Poll

Should the 3. person sight while dead be modified?

Yes, it should be replaced with the 1. person sight.
28 (59.6%)
Yes, replace it with getting directly into the class selection after dead.
4 (8.5%)
Yes, a Blackscreen would be nice.
6 (12.8%)
Yes, other solution.
1 (2.1%)
No, dont change anything.
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: 25-01-2012, 17:01:31

Author Topic: Can you replace the 3. person sight while dead?  (Read 6473 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Can you replace the 3. person sight while dead?
« Reply #45 on: 11-02-2012, 16:02:29 »
Believe me, one guy who doesn't get killed in the rigth moment can make a difference in a whole game. I am talking about some real skilled people like Unique, who exactly knows the mechanics of a map....

Unique may know maps, but also got 2 pcs (1 guy afk in other team).
Yeah some guys are skilled (I'm not really) but unique is not a skilled guy.

Can you stop this senseless discussions please. We all know about what Unique did in the past, but I can ensure you, that he is not playing with two PC's. I played a community match between FIH and 762 members with him, and all I can say is, this guy is simply a damn good tanker, if not the best. Get over it. It's not all about his whoring and spawnraping, he is actually doing. It is simply his skill with tank vs. tank combat. And I bet my money, that he will kick most of us in the ass. It doesn't feel very rewarding without any reason, when you take out his tank. And if he would use two PC's this wouldn't be possible. But it is actually possible to kill him. I killed him on Vossenack with a Wespe at Oberdorf from behind and there are alot of other examples. I think that is enough of explanation. If you want to use this thread to insult someone, you can do this on the 762 forum or on their TS Server. You are welcome for a clearifying debate.

Now back on topic, please. I think the example with the AP mines is quiet good. It is a gameplay feature, that won't work the intended way, because big brother is watching you. Why the hell can't we simply get a better solution, if the players think, that there is room for some tweaks. In fact it influences the flow of the game. It would be much more interesting, when all tactical possiblities could be used more efficient. The maps are quiet choke-pointish, so a bit more freedom couldn't hurt IMO.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12-02-2012, 02:02:16 »
Believe me, one guy who doesn't get killed in the rigth moment can make a difference in a whole game. I am talking about some real skilled people like Unique, who exactly knows the mechanics of a map....

Unique may know maps, but also got 2 pcs (1 guy afk in other team).
Yeah some guys are skilled (I'm not really) but unique is not a skilled guy.

Can you stop this senseless discussions please. We all know about what Unique did in the past, but I can ensure you, that he is not playing with two PC's. I played a community match between FIH and 762 members with him, and all I can say is, this guy is simply a damn good tanker, if not the best. Get over it. It's not all about his whoring and spawnraping, he is actually doing. It is simply his skill with tank vs. tank combat. And I bet my money, that he will kick most of us in the ass. It doesn't feel very rewarding without any reason, when you take out his tank. And if he would use two PC's this wouldn't be possible. But it is actually possible to kill him. I killed him on Vossenack with a Wespe at Oberdorf from behind and there are alot of other examples. I think that is enough of explanation. If you want to use this thread to insult someone, you can do this on the 762 forum or on their TS Server. You are welcome for a clearifying debate.

Now back on topic, please. I think the example with the AP mines is quiet good. It is a gameplay feature, that won't work the intended way, because big brother is watching you. Why the hell can't we simply get a better solution, if the players think, that there is room for some tweaks. In fact it influences the flow of the game. It would be much more interesting, when all tactical possiblities could be used more efficient. The maps are quiet choke-pointish, so a bit more freedom couldn't hurt IMO.

There are someone who got a friend with him and spot for him everything...

but still, you need skill to HIT your target in just one shot. That is something a non-skilled player cannot do.

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12-02-2012, 17:02:30 »
That guy is a good butcher, but not a good hunter.

Offline Pvt.Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13-02-2012, 11:02:36 »
I really dislike the current death cams, the ragdoll physics kill it for me as they're so unrealistically dramatic and just don't look very good in my opinion, I'd rather see something like what Battlefield 3 uses when you die.

I'm a little skeptical at how the 3rd person death cam keeps players around longer if they're dying a lot, regardless of the view you'll get frustrated and you might as well do something that people will find immersive.
« Last Edit: 13-02-2012, 11:02:13 by Pvt.Craig »