53 (50.5%)
Semi auto
29 (27.6%)
Full auto
10 (9.5%)
No preference
13 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Bolt action vs. semi automatic vs. full automatic  (Read 10951 times)

Offline Chadoi

• View Profile
Re: Bolt action vs. semi automatic vs. full automatic
« Reply #30 on: 11-08-2010, 02:08:42 »
On the subject of the Stg 44, does anybody think the recoil of the gun in semi auto is a bit excessive? I mean, I seem to have greater success using it like a SMG at medium distances and firing in short bursts rather than semi.

I was just thinking that if the Bulge maps appear in which the Germans are likely to be equipped with far more STG's than they are now that they might be at a real disadvantage on some maps because of the semi auto performance of the gun next to the Garand. Or maybe I just suck with it  ;D

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11-08-2010, 04:08:13 »
On the subject of the Stg 44, does anybody think the recoil of the gun in semi auto is a bit excessive? I mean, I seem to have greater success using it like a SMG at medium distances and firing in short bursts rather than semi.

I was just thinking that if the Bulge maps appear in which the Germans are likely to be equipped with far more STG's than they are now that they might be at a real disadvantage on some maps because of the semi auto performance of the gun next to the Garand. Or maybe I just suck with it  ;D
no no it's not just you tbh. I'm sure the devs will tweak it before introducing it as a spawnable weapon. Right now most players would prefer their rifles to the STG44.
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Roden

• Make war not love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11-08-2010, 07:08:00 »
Bolt action for these long range shots, the fact you have to re-bolt i have to make the one shot hit the mark

but i do favor G43 on Lüttich over the bolt and Garand (Garand works best on Semi-/Static targets)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11-08-2010, 10:08:33 »
tbh. I like them all. Only weapon I cannot hit with is G43.

Same here.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11-08-2010, 10:08:33 »
Semi-automatic rifles are pretty much better in every way. Same accuracy, faster to reload and usable at any range. Also able to provide minor suppression with their decent rate of fire.
Though I like bolt-action rifles from a gameplay aspect, as it forces you to use bayonets and knives in close quarters.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline TigerAce

• The hunter of the hedgerows
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-08-2010, 11:08:55 »
My favorite weapon would be either STG44 or G43, seeing as they are both good at close-mid range combat.
"The roar of my 88 is only matched by the boom of a Sherman exploding"

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11-08-2010, 14:08:45 »
I choose Bolt Action. You got have big cojones to do a house/bunker clearing with a K98. I like it.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11-08-2010, 15:08:32 »
I choose Bolt Action. You got have big cojones to do a house/bunker clearing with a No. 4. I like it.

Fixed it for you. Faster ROF and twice the ammo.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Forlorn_Hope

• The 3rd Canadian Expeditionary Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11-08-2010, 15:08:50 »
Nothing feels better than supressing a group of enemies with an automatic weapon. ;D
3rdCEF Steele_Xia

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11-08-2010, 16:08:10 »
Bolt action is king.

No 4 makes me feel like I really knock over people on the other end of the map physically :)

Semi-autos are great too. I don't care whether it is G43 or Garand, although Garand feels a little heavier and seems therefore a little more accurate. I usually have 1s1k with Garand too, especially on PdH.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #40 on: 11-08-2010, 18:08:34 »
9/10 times I'm surprised how well I can shoot with the Garand, especially on PdH. I'm Sooting and going in my head "Ok I'll shoot I'm gonna miss him 100% but I'm gonna shoot" and 9/10 times I hit the target, then I'm happy as a horse  8)
I just love the Semi autos cause they are the Jack-of-all-trades.
And with that statement I don't minimize the effectivenes and awesomeness of the Bolts. Love beating a guy with an MP40, with a No.4 or SMLE in CQB.  ;D

Offline Heinrich (Mr.Uniwersum_GER)

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11-08-2010, 19:08:59 »
G43 and StG44, why ?, because they are cool.

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12-08-2010, 10:08:25 »
No.4 and other bolt action rifels are my favourite too. In my hands they are more effective then semi auto rifles. I use the MPs in citymaps most of the time. I very rarely use MG34/42 and Bren but very often the BAR (because I don't like the semi autos).

IMO the deviation of the M1 and G43 after the shot should be reduced. It is so ineffective to use their sights because it always hides the target after shooting and it takes time to get back to it. Bolt actions are back at the target when the reload is over and you can observe the target while reloading. For me this leads to faster aimed fire with the bolts.
I am no expert but I think that IRL the semiauto rifles had no real disadvantage against the bolt actions. IMO they should be more effective in FH2 too.
« Last Edit: 12-08-2010, 10:08:23 by Knitschi »

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12-08-2010, 10:08:21 »
I don't care whether it is G43 or Garand, although Garand feels a little heavier and seems therefore a little more accurate. I usually have 1s1k with Garand too, especially on PdH.

thats because on PdH german troops are second-line  and ost-truppen.
o maps like phl, you fight elite paratroopers that have of course more health and you need 2 shots.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12-08-2010, 10:08:59 »
I don't care whether it is G43 or Garand, although Garand feels a little heavier and seems therefore a little more accurate. I usually have 1s1k with Garand too, especially on PdH.

thats because on PdH german troops are second-line  and ost-truppen.
o maps like phl, you fight elite paratroopers that have of course more health and you need 2 shots.

Man, the amount of bullshit in this post is hysterical.