Author Topic: Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover  (Read 23331 times)

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
Re: Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
« Reply #90 on: 06-04-2011, 18:04:40 »
Does the game have working searchlights like Forgotten Battles did?

azreal

« Reply #91 on: 06-04-2011, 18:04:39 »
Is there a list of flyable planes in CoD:IL-2 I can view?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06-04-2011, 19:04:31 »
Is there a list of flyable planes in CoD:IL-2 I can view?
In the first post.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 06-04-2011, 23:04:39 »
Oh how confused i am always when i see in this thread CoD:IL-2 .... Jeez....

Seems like a phun game might as well "get" it.

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #94 on: 07-04-2011, 02:04:15 »
Does the game have working searchlights like Forgotten Battles did?

I'm not quite sure. I placed some searchlights in the FMB and made it night time, but none of them lit up the enemy planes. Maybe there's some special trigger for them or something.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 07-04-2011, 23:04:16 »
<sigh>

Beta patch got released, and is an utter failure.  Almost every person, myself included, notes that it did literally nothing, and in some cases, even made the game worse....

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 07-04-2011, 23:04:51 »
atleast they are trying mudra, you go make a game and see how hard it is yourself.. stop being so god damn selfish..

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 07-04-2011, 23:04:37 »
If I went and made a game, the first thing I would do is not release it when it is completly and utterly broken, unplayable, and could take months to fix, by which time most first-time players will be utterly exasperated with it.  Do you think the devs would have released FH2 if it was a stuttering lagfest for 90% of the people who downloaded it?

And how am I being selfish?  How is anyone who paid hard cash for a working game after paitiently waiting for 6 long years, playing and replaying the previous game loyally, SELFISH for wanting that game they waited for and supported for years and years to be PLAYABLE.

azreal

« Reply #98 on: 07-04-2011, 23:04:12 »
Yes, I must agree with Mudra here Snoox. If you buy a game, you expect it to be fleshed out as much as possible.

I mean, your a tester Snoox, you know how much testing we do of each map, and how much bug checking we do when we start with the release clients. If what Mudra is saying is accurate (and I believe it is) then these faults are unforgivable.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #99 on: 08-04-2011, 00:04:20 »
Oh come on Mudra, you make it sound like 50,000 people died because the game is not working properly. Everyone moaned and bitched about Empire too and everyone played it too, I still don't get that as I loved that game from the start. Flaws? Absolutely. Unplayable? Impossible.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 08-04-2011, 00:04:44 »
I loved Empire too.  And flawed?  Do you own it?  Have you gone and looked at the 1C forums?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189

Have a nice time browsing.  There's about 5-7 threads saying it runs, and dozens and dozens, with lots and lots of posts backing it up, saying it doesn't work, and its the same for the patch, which apparently has, if anything, made the game more unstable.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 08-04-2011, 01:04:02 »
noone forced you to buy the game or be such a fan :P now stfu and be happy they made it at all  :)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 08-04-2011, 02:04:29 »
noone forced you to buy the game or be such a fan :P now stfu and be happy they made it at all  :)

No one forced me to buy the game, but no one forces you to buy a car that you expect to be amazing, but ends up being a lemon.  You would be pissed too.  Your excuse of "be happy they made it at all" is like saying, after ordering a ferrari, and getting a Yugo "OH, well at least I got a car!"

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 08-04-2011, 02:04:53 »
Wow I'm amazed at how many people here are totally ignorant of the fact that this game basically DOES NOT WORK. It's not like Mudra is complaining about little flaws here and there that make the game less fun to play or even major bugs that need to be fixed.

We're talking about a full blown botched release of a game that isn't even in beta stages yet, or is at least in early beta. I'm a very patient person, and I would be very very frustrated if I had paid 50 dollars for a CD-shaped drink coaster, because that is essentially what Cliffs of Dover is for most people who bought it.

Mudra is 100% right -- just read the forums and you get a sense of how widespread the problems are. It's not just performance issues: it's everything from half the controls not working to entire texture sets missing. When I buy a game, I expect it to work in some fashion, but most people are complaining RIGHTFULLY that they can't run the game, regardless of what they do.

And now this beta patch comes out and introduces more problems. Now alot of people can't even start up the game ... this whole thing is a huge mess. It's too bad, because I was really looking forward to it. I'm not putting my money anywhere near this until it shows drastic signs of improvement. In the mean time, stop hating on Mudra -- he's a rightfully angry customer.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #104 on: 08-04-2011, 02:04:59 »
Even though my copy runs fairly well, I have to say you guys are still 100% correct.

There are many problems with the game that aren't directly related to performance. Some of which should've been instantly found in any testing session. I mean, the bf109s elevator is constantly up 5*, causing it to constantly climb. How could they miss that?

It's a fun game, but man, we really need a super-patch.