Author Topic: Show us your FH2/FH1 Videos  (Read 27535 times)

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Show us your FH2/FH1 Videos
« Reply #135 on: 06-07-2011, 17:07:17 »
Well, tiz a thrice of  perhaps...cough*..looks both ways, lowers half moon spectacles.."it is I Le'Claire" whispers, unofficial promo vids for _ _ _ _ _.

Although old Gustav's Mars has been ripped off by one and all, something dark, heavy, tension building along the same lines, but with a modernistic twist perchance, not to heavy on the Banjos though.
I've been sniffing around Hanz, but again as brilliance as his stuff is, a little overused, want to use something a little more unexpected.
Tried Game of Thrones sig tune, didn't really work...so anything of the above ilk suggestion wise will be welcomed!  :)
« Last Edit: 06-07-2011, 17:07:14 by Capten_C »
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 06-07-2011, 17:07:18 »
PSSSSSSSSST*

Suggestions required for great soundtracks that would go with nicely with some fh2 footage  to go with some up and coming vids!

Cheers :)
From the classical side... See if you find something from The Enigma Variations by Sir Edward Elgar. Variations 4 and 7 especially might do. For more pomp and circumstance, there's of course the Op. 39 "Pomp and Circumstance" March No. 1. If the 'Land of Hope and Glory' part is too obvious, pick something from the beginning for example or from march No. 4.

Actually, from the No. 4 at 1:57 mark. That's one of my favourites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrmDtH1Xpk

And then there's Johann Strauss... I can recommend at least "Festmarsch", "Egyptischer Marsch" would be great for Africa bits, and "Unter Donner und Blitz" for more action.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #137 on: 06-07-2011, 19:07:35 »
PSSSSSSSSST*

Suggestions required for great soundtracks that would go with nicely with some fh2 footage  to go with some up and coming vids!

Cheers :)
From the classical side... See if you find something from The Enigma Variations by Sir Edward Elgar. Variations 4 and 7 especially might do. For more pomp and circumstance, there's of course the Op. 39 "Pomp and Circumstance" March No. 1. If the 'Land of Hope and Glory' part is too obvious, pick something from the beginning for example or from march No. 4.

Actually, from the No. 4 at 1:57 mark. That's one of my favourites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrmDtH1Xpk

And then there's Johann Strauss... I can recommend at least "Festmarsch", "Egyptischer Marsch" would be great for Africa bits, and "Unter Donner und Blitz" for more action.

Thanks for the suggestions! Looking for a little more darker circumstance, and less pomp.  Elgar March No3 was gut though, some darky bitz!  :)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 07-07-2011, 13:07:23 »
C, you should check out these two producers on Ytube: Two steps from hell and X-Ray Dog
Loads of tv commercials use their music as soundtracks.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #139 on: 07-07-2011, 13:07:44 »
P&CM No.3 is awesome, like he knew about Indiana Jones movies before they were invented or something.

EDIT: re-Reading your comments, I Hi-lighted the most appropriate in yellow

Veigar - Final Reckoning
It's got 'Fh2 Germans' written all over it.

Craig Armstrong - Escape
Try and stop the fucking hairs on your neck going, sadness in battle, futility of war, slow motion grenade throw...

Audio Machine - Akkadian Empire
Battle Drum in the background, operatic FH2 style chanting, fast paced war machine, maybe a bit too ideal for areoplanes, but has some great breaks for scene swapping and a pause/creschendo at the end.

Brand X Music - Never Surrender
Quietly brewing into a war drum song from 1.12 onwards, very allied forces (winning).

Transformers 3 - Scoponok
Got some nice beats that you can cut scenes to, also starts quite withdrawn and sollem, then builds into a creschendo.

I've shit loads more if none/any of this helps.
« Last Edit: 07-07-2011, 14:07:34 by von.small »
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 07-07-2011, 14:07:49 »
P&CM No.3 is awesome, like he knew about Indiana Jones movies before they were invented or something.

EDIT: re-Reading your comments, I Hi-lighted the most appropriate in yellow

Veigar - Final Reckoning
It's got 'Fh2 Germans' written all over it.

Craig Armstrong - Escape
Try and stop the fucking hairs on your neck going, sadness in battle, futility of war, slow motion grenade throw...

Audio Machine - Akkadian Empire
Battle Drum in the background, operatic FH2 style chanting, fast paced war machine, maybe a bit too ideal for areoplanes, but has some great breaks for scene swapping and a pause/creschendo at the end.

Brand X Music - Never Surrender
Quietly brewing into a war drum song from 1.12 onwards, very allied forces (winning).

Transformers 3 - Scoponok
Got some nice beats that you can cut scenes to, also starts quite withdrawn and sollem, then builds into a creschendo.

I've shit loads more if none/any of this helps.

Say, how do you tell which music suits the axis or allies better? Is t just me or the allies usually get the "Hollywood epic part of movie"  music and the axis usually get the "badass"/marching stuff?
I mean no offence or anything just asking  :-[
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 07-07-2011, 14:07:24 »
Craig Armstrong - Escape

Silent Hunter 3! Grey Wolves mod!

/instant goosebumps
/faints

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #142 on: 07-07-2011, 14:07:12 »
Say, how do you tell which music suits the axis or allies better? Is t just me or the allies usually get the "Hollywood epic part of movie"  music and the axis usually get the "badass"/marching stuff?
I mean no offence or anything just asking  :-[

Well yes, it does need to be as stereo typical as that sometimes.  You can granulate the experience into "does the music sound like good guy music or bad guy music" and it works, Hollywood does it, and your subconcious picks up on it too. I try to broaden it by listening for instruments that are instinctivly native to the country the sound is trying to represent.  History may tell us differently, but 'instinctivly' the Americans for instance march to small brass instruments and snare drum, and the German to piano and bass drum (with vocals - cause they social people :) ).  The British march to orchestral brass and snare drum, and the Russians violin and bass drum.  

This stereo typing may have been installed into us by Hollywood, but for the purposes of our little zoeotrope like movies in comparrison with Hollywood epics, I'd suggest following the format of stereo typing to increase the potential for someone to say in your You Tube comments, "dude, sweet".
« Last Edit: 07-07-2011, 14:07:21 by von.small »

Offline Capten_C

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #143 on: 07-07-2011, 14:07:54 »
Thanks for the tip offs chaps, might use one of these. I liked the transformers one. Was also pm'd some hitman tracks, also good. Plenty of tunes here for ppl to use in future vids too.  8)

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 07-07-2011, 15:07:16 »
In that case, thanks von.small for the quick answer ;D, I think this one also screams german march;

James Dooley - Hold the Line
« Last Edit: 07-07-2011, 15:07:41 by Master Chief »

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #145 on: 07-07-2011, 16:07:43 »
In that case, thanks von.small for the quick answer ;D, I think this one also screams german march;

James Dooley - Hold the Line

Good choice, not heard it until now, I've got the Dark March by Dooley, but I think hold the line has more pace ... hmmm,... to the cutting room!

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 07-07-2011, 16:07:13 »
IMO, this one is more immersive, trailer to a WWII sci-fi film included xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND_S0VoeaYg

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 08-07-2011, 12:07:09 »
When in doubt, always check the MechWarrior II soundtrack.

Also, for epic classic-style soundtracks, the late great Basil Poledouris delivers (plus his compositions are not as recognizable overused as Williams's or Zimmer's).

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #148 on: 23-07-2011, 15:07:56 »
Does anyone know of a server running battle recorder since the patch?
There was a good website that ran a game server spy for BF2 and it's mods, I used to have it bookmarked but I don't (ffs) does anyone also know what it was called?

The'anks  :)

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 23-07-2011, 21:07:19 »
Mersa Matruh part 1 blocked in Finland because of copyright douchebags.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!