Author Topic: Total War games  (Read 71505 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Total War games
« Reply #45 on: 04-04-2009, 10:04:34 »
Haha I don't really care Zweig  :D Only thing I really like is the campaign itself. And when I feel like it I'll command my forces into battle. Oh and battles where I can't flee and there is a big chance of losing, those I also command. To maybe win or bring as much carnage as possible to the enemy  :P
But I'm not really a battle'er. I'm more an economist, making 50,000 coins each turn while having multiple full stack armies. For proof: check out my Xfire profile Zweig  :-X
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04-04-2009, 10:04:30 »
I'm just messing with you:)
Yeah I've seen your xfire pictures! I'm building up my economy greatly too, more than 20 000 each turn now.

And yes it is great to fight an enemy with an inferior army, if you then manage to win you feel proud:P
I mostly only choose to command my armies when victory is not certain, since I am a better general then the AI.

And Mudra, this battle was the second MP battle for me ever (in any TW game).
When I'm playing I'm online in the FH2 steam group, you can hit me up there whenever if you feel like playing!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:47 »
Oh. It was my first against a human in E:TW. Well as far as Swedes can be considered human.
I tried it 1 time before but got disconnected.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:59 »
My first MP battle was also in Empire:)
the day before yesterday.
it was 2vs2, I was britain and all the others were austria.
50% of my allies army where rocket troops, who didn't seem to have a very good impact, it cost us the battle.
I managed to hold one enemy at place, but when my ally got slaughtered and I was attacked in the flank by the second enemy, I had definately NO chance.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:22 »
Oh eh I've played multiple times with Rome but thats so different. It's all the same tactics, Urban cohort armies with archers or Phalanx squares with archers.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:31 »
Aww! now you made me want to play RTW!

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:12 »
Hm. It's not that good. GameSpy mostly prevents you from playing online for no reason.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04-04-2009, 12:04:56 »
Well I got an urge to play single-player actually;)

But I agree with you that the campaign is important.
But none could be great without the other, battles are dependent on campaign to be good and vice versa.

I can't wait to play campaign online!

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04-04-2009, 13:04:43 »
Don't make me install EB please... I still didn't find the nerve yet to play ETW again, I don't know what it is. I'm just playing FH and PES09 lately, attempts to bring a bit of alternation into it with Dwarf Fortress and Left4Dead didn't proof successful.  :(

And you grief me, Fuchsi. Yesterday you joined our squad right before the map changed, and BAFF, once the new map loaded, you were gone.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04-04-2009, 14:04:23 »
Yup. I wanted to play with Niebler, Uranium, you and the others but I kept getting disconnected. I've loaded in 3 times in total so then I thought, ah well screw it and went watching TV. I was unhappy too, I really looked forward to some teamplay in the big Sidi building.

EDIT: I'm having that alot lately, servers disconnecting me. On some servers it's ok but on most Euro servers I keep getting disconnected.
« Last Edit: 04-04-2009, 14:04:04 by Fuchs »

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04-04-2009, 14:04:08 »
Amerikanische Feindpropaganda of your clan mates, I'm sure it's not because of the euro servers. Already thought it would be something like that. Too bad I didn't see your disc-message, maybe your punkbuster is fucked?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04-04-2009, 14:04:38 »
No, it's just disconnecting. My internet is also acting weird alot.
Maybe herr Schneider wants to play now? I don't got anything to do and I have to test it anyways.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 04-04-2009, 14:04:57 »
I was just thinking about making a break, lack the spirit to keep on working now, if you wish we might as well see if we can get your hslan working (before we get whipped for offtopicing).
(I'd say write me in steam but seemingly the steam friends-thing is offline)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 04-04-2009, 14:04:20 »
It works for me.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04-04-2009, 15:04:19 »
hslan is great...I just wish they had a second north american server, as the distance from me to it now makes my ping just over 200, unplayable.