moderated resistance, since there is less likely a concentration of forces there (bots spawn randomly, and without orders until attacked).

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14-01-2010, 19:01:44 »
Hmm...good point

I guess it works well in Luttich then since it has bases spread out in a more horizontal layout to the axis of attack so having the Americans attack might just as well leave either the farm or the Church completely isolated,

I guess some maps should have both-directional attack then... such as PHl which is sad at the begining since the Americans cap the first three bases with only scant if any resistance at all

In Fall, Tobruk, however the non-attack works fine since bots tend to spawn at the frontline bases anyway.

In some other maps, like Mersa Matru and Siege, Tobruk, that system is just screwed up because bots are asked to defend, and they may just as well defend the frontline bases as the much as their main uncap base - Funny enough, I think both maps will do with a one-directional attack commander AI since they both follow the spread-out horizontal front.

I think it would then be best as a case by case basis, and double-assualt commanders works fine in Totalize, come to think of it...

I tried to see what the fighter-bomber FW190 and Typhoon will do to a tank so I got in one and rode into clear line of fire, but they flew right past me as though I didn't exist - a bot jumped into the hull mg position, so its not like they can't see mobile vehicles. But I sure didn't get them using rockets or bombs

Also, the Germans are so aggressive, I found it impossible on the 3 occasions I played Totalize to cross the river to cap any base as Canadians. Those Jerries are just darn tough :-)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 15-01-2010, 07:01:57 »
I think I broke my Goodwood-64... :-\

I still get CTD's, not as often, but what bothers me is more is the tankers.

The Brits charge forward with a 'we-eat-nails-for-breakfast' attitude, blasting the shit out of everything that moves.

While the Germans are like "What's this lever do?". Two out of three don't make it over the rail, some are shot, some just to and fro in the middle of the paddock. Half of the ones that do cross the rail get halfway to Le Mes, then turn around and head back to Grenth...

Worst of all, the German tanks WON"T SHOOT!!!...(shells that is, MG's are fine).

I chased a Panther from the underpass next to Grenth. almost all the way to Le Mes., he was aiming at me the whole way. I even rammed him a couple of times trying to piss him off, but he wouldn't shoot... >:(

Has anyone else seen this?

@Winterhilf: I posted screenies of some bugs on Totalize here (BFSP is more multi-attachment friendly)... http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14737

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15-01-2010, 10:01:47 »
Tried it myself. The Germans DID fire at British tanks.. but yer, they seemed loathe to do and alot less Brit tanks got destroyed than German tanks

Perhaps it has to do with the AI template rather than something about the map. Tanks cross the rail crossing perfectly now and within minutes of the battle, the tiger is already in play - Even with their lack of willingness to kill, the Germans do lauch strong counterattacks on all British positions.

I do wonder though, does it mean it no longer requires capturing of Cagney in order to spawn? And any chance it could be the King Tiger, since this is the only map it features in?

« Last Edit: 15-01-2010, 10:01:15 by djinn »

Offline anglosaxon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27-01-2010, 18:01:33 »
So o grabbed those files.  But where do they go?  They look like files from the server.zip  Am i right?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27-01-2010, 19:01:22 »
Yes it is. Backup your files first, then put the files in the apprioporate locations... I think most are in the server.zip.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28-01-2010, 10:01:29 »
Yeah, all but the one in the info folder go in your server.zip.

It goes here: ...\fh2\levels\operation_goodwood\info