Author Topic: Anti-aliasing problem  (Read 656 times)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Anti-aliasing problem
« on: 01-10-2011, 00:10:20 »
Hello, Reporter.

After playing a while recently I thought that I would like to have the supression effect back. So I turned off AA and forced it through my NVdia control pannel.

Problem : When I went in game, SURPRISE! No AA at all. Then I went back to the NVdia control pannel, deactivated it for BF2 and FH2, got back in the game, set AA to 8x. Then I joined again to discover that, nope, still no AA.  :(

So I'm stuck with 0x AA, game is really ugly.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT : I didn't read the sticky before going in the control pannel. But now the problem is that it seems that it's still activated :(
« Last Edit: 01-10-2011, 00:10:25 by LHeureux »
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-aliasing problem
« Reply #1 on: 01-10-2011, 01:10:28 »
I'd like to know how the ATI users can get suppression back... So far nothing worked... (forcing the AA in AMD Vision does NOT bring it back),
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-10-2011, 23:10:50 »
I had several problems with tweaking the AA ingame and via the controll panel. I am using a Nvidia Card. I also tried different drivers but there still seem to be some problems. One time a map is working with AA, the next time not. Experienced this sometimes on Totalize, but I don't think it is map specific problem. It mostly occurs, if I am using AA via the Nvidia controll panel. Now I have to use the ingame AA, but ofcourse not all shaders are working, as the near dead effect for example. But the game runs quiet stable and doesn't freeze anymore. I had this problem mostly with newer drivers. I hope with the next patch the problems concerning the AA and the shaders get some priority. All in all the game looks fantastic on maxed out settings but then it is unplayable with my old graphic card.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-01-2013, 22:01:11 »
I've got similar problems, as can be seen in the various help threads that I created. Could someone please look into this?