2 (1.8%)
just right.
45 (41.3%)
too fast.
53 (48.6%)
I don't care.
9 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: Gameplay speed  (Read 6181 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
Re: Gameplay speed
« Reply #30 on: 28-01-2011, 05:01:32 »
yea, arbitrary bottlenecks are the worst thing a map can have.  but flags shouldnt follow a pattern, IMO flags should be placed in estrategic places, a rail road, a cross road, eable nests, etc,etc. not some random farm or house. that way is more interesting to attack and you actually earn something for the team.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28-01-2011, 05:01:11 »
yea, arbitrary bottlenecks are the worst thing a map can have.  but flags shouldnt follow a pattern, IMO flags should be placed in estrategic places, a rail road, a cross road, eable nests, etc,etc. not some random farm or house. that way is more interesting to attack and you actually earn something for the team.

Thats it though, dont think of those templates as examples of what maps should be, only examples what maps work best as in BF, and these examples are made from years of observation by myself and others. These map layouts can be tailored to ideas like you have, with key objectives that make sense. Its just a matter of taking them, and putting them into new context.

Offline Vernah

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28-01-2011, 06:01:25 »
People die too fast because I can right click my rifle, pew pew, and ur gone. Imo, there needs to be a short "aiming time" for rifles because right click pew is LAWL too easy.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28-01-2011, 08:01:14 »
For me just right!

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #34 on: 28-01-2011, 08:01:20 »
Although it is good, I put 'too fast' this is because i'd love the same sort of gameplay speed as PR (takes cover) but only in the sense of firefights and how a small engagment between a half a dozen men can still drag out for a good while.

Priestdk

« Reply #35 on: 28-01-2011, 09:01:18 »
I will try to make this short.

But i like it the way it is, for me the Mod and the rounds last just perfeckt, the right amount of time etc, i love the fakt that i can join for 2-3 houers if im lucky and get to play more then just 1 or 2 maps but i actully get to play 3-4 maps and dont feel this long out drawned rounds and have to look at the same enviroment for 2-3 houers like somwere else i can think of.

Also there is a huge difference in howe long some maps last, Tunis usaly last 15-20 min wile Gazala offen last up to 40 min for a round.

I would truely hate for the rounds to last longer then 45 min or there about. Especialy if on Desert maps. ;)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28-01-2011, 09:01:20 »
I think it's just right now.
COD, CSS and all other FPS are just too fast for me.
And I agree with priest, the perfect time for a map to play out is 45min, everything longer just turns into a tedious back and forth with no fun and with longer map times, fewer maps would be played, which is a huge disappointment in my opinion. FH2 lives from its increasing diversity.

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28-01-2011, 09:01:54 »
then again, maps wouldnt get overplayed

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28-01-2011, 10:01:03 »
Slower gameplay must not mean longer round times. Nor does it automatically require having longer respawns.

Less flags, flags more spread out. Longer capture times (turning the flag grey should remain fast as pointed out, so you wont be killing people respawning all over again.) There are numerous ways for slowing the gameplay.

Offline K.Cower

• I use immersive HUD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28-01-2011, 10:01:56 »
I like idea: to increase capping time and zone.
Sinn Féin

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #40 on: 28-01-2011, 11:01:49 »
You cannot just arbitrarily increase the radius of all flags.  Some of the flags in the mod wouldn't make much sense if you did that (imagine defending in the bunker on PdH with 3 friends, only to have it capped because 20 US guys appeared on that ledge halfway up the cliff).

I am, however, of the opinion that most flags should be 2-3 to cap (even with the feature semi-broken as it is).  Overall time to cap is irrelevant, provided the flag is quicker to grey than to turn.

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28-01-2011, 11:01:31 »
making any changes to existing flags is risky business. These suggestions are more pointed towards future maps.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28-01-2011, 13:01:53 »
I dont agree its too fast. Some people have problem with the smaller inf based map, but close combat happened in ww2, deal with it. I really enjoy some of the fast paced action (a la PHL, PDH and Tunis), but I like the big epic maps aswell. I however dont particulary enjoy long travel times when death is so easy and random and can be caused by a random nade, a camper with a faust, what have you. I think its justified for larger tanks etc that can take a punch but for paper tanks no.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 28-01-2011, 14:01:19 »
I agree with psykfallet. Its perfect how it is now with very much variety. Its great after a long battle on a large scale map, to get some fast action on for example Tunis. And the other way.

I have to say i also like some bottlenecks once in a while. It needs cooperation to attack bottleneck-flags. Just as much as it needs cooperation to defend "free" flags on large scale maps. Its pretty much the same imo. The flags in huge maps are often very simple to attack (except some desert maps with very open terrain), its just to sneak into the flagzone through some bushes.

Though bottlenecks might be too hard, like old Tunis before it got changed was maybe too much.

Anyhow i voted to keep things as it is. If maps will be just as varied in the future it will be great :)
Actually more varied wouldnt hurt either. I guess its off-topic, but more parachute or beach maps would be great.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28-01-2011, 14:01:40 »
I think it's just right now.
COD, CSS and all other FPS are just too fast for me.
And I agree with priest, the perfect time for a map to play out is 45min, everything longer just turns into a tedious back and forth with no fun and with longer map times

I would rather say 30 minutes but I agree.