Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236377 times)

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1665 on: 18-10-2011, 17:10:11 »
I hoped BF3 would leak personally, so I can play the SP before release. Because of the (vehicle)unlocks, you will have to start grinding immediately if you want to keep up.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 18-10-2011, 17:10:59 »
I hoped BF3 would leak personally, so I can play the SP before release. Because of the (vehicle)unlocks, you will have to start grinding immediately if you want to keep up.
It's really not as bad as some of you guys make it out to be. You can do fine with the standard equipment.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 18-10-2011, 18:10:37 »
sorry but aircraft with only cannon, tanks without coax??

thats like given the soldiers just pistols and unlocking the main rifle after certain level...

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 18-10-2011, 18:10:00 »
no it isn't, don't be silly.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 18-10-2011, 18:10:07 »
The way it's meant to be played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM

thats like given the soldiers just pistols and unlocking the main rifle after certain level...
Big deal. You unlock those after a few kills, easy to get. It's not like you have to spend hours in a vehicle to unlock anything. One round of Caspian in a tank and I unlocked IR smoke and COAX.  Making mountains out of molehills again.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 18-10-2011, 18:10:42 »

Big deal. You unlock those after a few kills, easy to get. It's not like you have to spend hours in a vehicle to unlock anything. One round of Caspian in a tank and I unlocked IR smoke and COAX.  Making mountains out of molehills again.
Which you shouldnt need to do in the first place. Im guessing you played the entire round in the tank? or most of it at least?
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

azreal

« Reply #1671 on: 18-10-2011, 19:10:16 »
Woah woah woah, aircraft start only their cannon?! Wow, kinda a big balance issue there I think. Seems like DICE should have made another WWII-based Battlefield game if they wanted that kind of air combat. Such a shame too, since I've always been a flyboy within the BF community.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 18-10-2011, 19:10:06 »
Its hurting for the people, like me, who dont reach the max level after one week of gaming. In the Beta i really lacked behind because i had way less game hours to spend than some of the hardcore dudes.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 18-10-2011, 19:10:02 »

Which you shouldnt need to do in the first place. Im guessing you played the entire round in the tank? or most of it at least?
I love driving tanks in the vanilla BF games, so yes like most rounds on Caspian I spend it in a tank. I simply don't see the problem. I explained how easy it is to unlock COAX to ease some concerns about the game being unbalanced beyond the experience of the player because of vehicle unlocks.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 18-10-2011, 19:10:33 »
You guys make a hen out of a feather. Just play the game normally and the unlocks will naturally appear for you and you can use them. No need to get all high-blood-pressure just because there are guys who can do things you can't. Sooner or later, you too, will be cool and have all the toys  8)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: 18-10-2011, 19:10:29 »
Woah woah woah, aircraft start only their cannon?! Wow, kinda a big balance issue there I think. Seems like DICE should have made another WWII-based Battlefield game if they wanted that kind of air combat. Such a shame too, since I've always been a flyboy within the BF community.

the worst part is, the cannon rounds are like paintball amunition, just at a guy on the ground, and you have to almost hit him directly 3 times to kill him, thats just.... just, no words really.

same as the rockets, almost no splash damage, its like they made sure air vehicles dont bother ground anymore xD

then why made them unlocks if you can have them anyway with 1 hour of gameplay?? ohh thats right, unlocks are c00l and kids love them ^^.

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 18-10-2011, 20:10:50 »
What I don't like about unlocking stuff on vehicles is that you have to choose (at least in BC2) between coax MG or smoke.  (Unless I was doing something wrong).  Both would be useful, obviously.

It took me about 10 hours to unlock the coax MG on BC2, never got to do it in BF3.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 18-10-2011, 20:10:24 »
then why made them unlocks if you can have them anyway with 1 hour of gameplay??
do you take everything literary?

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 18-10-2011, 20:10:28 »
http://twitter.com/#!/Thylander/status/126267841811988480

Bad news people. We wont be getting a giant map to play with. Apparently OP Firestorm is the biggest map in the entire game. But the play area is very small...I dont know about you guys, but expanding the boundaries and playing in those mountains would be very cool...it would be nice to expand those boundaries a lot.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 18-10-2011, 20:10:24 »
then why made them unlocks if you can have them anyway with 1 hour of gameplay??
do you take everything literary?

sounds familiar?