Author Topic: Show us your FH2/FH1 Videos  (Read 27627 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: Show us your FH2/FH1 Videos
« Reply #105 on: 10-01-2011, 23:01:03 »
Nice one. I remember this round very well, it's the one I almost ragequit (see the killmessages early on ;)) until you started haunting Miteriya instead. I even get a small kill streak going on at around 11:00 :P

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #106 on: 11-01-2011, 00:01:17 »
Brilliant Lydecker! I watched it all in 720p full screen! I don't get to see much FH2 flying action. One of the best I've seen!  :)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #107 on: 11-01-2011, 00:01:02 »
Great Lydecker, awesomely cut as well  ;)

I guess this is the view and gameplay when one has a joystick? I liked how you emphasized the little gameplay details, like getting high for an aa-strafing run. And ofcourse how you mowed down Kelmola  ;D
Nobel prize winner/available at dutchreview.com

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 11-01-2011, 18:01:54 »
Nice video & flying!  ;) You only were shot by friendly fire - tk in the end was amazing!  ;D Tell me, do you slow down engine "speed" when you strafe ground or you make it on full throttle?

Edit: My 100th post on forum!  :P

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #109 on: 11-01-2011, 18:01:05 »
Nice one. I remember this round very well, it's the one I almost ragequit (see the killmessages early on ;)) until you started haunting Miteriya instead. I even get a small kill streak going on at around 11:00 :P

Brilliant video, Lydecker! I watched the whole thing in 720p and that was the shortest 13 minutes I've ever seen.

Good settings (Who wanna watch a video with somebody playing on low settings btw?), some awesome kills and most important for anybody who wanna make these kind of movies, you fast forward the boring parts so the viewer doesn't have to see it.

And the funny part was that Kelmola got killed so many times, I'm laughing now but I bet as soon as I join HSLAN you'll strafe me before I've even pushed "Join game"

Perfect video IMHO!

Keep up the good work

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 11-01-2011, 22:01:00 »
Also, this video ONCE AGAIN illustrates, why kill messages are a good thing even if they are "gamey". :)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #111 on: 11-01-2011, 22:01:49 »
Also, this video ONCE AGAIN illustrates, why kill messages are a good thing even if they are "gamey". :)
How about keeping the "You killed X" messages and removing the other crap up in the far left corner?

Offline Lydecker

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 12-01-2011, 01:01:53 »
Heh, I'm sorry Kelmola :)

Yes, I fly with a joystick, Logitech G940 at the moment, which is a tad bit much for simple BF2... but it's very accurate. The rudder and throttle are on WASD, so sometimes flying gets a bit wobbly when trying to nail that crosshair on a target.

Throttle is always full. Speed is everything and if a strafe fails or something unexpected happens, I want power to help me handle it. It gives me less time to strafe, but also helps me to survive and escape angry AA. Sometimes on Alamein, flying over Miteriya is interesting when the entire hill seems to light up and every gun is shooting at me. I just let them cool off by switching to Kidney Ridge ;)

I don't much follow the kill messages when I fly. Hit markers on crosshair are well enough. I do check the kill after dogfighting someone, it's like collecting mental dog tags or something ;D

Sometimes I'm surprised of the amount of kills from flying. Today I hit over 50 kills on Crete when trying to do my best for the team in a 109 and all I thought was "why the hell didn't I fraps this round!?!" I think it could have been excellent material for new pilots on removing AA, hunting Vickers and strafing infantry when flying few meters above ground. I actually clipped someone with my wing today and THAT did make me feel all warm and fuzzy ;D He even saw it coming! Like a deer in headlights...

Thank You very much for the comments! :)

Priestdk

« Reply #113 on: 12-01-2011, 07:01:31 »
Yup nice video mate!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 12-01-2011, 18:01:43 »
Yet to watch it and review it for possible addition to FHMOD library.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 13-01-2011, 17:01:21 »
One more question Lydecker - how do you look around from the cockpit (don't use this word on the server - you will be kicked  ;D), I mean look at your sides and up? I asked on a server, but people said that it is impossible. Just tell me what is the name of fuctions in options.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 13-01-2011, 17:01:04 »
Default key is control if I remember right. You press control down and keep it pressed, while you are doing it, you can move your view around.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 13-01-2011, 17:01:28 »
Ah, ok. I know this one from using a tank  :P But it seems that for flying a plane I need more than 2 hands  :P

Offline Lydecker

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 13-01-2011, 19:01:12 »
Actually, it's JoyToKey. I tested it out last summer and it stuck. Never used it before, but I guess I got old & lazy. It's nice for searching, but unlike people are suggesting on that thread, it's not good in dogfight. Even though it is quick, plane is still out of control when you use it. I use other means to know where my opponent is.

Discussed in length here: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=321.0

About setting that up: setup your mouselook button in FH2 Aircraft controls to mouse button 0. Configure your joystick's POV hat in JoyToKey to handle mouse movement and add a 'click left mouse button' on each direction you have. And that's it. I also suggest adding the 'Cockpit' and 'Chase Rear' views in Aircraft controls to your POV hat.

Edit: I think we better end this off-topic about flying and get back to videos!

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 14-01-2011, 00:01:50 »
Ok, thx. I'll go through this topic tomorrow. Sorry for OT, but I couldn't find appropriate topic...  :)