Author Topic: Are the sights supposed to be like this?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Great Khan

• View Profile
Are the sights supposed to be like this?
« on: 08-05-2018, 21:05:56 »
Okay I know this has been done to death already, so don't burn me please. But I can't seem to find older topics on this using the search feature, so I'll just make another thread. The iron sights just kinda...lag out, I think is the best word to use, when I aim down. I was wondering if it's just a problem with the old engine running on new hardware or is it designed this way?

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
Re: Are the sights supposed to be like this?
« Reply #1 on: 09-05-2018, 01:05:38 »
Can you explain better? I got interested.

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-05-2018, 04:05:55 »
Do you mean on the Mosin carbines? Causes that’s a bug that will be fixed in the next patch

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-05-2018, 11:05:39 »
Great Khan,
if you speak about the mg34, mg42, ...
That's normal, it is to avoid dolphin diving by delaying the aiming (consequently you shoot inaccurately until the zoom have finished )
Unfortunately, bf2 doesn't give us a better way to do that.

Offline Mr.ThunderMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-05-2018, 14:05:23 »
Do you mean on the Mosin carbines? Causes that’s a bug that will be fixed in the next patch

if that's what he meant I've experienced the same (with finnish rifles too), good that it's getting patched!

Offline Great Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-05-2018, 17:05:51 »
No, it happens on all guns, not just the mosin carbines. I know about the machineguns and how they're supposed to be like that, but I'm not talking about that.

It's hard to explain, but basically I press the aim button, and unless I'm not moving my mouse, the transition from hip to aiming is not smooth at all, it's like my mouse just lags out for a moment. This doesn't happen in vanilla BF2 and it does happen in PR as well, but not as severely. I'm just wondering if it's a game flaw I just have to live with or something's wrong on my end?

Offline colores

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-05-2018, 22:05:38 »
Could be for a high ping reason. My aim speed is slow (lagged) all the time with 260 ms of ping. If you plays later on a server with better ping, you see it react mucho more quickly.

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-05-2018, 22:05:45 »
I would guess it's a ping thing yea. Where are you located?

I'm in America and every once in a while my ADS animation would get a bit 'jittery.' There's lots of little issues that you notice especially after playing newer games.

Offline Great Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-05-2018, 17:05:01 »
Yeah, the thing is, I'm in Europe, and my ping is fine, I can move and drive and shoot just fine, but the sights are always jittery when I'm going from hip fire to ADS, no matter what ping I have.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-05-2018, 22:05:23 »
Could you try and record it? Clip could be just 20 seconds or something, but then we all can see what you mean.