Author Topic: 2.45/Fail compilation (Video)  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: 2.45/Fail compilation (Video)
« Reply #15 on: 15-05-2013, 21:05:18 »
Ideally yes, but the devs can only use the angle mod that is already present in BF2 and it works like that. Basically the damage is reduced to 0 which makes it the same as if it didn't penetrate at all.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-05-2013, 21:05:04 »
That's not hundred percent right Jan, but I don't want to go that much into detail.

What defenetly needs a tweak is Panzerfausts bouncing off from angled faces, because that is just nonesense.

Skimming the video I'm actually not sure if that is the case. When angle mod kicks in, you get a hitmarker, but no or only little damage. In the video there aren't even hitmarkers, which would indicate that the hits don't even register. That would point to a hitbox issue. Also, many of the vehicles seem to be driving when it happens, so maybe the hitboxes lag or something of the sort? Anyway I'll let people more knowledgable ont he subject figure it out, it's just the impression I'm getting.

You can see that he almost always gets hitmarkers mostly on Cromwells or Shermans, where those bugs with the Faust occure very often. There is simply no reason why this weapon is dependend on the angle. Cromwell is a fast moving vehicle, so I will give you this point, but those standing Shermans and hitmarkers without damage is just off and too much of buginess.

What I quite often get too are those shots that seem to go through a vehicle. but I can't explain them either.

I think Kev did some changes to the damage drop off or multiplyer and we tested it once. It was better but still not the result that I wanted to see. Atm it doesn't matter how I postion my tank over long range, except it has strong and sloped armor like the Panther or Jagdpanther. I almost always need two shots to the side or front or rear, no matter where I hit it. And yeah, most german guns are too weak. 2 Pounder and M36 aren't fine either. But this is an old story and well known now.

Nevertheless it is not the way it should work.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-05-2013, 22:05:04 »
Yeah I don't claim it is how it should be  ;D

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15-05-2013, 22:05:57 »
This is sooooo 100% 2.45. Thank you hopefully something will be changed!

Offline Major.von-blitzwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15-05-2013, 23:05:08 »
Speaking of which, i couldn't help to notice how superior the bazooka is to the panzerschreck now, as a german i always ditch my schreck for a zooka, i've tried many times from different angles and i am not able to take a sherman out with 1 shot of the schreck, i wonder if this is intended or just that 88s (which i think panzerschrecks are) are more prone to disagree with anglemod. Christie.front.drive said something about a bigger round may have larger surface to interact with anglemod on, if its coded that way it seems logical.

http://youtu.be/wpUCOSCEOjg?t=10s

http://youtu.be/aVkWDaTkLLw This was recorded when 2.45 had just been released so i was very confused.
http://youtu.be/KfJqhUauVgQ
James Bond montage (Forgotten Hope 2)

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16-05-2013, 00:05:39 »
painful to watch  :-\
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16-05-2013, 00:05:39 »
2:06min
"Die Gotkai"??? Not nice Blitzwolf, not nice.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16-05-2013, 00:05:55 »
2:06min
"Die Gotkai"??? Not nice Blitzwolf, not nice.

Hahaha, what you don't know is that you ran me over like 10 times in a row, and i always failed to kill you!

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16-05-2013, 01:05:38 »
Something else i notice is how far off the sights are!  Now I think this is dont to prevent zook sniping< but I think it could be touched up alittle.  Especially since all other weapons are as acturate as hell.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16-05-2013, 11:05:20 »
It doesn't happen at all as often with faust 60m, i don't think there's a single clip with a faust 60m in there actually.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16-05-2013, 13:05:50 »
If the fail is in lack of proper aiming skills then I agree... Otherwise, where's the fail here?

Ok I admit some shots were a bit stupid, but nothing that can't be explained by dodgy hit detection and few angle mod quirks... Oh, yeah the Shermans are bugged, but everyone already knows that...

Then let me lecture you, the fail is that is didnt go as intended. There, you can thank me later.

Anyhow, i laughed my ass off with the music.  ;D

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16-05-2013, 14:05:00 »
Look how often the Sherman-drivers bail. I don´t know what further proof anybody needs to see that 2.45 was a total disaster. This is no good gameplay. Now some might say: "2.4 was aim and kill and no fun for the tankers." Well look at this shit. How is this fun for the Infantry AT class and AT-gun crews? You outsmart the opponent and get "rewarded" with a death.

And yes, ingame the Bazooka takes only 2 hits to finish Panthers. It´s better than the Panzerschreck...
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #27 on: 16-05-2013, 14:05:36 »
I'd just like to point out that 0:45 was definitely an aiming fail.  A Pz3 has 50mm rear armour (the same as the front), you have to hit them in the side.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16-05-2013, 15:05:42 »
I'd just like to point out that 0:45 was definitely an aiming fail.

Absolutely, im poking just as much fun at myself as i am 2.45

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-05-2013, 15:05:58 »
Nice vid. Although I have the occasional angle-mod issue it's never this much (or you just play an unhealthy amount of FH...). And somehow I never seem to be in a tank at the receiving end of these kind of fails... :-(

Tip: you might want to change the title of your video to something like 'Forgotten Hope 2 angle mod fail" or "FH2.45 tanking fail", cuz it's not the whole of FH2 that's failing here, just one aspect. (sorry, as much as I like your motivations behind this video, my heart is with FH2 and can't stand to see my precious get any bad publicity ;-) )

FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.