Author Topic: 2.45/Fail compilation (Video)  (Read 3163 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: 2.45/Fail compilation (Video)
« Reply #45 on: 11-06-2013, 00:06:09 »
You know what guys, I don't think that the abilty to "luckily" survive impossible shots is that kind of an issue anymore. The way I see it it's kind of realistic, tanks didn't go up in flames every time, and many tankers survived with as much as 6 tanks shot under their feet...

But there's one important difference... IRL when they got penetrated they tried to get out of there as fast as they could while the situation in FH 2 is quite different now, there is a distinct lack of urgency when another tank is shooting you, instead of trying to retreat or bail out people usually casually try to fire back, and with the annoying quirks of angle-mod often manage to win in situations they wouldn't possibly be able to in real life.

The way I see it, we need the "bleed-out" timer for vehicles back in FH 2 (IIRC it is in vBF2) and this was already mentioned before. I would like too add, maybe beef up the "concussion" effect too, right now it's just a loud CLANK! but it doesn't really hinder you that much.  With those two additions I believe tanking would become much more challenging both for the hunter and the prey.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11-06-2013, 07:06:05 »
But there's one important difference... IRL when they got penetrated they tried to get out of there as fast as they could while the situation in FH 2 is quite different now, there is a distinct lack of urgency when another tank is shooting you, instead of trying to retreat or bail out people usually casually try to fire back, and with the annoying quirks of angle-mod often manage to win in situations they wouldn't possibly be able to in real life.
Damn... All this time I have tried to be a Realist and hop out of the tank before it blows up.  :P
Quess I have to rethink my strategy.
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11-06-2013, 14:06:50 »
We'd like to hear that instead.  Putting people down like that...only pushes them away... I don't think that's the right attitude for such a small tight community Slayer.  The players would like to know that someone in the dev team actually has their back and stuff will improve.  Messages like that, only convey an attitude of dismissal.
Hey, relax, man. Can't you see through some sarcastic joke? I'm not putting people down. I was just thinking aloud about the same stuff happening over and over again in these forums. And besides, I'm not a dev.

Let's turn it around: let's say you are a new player, and you come here to visit and read the forums to see what this mod is about. Would you like to read 25 threads with complaints about tanks and a myriad of stories which, although they are of course all true (I really don't doubt that - I mean, enough evidence), are kind of overextending the subject. It has been discussed to death, to resurrection and to death again.

The devteam has said they will look into it, but since dev numbers are limited, it takes a lot of time. And everytime I read something like this here, it seems like you guys don't understand that and it makes me sad.

It's a bit like this:
1) post is made in x-th tank thread
2) group of people thinks "hey, yes, that's right I had a weird encounter with a tank too!"
3) they all post it
4) silence

Some weeks/months go by, repeat at 1. This gets really tiring. I know, the ideal solution would be that it was already fixed and released, but that's simply not the case. So please, stop repeating yourselves.

And please, look further than just your idea of my "dismissal of people", as it is simply wrong.

@ Christie: you all made it crystal clear, like 50 times. That's enough and repeating it won't help. Reporting bugs is good, even necessary, but this is becoming a perpetuum mobile. Like I said, devs are aware of it. Let's just hope there will be enough manpower for the devs to fix this anytime soon, rather than digging up this subject again and again.

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11-06-2013, 16:06:40 »
Let's turn it around: let's say you are a new player, and you come here to visit and read the forums to see what this mod is about. Would you like to read 25 threads with complaints about tanks and a myriad of stories which, although they are of course all true (I really don't doubt that - I mean, enough evidence), are kind of overextending the subject. It has been discussed to death, to resurrection and to death again.

I agree, but I do believe, that newbies don't read forums when they start playing a mod. I didn't, when I started.
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #49 on: 13-06-2013, 22:06:13 »

And please, look further than just your idea of my "dismissal of people", as it is simply wrong.

@ Christie: you all made it crystal clear, like 50 times. That's enough and repeating it won't help. Reporting bugs is good, even necessary, but this is becoming a perpetuum mobile. Like I said, devs are aware of it. Let's just hope there will be enough manpower for the devs to fix this anytime soon, rather than digging up this subject again and again.

The problem is, that in a restaurant you do not eat your oversalted soup until the bowl is empty. Hoping that the chef will figure it out by himself and at some point fix it.

The oversalted soup is ruining the whole evening for you. Everytime you go there to have a nice meal and a pleasant evening. You see less and less people eat at that place because of the oversalted soup and move on to other restaurants.

So you will respectfully send it back to the chef to let him know that there is something wrong with it. If necessary you send it back every time you eat there, because all in all you like the restaurant and would like to keep eating there. So you respectfully give the chef feedback until the soup is edible.

There have been some chefs in the past, who said that they do not care how people like their soup because they are chefs, they know best what people would and should like to eat. Overall, even with all the other good recipes they cooked, they did not do much good to their restaurant.
« Last Edit: 13-06-2013, 22:06:49 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 13-06-2013, 22:06:40 »
.....right? Personally I don't like salt in my soup either. It kind of just sinks to the bottom of the bowl, it's much better on something solid. Then again it depends on the type of salt and soup.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13-06-2013, 22:06:24 »
Lol. Korsakov our chemical expert  ;D

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14-06-2013, 13:06:54 »
At this point when salt is gathering at the bottom of your soup it is definitely too much.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14-06-2013, 14:06:24 »
You really have to try Zurek. One of the best soups I have ever eaten.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 14-06-2013, 14:06:57 »
Apparently you havent tried Ezogelin soup, perfect for cold winter days.

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #55 on: 14-06-2013, 15:06:18 »
Hahaha after seeing that video I just remembered my awesome encounter vs a Sherman 75mm while driving Tiger. 5 perfectly placed shots some of them even at point blank range(out of frustration), Sherman didn't even burned.  ;D I got my ass kicked after a while. 2.45 tanking and anti tanking sucks but I guess everybody knows that already.

Another superb thing is M1 Bazooka which flies for like 500 meters. If you shoot it carefully, you might even kill people on another flag.  ;)
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 14-06-2013, 20:06:51 »
Dear Odium, I don't know why, but it seems you misunderstand my post(s) for the most part. Maybe I'm not clear enough in what I mean, I'll try one more time.

1) I don't disagree on this with you.
2) I want the tank system fixed, like you and the group I call the usual suspects.
3) I can't fix the system.
4) It's not because of contempt by the devs that this isn't fixed yet, it's by lack of manpower.

The problem is, that in a restaurant you do not eat your oversalted soup until the bowl is empty. Hoping that the chef will figure it out by himself and at some point fix it.
Why is this bold, btw? It comes off as if you're shouting, which is kind of impolite. I understand that you are tired of some stuff, but so am I as you can read in the post you quoted a part of, so please, let's keep this normal.

Also, the comparison is wrong, as the restaurant keeper gets paid to make food, devs don't get paid to make mods. So there is an entirely different motivation at play.

You seem to think all devs and testers are disliking/ignoring you and others on these forums. That is not the case. Just ask Shitmaker and Gotkai how active the internal forums are lately, and you will see that it is indeed lack of manpower. They might even tell you that several testers are happy to help testing the tanksystem to see it fixed (including me).

The "chefs in the past" you use in your comparison are just that: in the past. You seem to be very angry at Ciupita (haven't seen her in a while, don't know why) and Mr Battle Communication (retired). Why keep holding the grudge?

If you and the others really prefer to keep venting your frustrations about all this, again and again, even while you know it is being noted internally, and maybe even worked on (I don't know about that for sure, only devs can tell you that), then please, keep it all in one thread. Thank you.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #57 on: 16-06-2013, 10:06:26 »
Dear Mr. Slayer, maybe I should answer this the way that you answered to one of my last posts.
That should keep it short.

Why is this bold, btw? It comes off as if you're shouting, which is kind of impolite.
Wrong. If I was, I would use capslock. Because I'm 13. ;)

Also, the comparison is wrong, as the restaurant keeper gets paid to make food, devs don't get paid to make mods. So there is an entirely different motivation at play.

Wrong. A (good) restaurant owner does what he does out of enthusiasm as much as out of entrepreneurial concerns. If he did not, he could just open another fast food restaurant. So yes, I am appealing to the developer's incentive to deliver a good game.

You seem to think all devs and testers are disliking/ignoring you and others on these forums.

Hm... no. I know some of both groups and know that they do not hate me. Some responded politely and constructively to our suggestions. But interesting how deep inside you are in my head. I'm getting a bit scared there. :)

The "chefs in the past" you use in your comparison are just that: in the past. You seem to be very angry at Ciupita (haven't seen her in a while, don't know why) and Mr Battle Communication (retired). Why keep holding the grudge?

Wrong. I'm not referring to Ciupita. I do not have a problem with her. And judging from the last exchange of PMs we had, I don't think that she has one with me, either. Keep guessing, if you like, but keep Ciupita out of this.

If you and the others really prefer to keep venting your frustrations about all this, again and again, even while you know it is being noted internally, and maybe even worked on (I don't know about that for sure, only devs can tell you that), then please, keep it all in one thread. Thank you.

Wrong. I don't vent. If I were to vent, you would recognize the difference. But judging from what you presume about my (and "the ominous others' ") intentions, ideas and feelings, please allow me to suggest that you do not understand many of them. Have a nice day, too, Mr. Slayer. :)
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 16-06-2013, 17:06:34 »
Because I'm 13. ;)
Ah, that explains a lot ;) You didn't answer the question, though.

So yes, I am appealing to the developer's incentive to deliver a good game.
OK, I still think your choice of comparison is a poor one.

But interesting how deep inside you are in my head. I'm getting a bit scared there. :)
Please note the word "seem", it means I'm not sure about it :)

Keep guessing, if you like, but keep Ciupita out of this.
I don't see this as a guessing game, I just wrote my impressions about what you meant with "chefs in the past" and since you and some others have been going on about the "Learn how to aim"-thing, I guessed it was still an issue. I can't of course know how it really is, especially when the largest part of your communication about this was in pm. So: I don't like guessing per se, therefore if you could clarify on the "chefs in the past", please do.

But judging from what you presume about my (and "the ominous others' ") intentions, ideas and feelings, please allow me to suggest that you do not understand many of them. Have a nice day, too, Mr. Slayer. :)
OK, so I'm not the only one who needs to work on his communication, at least :)

Glad 1-4 was clear, though. Now please let's continue all "tanks have a problem"-talk in one thread. This one, or any other one. As long as it is one. Thank you.