Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 4th July 2009: Rangers Lead The Way  (Read 31234 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
We also have no FJ which fought at PHL just as much as the 101st.
I agree on the truck.
I don't know what MG you mean, the .30 cal is correct but the bipod version people asked for was only used first in fall 1944, maybe that confused you? As for the .50 cal, I believe that was a reskin of the Vanilla model.
I believe the guy with BAR (MOH soldier) is the generic US infantry.
Agreed, I hope to see atleast 6/7 maps in the final release.
Depends on what map we get, if they only get infantry or smaller tank maps the planes are a bit unneeded and could be added in a later version.
Mobile artillery? Like the Priest or like translation mistake on moveable anti-tank guns? As for the Priest, don't know.. I do would like to see the M18 Hellcat for another tank killer since the Americans could use that alot but Lightning already said it wouldn't be in 2.2.
Agreed, Americans need a howitzer.

Maybe they surprise us with more playermodels or something in the upcoming weeks and show some betatest footage.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Don't get so optimistic, my young padawan learner...

No paratroper model
No American truck
No American Mg (They said the one they showed was not for Normandy, I recall)
Not sure if we have regualr troops
Test maps not released yet - There are only 4 or 5 maps, I recall
No American airplanes
No mobile artillery
No American Arty

no, release eint just over the horizon just yet

We'd know if they got to heavy beta testing to herald its release - Hopefully more screenshots then...

But they DID say later, so sadly, I think you have apoint there :-(

I dont think were gonna get many american airplanes, there wasn't much of a lufftwaffa to fight against i dont think... but yes everything else on the list has still yet to be shown

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
I dont think were gonna get many american airplanes, there wasn't much of a lufftwaffa to fight against i dont think...

The Luftwaffe was crippled, yes, but not dead yet. And there were many, many ground targets to be shot at for Typhoons and other allied aircraft. Also, the bombing campaign wasn't over by far.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Close air support, thunderbolt, p51, that was Normandy...

I honestly thought, once they got the P51 in in 2.2, they'd work on Kasserine Pass, bridging the gap between North Africa and Normandy... Maybe even have battle of Britain...but then again, no German medium or heavy bombers

Offline FactionRecon

• View Profile
I can't even wait anymore.  This is too much.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Them sweet American models doing that to you too, huh? :-)

Biiviz

Don't get so optimistic, my young padawan learner...

No paratroper model
No American truck
No American Mg (They said the one they showed was not for Normandy, I recall)
Not sure if we have regualr troops
Test maps not released yet - There are only 4 or 5 maps, I recall
No American airplanes
No mobile artillery
No American Arty

no, release eint just over the horizon just yet

We'd know if they got to heavy beta testing to herald its release - Hopefully more screenshots then...

But they DID say later, so sadly, I think you have apoint there :-(

No paratroper model - No FJ models either, we might get placeholders for the first release
No American truck - Not that they've shown, remember, not everything in 2.0 was shown either
No American Mg (They said the one they showed was not for Normandy, I recall) - Haven't heard such a statement
Not sure if we have regualr troops - Isn't this guy a regular GI?

Notice how he has no special patches on his shoulders and helmet. Also, his pants are green unlike the brown Ranger pants
Test maps not released yet - There are only 4 or 5 maps, I recall - True, but we don't know how many to expect, and we certainly don't know how finished the WIP maps are
No American airplanes - Models are made by mappers demand, so if there are no large scale maps, then we won't see planes either
No mobile artillery - True
No American Arty - True

Yes, I know Fuchs already replied but I don't care.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
So regular GIs wore all green? I really thought it was mg-exclusive... Cuz I always see some greyish/brown combination in all other games, movies... including FH1

It would be nice to get 2.2 too soon - But without a few more maps and more accesaries, I think people would jump headfirst into it, play it a couple of days and start to get bored, and screaming at the devs again

Biiviz

So regular GIs wore all green? I really thought it was mg-exclusive... Cuz I always see some greyish/brown combination in all other games, movies... including FH1

It would be nice to get 2.2 too soon - But without a few more maps and more accesaries, I think people would jump headfirst into it, play it a couple of days and start to get bored, and screaming at the devs again

Hell, I don't know. I just know he's dressed different than the Rangers.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
NICE... another Ww2 fan, non-WW2 buff sich as myself - Your honesty is refreshing

I do hope a dev would clear this up.. ARE there regualr GI's in it, and what do each variant of the models represent? No educated guess please... You know it or don't, the devs told you or they didnt

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
NICE... another Ww2 fan, non-WW2 buff sich as myself - Your honesty is refreshing

I do hope a dev would clear this up.. ARE there regualr GI's in it, and what do each variant of the models represent? No educated guess please... You know it or don't, the devs told you or they didnt

This is what I mean about a more open dialog with the devs. It would make everyone a lot happier and make the wait go by a lot easier.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
About the paratrooper models:
After PHL was released I talked to him on IRC and he emntioned that "some player models are modelled after the guy who played Winters in BoB". That was after I asked him if we would get airborne and FJG models for his map. He said however that the outlook wasn't good for FJG models.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile

This is what I mean about a more open dialog with the devs. It would make everyone a lot happier and make the wait go by a lot easier.

My past experience with modding is that stuff often gets added and cut all the time during development, which means that it's hard to give a definite list of "what's in the mod"

Offline [CHN]Harrier

• View Profile
any news update tonight? It has been a week since last "come back late".

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
I hope they show a map, those are always the nicest updates.