Author Topic: Purple Heart Lane Singleplayer  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Purple Heart Lane Singleplayer
« on: 09-09-2009, 20:09:22 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Natty

• View Profile
Re: Purple Heart Lane Singleplayer
« Reply #1 on: 09-09-2009, 21:09:41 »
In the current version this map has only Coop Mode, please tell us what you think about it.
Singleplayer Mode will come in the next patch, but heavily based or exactly the same as coop I guess.

Winterhilf is the guy in charge of these modes.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-09-2009, 08:09:20 »
The coop was great.

I played as American and German. As American we had a bad time trying the take the 3 first flags, MG34s were supressing me, (AI doesnt get supressed) but in the end, we managed to get trough it.

Later on the Crossroads, i was playing at german and we were attacking the American captured Farm, i had some fun untill i closed it.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-09-2009, 12:09:22 »
This map brings me the "true FH experience"  8)

In 64 version:
As Americans, the German bots rarely man the first un-recap-able 3 flags. But it kinda gives you the "Band of Brothers" feeling, advancing slowly, waiting where the enemy would likely to ambush me and my playing friends at LAN battle (6 human players, all in US team, and 46 bots divided to balance the team). After capturing the next flag, the fighting really begins. There are 3 bots manning the Flak 88 gun position and quite a nuisance for the advancing party. We set up a common flanking tactics and eventually managed to silence the gun.

As we are getting closer to the town, the fighting grew more intense, just like a scripted First Person Shooter game. When the swarming US paratroops cross the open fields, suddenly a grenade is tossed and cracking bullet sound passing by made all of us to hit the dirt. We were pretty much failed in taking the town (those last 2 German flags), so the game ended with killing fest until the enemy's ticket runs out. My friend remarked that "this is truly amazing SP experience! Never expected that BF2 can really tell a story."

Not a map specific suggestion, but the bot seems to love to throw grenades a lot and use riflenades too much. We have to swim to reach the town and managed to cap the flag for a while before getting overran.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-09-2009, 23:09:25 »
Best bot-supported map of 2.2...

[size=14t]However[/size]

German bots never spawn @ the two bases, leaving a lovely MG that could have been a first deadly defense unused

The second base also has an MG nest that goes unused....

The 88 base is actually less used than should be, with most bots spawning somewhere accross the bridge - I only faced the 88 twice in over 24 rounds of playing this particular map

MG nest @ nebelwerfer bae is LOVELY with whithering fire, albeit highly innaccurate

Isolated mg nest also not used.. but I can understand it somewhat since bots don't seem to fan out that much....

[size=14t]in general[/size]
More use of mgs... every single one should be fair game for German bots, but perhaps those facing the wrong way should be locked from Americans to prevent idle use - Save the lafette though :-)

Nebelwerfer, oh how I miss thee

*Still makes for a terrrific load of fun... with some aggressive bots all through, especially when getting towards the orchard

Offline Natty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-09-2009, 11:09:16 »

Nebelwerfer, oh how I miss thee

there is no nebelwerfer in coop??  ???

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-09-2009, 10:09:44 »
Djinn the Nebelwerfer only spawn if the first two or three flags are taken IIRC. It spawns at FJR-6

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29-09-2009, 22:09:59 »
Oh, there IS a nebel... but no one but you can use them and they wont give you targets

Like all arty, the battlefield is populated with only the pop-pop of small arms fire, and the biggest bang you'd get is from a greande... Or here, an 88 HE shell, a sad fact comparing all the fun you'd have running through a barrage in FH1's counterpart

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #8 on: 28-12-2009, 14:12:15 »
play coop yesterday on the 16er. i like the flagareas, its nice to fight around this great village. i dont like the bots nadespam, dunno every bot has 2 nades, and this bastards throw it exactly. i die 12 times, because the nades are raining on me. this little change, and its great.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-03-2010, 12:03:19 »

Now with the nebelwerfer coded to fire and the 88 given more uber-ness with Drawde's patch, I tried this map yesterday...sadly, the spawn points for the Germans in PHL is totally screwed it up. I appreciate trying to make it balanced, but I doubt it will be possible to make all SP-maps balanced for both sides if the player were to play either.

What you have here is Germans who can still defend forever if the player was amongst them inspite of never spawning correctly at the first three bases, and allies who have it too easy taking all flags up to and including the 88 before the battle actually starts. I really wish Winterhilf will change spawn points to make the bots at the 88 base spawn both on the bridge (Which is good for attempted counter-attacks and holding off the attackers) and right next to the 88 otherwise only Americans use it.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #10 on: 20-05-2010, 01:05:08 »
The team specific spawnpoints python code is throwing up errors in this map because its trying to deal with spawnpoints that don't exist in the singleplayer version because it is still using the old spawnpoints.

Offline Natty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-08-2011, 08:08:33 »
sadly, the spawn points for the Germans in PHL is totally screwed it up.

2.4 isnt supporting SP fully at all, for reasons Eat Uranium mentioned, and more. I wouldnt play SP at all in 2.4 if I were you.

Offline Natty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-08-2011, 08:08:40 »

2.4 isnt supporting SP fully at all, for reasons Eat Uranium mentioned, and more. I wouldnt play SP at all in 2.4 if I were you.
I was about to remove all SP from all maps, but had no time. Hopefully it will come back in next patch, as we got a new workflow for the SP dev to work with, he can actually now design for real, not just copy the multiplayer mode.  8)

Offline Natty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-08-2011, 08:08:54 »

I was about to remove all SP from all maps, but had no time. Hopefully it will come back in next patch, as we got a new workflow for the SP dev to work with, he can actually now design for real, not just copy the multiplayer mode.  8)

Offline Natty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-08-2011, 08:08:08 »