Author Topic: Microsoft folds: criticized Xbox One features scrapped  (Read 572 times)

Biiviz

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

*An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

*Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft folds: criticized Xbox One features scrapped
« Reply #1 on: 20-06-2013, 13:06:54 »
Makes me think it was all one big advertising hoax. Now everyone thinks microsoft has heart and listens to its customers. Well played Xbox... Well played.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-06-2013, 13:06:21 »
not sure: it made the PS4 preorders boom because many people no longer considered buying the Xbox One
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-06-2013, 13:06:52 »
Pre-orders can be cancelled and those who were between the two might reconsider again.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-06-2013, 14:06:33 »
Microsoft has heart? Not stating "Oh, the evil companies" here but apart from Bill Gates giving money for good causes I don't think the company does this to show it has mercy with it's customers ^^
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-06-2013, 15:06:34 »
Xbox One-Eighty

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-06-2013, 20:06:28 »
Pre-orders can be cancelled and those who were between the two might reconsider again.

PS4 is still cheaper by $100 and has stronger components, that and PS+ is actually a pretty great deal. I've had both a 360 and a PS3 for the past 6 years and the only thing that kept 360 popular was the Xbox party, being able to socialize was a big plus. I'm still seeing friends who mainly played 360 saying PS4 had won them over and are still saying that since this news has been revealed.

IMHO it was too late for Microsoft to do an Xbox 180. Microsoft always has the option to do a 1.1 patch and slowly patch the DRM back in as features throughout the year after release.

Interview with the lead programmer "Major Nelson" basically saying that it was impossible to change the DRM. And suddenly we've got less drm etc.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3