Author Topic: Voice command translation  (Read 826 times)

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
Voice command translation
« on: 22-07-2009, 18:07:48 »
In FH2, can HUD display the english translation of received command voice orders, as it does in FH1?    When playing germans or italians, it's really hard to comply to orders without any readable translation.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Voice command translation
« Reply #1 on: 22-07-2009, 21:07:14 »
Nope that is switched off to prevent message flooding in FH2.
Most commands are easy to recognize, you will get the hang of it sooner or later.
Important commands are displayed as icons on your minimap as well so I guess there shouldn't be a problem.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Roden

• Make war not love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-07-2009, 23:07:23 »
You can make the Voices English only in the Audio menu

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-07-2009, 02:07:33 »
Just click a few times trough the Commorose, and you will learn it a bit.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-07-2009, 11:07:08 »
Protip:  If you played FH1, the voices are the exact same. 

I'm sure you came to recognize at least a few of the commands by sound without having to look at the typed out message, right?  Well they're the same ones.  Also, play for a bit and you'll recognize the commands by sound, especially if you use them yourself and listen to what your character is saying.  Finally, Commanders and Squad Leaders still put the typed out message up, so if you really need the visual medium, maybe load up a local game, make yourself a squad leader, and start shouting commands.  After a while, stop begin SL and see if you can still associate the vocals with the correct command.

Or, you can just remember that frantic, panicked voices either mean "Medic!", "Grenade!" or "Fire in the Hole!" since those are the only somewhat useful commands that grunts may be using.  SLs might use the other ones, but you a text representation from them.  Although, the "Pickup" and "Wait!" commands might be good to memorize.  And anything that sounds like a battle cry is probably a "Charge!" or "Go, go, go!" command.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-07-2009, 18:07:16 »
Thx for your answers dudes.

I know I can learn thoses voice commands by heart, but some are used scarcely and difficult to remember in the heat of battle.   I really like the way the text translation is displayed in FH1.  It's unfortunate that this option is not available  in FH2.